This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XIII - Did anyone see Part 1 on Sunday!

Did anyone see XIII Part 1 last night? I think it qualifies as sci-fi given that it takes place in a future context, a la Jericho style to some extent, but if not the Mods will move this discussion.

What did everyone think? I feared it was going to go Jericho and they blow the bomb, but thankfully the plot took a different twist. While the last 5 minutes were somewhat foreshadowed and predictable, overall I enjoyed it, and will watch part 2.

Pretty ruthless killing one's sister just to get some power, but I guess all is fair in politics!

Nice to see Greg Byrk from Regenesis as well....
    ---------------------
    sigpic
    Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

is it based on the game of the same name?
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      is it based on the game of the same name?
      Good question. I don't know, although a little google research would tell. Given the plotline I think it might have its roots in a game. Going to go check.

Did you watch it? I am thinking from your post you did not....
      ---------------------
      sigpic

Comment

no i hadn't even heard of it until you posted, although it made me remember playing the demo for the game years ago. sorry i really had nothing more to add to the thread
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Well there was a game called that.

All the information I been able to find about is that is a mini series. Started downloading it now.

Comment

I just looked up some info on it online. It was on NBC, in HD, but I guess most missed it. To bad as it was pretty enjoyable. Part 2 (2 hrs) I believe airs this Sunday. But I am seeing some info that it has not aired in all markets yet in NA, and will be airing on the 8th and 15th if the info is not out of date. But I watched it this Sunday (April 5th).

The series is based loosely on a video game, a Belgium cult comic book and a graphic novel. The first female President of the United States is assassinated by a sniper as she is giving a speech on Independence Day and it becomes evident that it's a conspiracy.

At TV rage, the first few votes scored it a 9.4 out of 10. It has a fair number of names people will recognize such as Stephen Dorff, Greg Bryk, Stephen McHattie, Ted Atherton, Jessalyn Gilsig and Mimi Kuzyk.
            ---------------------
            sigpic

Comment

it aired in the states a month or so ago

not too bad but nothing remarkable
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X