• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Ori motherships vs. Death Star

That would one h*** of a battle.

but, who do you think would win?

either way, it would be an epic battle.

the deathstar has rediculously low ROF, so i think it's comes down to how strong the shield of the deathstar is. it will definatley one-shoot all of the ships, but if it can do it before it's shield are depleted is unclear, since they haven't been seen in action to my knowlige.
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

Comment

there are defence towers on the death star.

did you forget about those.

Comment

no, but they aren't gonna do much good against the toiletbowls.
        sigpic

Spoiler:
        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
        Hehe

Comment

true, but you gotta think about pure quantity.

how many defence turrets did it have, as well as how many fighters did it have.

plus the shield.

Comment

btw, are we talking first or second?
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Hehe

Comment

I think the Death Star might sustain some damage, but it would probably destroy 4 ships before they caused some serious damage, 400,000 ships however......

Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

the reason i asked about 1st or 2nd, is that the 1st can't target ships with the laser, and it has fewer and slower turbolasers. it aslo takes longer to charge the laser.

the 2nd would win hands down, but the 1st might not make it.
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                  btw, are we talking first or second?

first

wait, i dont think the first one had shields

Comment

either way, i would love to see that battle.

Comment

the first one had shields, but the shields had holes in them, and thats why it could be so easily destroyed.
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisAssassin View Post
                        I think the Death Star might sustain some damage, but it would probably destroy 4 ships before they caused some serious damage, 400,000 ships however......

The only weapon on the death star that can scratch the paint on a toilet bowl is the main gun and they aren't going to park in front of it.

Comment

I would have to say the Ori Ships as:
                          1) They can move Damned fast
                          2) They have a f**k of powerful weapon
                          3) Ubber strong shields (Against fighters etc)
                          4) In comparison to the death star they are like marbles (speculation)

The death star would loose because:
                          1)
                          I) The first generation couldn't target ships
                          II) The second generation could only target slow moving ships
                          2) The laser had a looooooooooooooong recharge time
                          3) The turbo lasers are for point defense ONLY
                          4) It relied (not depended) on star destroyers for defense as well

Also WookiePedia says that the death star would have needed the total power output of our sun (in a week) to blow up Alderan... so it must have had some MASSIVE generators so it is plausible that it had some pretty good shields.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                            The only weapon on the death star that can scratch the paint on a toilet bowl is the main gun and they aren't going to park in front of it.
                            The Death Star only had one of those planet destroy things didn't it?
                            If that's the case then I think the Ori Cruisers would win, I mean the turrets wouldn't do much damage to the Ori ship's shields, I'm not sure about their power but I don't think they'd be up there with Asgard Plasma Beam Weapons.
                            Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 06 April 2009, 07:54 PM.

Comment

There's no way 4 Ori ships are going to be able to cause enough sheer damage to something the size of the deathstar before it's god knows how many surface guns finally wear them down and kill them.

Comment

Working...
                              X