This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showdown: Bear ~vs~ Joel

I love Stargate. Stargate was what got me into the realm of sci fi. However, early in the thrid season of Battlestar Galactica I fell in love with it and it remains my favorite televison show.

Two of the strongest points of these two shows are it's music and it's composers. Joel Goldsmith did exellent work on the Ark of Truth and Continuum soundtrakcs, however, Bear McCreary's style is so different and I think it fits so well with BSG. Therefore, I truely think he is the better composer. His music is so worldy and multicultural. As much as I like 'The List' from Continuum, Bear's rendition of All Along The Watchtower and even more, Adama & Tigh's Leimotif is just amazing and always blows me away.

What does the Stargate community have to say about this?

I love me some SG-1.

But the better is Bear McCreary. Not a fraction of a hint of a shadow of a doubt in this one.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Bear wins hands down. His work on BSG was nothing short of spectacular. I listen to the soundtracks all the time, but watching "Day Break part 3" made me realize just how powerful his music is and what talent he possesses.

Add to that the fact that I just got into the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles soundtrack, which is a completely different genre and musical style yet still sounds so amazing. The intro to the show is great, as is Chromartie in the Hospital and Sarah Connor's theme.

I have nothing against Joel, but I don\t care for his music nearly as much as Bear's. Bear's seems more philosophical and has a lot more depth, though I will be honest I haven't listened to the Ark Of Truth or Continuum soundtracks and I'm going off of memory here.

Comment

Joel is the Salieri of the story.

Comment

Working...
        X