This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargate atlantis dvd

does anyone know if and when they will release the complete series on dvd? Amazon has seasons 1-4 for $55 i'm thinking about buying them or should i wait

I am pretty sure they will release a box set, they did it for SG-1 why not Atlantis? So I say you wait.
    sigpic

Comment

$55 total or $55 each?

If it's $55 each, don't do it, that's a huge ripoff. I know around here they usually sell for about half that.

If it's $55 for four seasons, I'd say go for it. $14 a season is a steal, and S5 will come down in price eventually.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
        I am pretty sure they will release a box set, they did it for SG-1 why not Atlantis? So I say you wait.
        SG1 ran for 10 seasons. Very uncommon for a televison show let alone a SciFi show. While Atlantis ran for a good portion of time it doesn't carry the epicness that SG1's lenght. But it all boils down to money. How much profit does MGM and Fox think they can get out a complete series release.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          $55 total or $55 each?

If it's $55 each, don't do it, that's a huge ripoff. I know around here they usually sell for about half that.

If it's $55 for four seasons, I'd say go for it. $14 a season is a steal, and S5 will come down in price eventually.
          Its for all 4 seasons

Comment

untitledkaos is right its $55 for all together here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlan...8955620&sr=8-4
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              SG1 ran for 10 seasons. Very uncommon for a televison show let alone a SciFi show. While Atlantis ran for a good portion of time it doesn't carry the epicness that SG1's lenght. But it all boils down to money. How much profit does MGM and Fox think they can get out a complete series release.
              Well I hope they do, cause I am holding off on buying the Seasons until the box set comes out. If an Atlantis box set doesn't come out I would of missed out on this great offer.
              sigpic

Comment

I wonder will they get a sg1 sga sgu boxset when sgu is finished
                sigpic

Comment

Although it's currently out-of-stock, there is already a SGA Seasons 1-5 boxset (Which is Region Free) available from amazon in the UK. Since it's out of stock there is no price shown, but I'm sure a bit of googling will bring up the same product on other sites.

Anyway... the linkage....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/stargate-atl...8957404&sr=1-6
                  www.stargatetew.com - An Unofficial Unreal Tournament 3 Total Conversion

www.moddb.com - Change The Game

Comment

They will release season 5 individually then bring out the box set later. This way they make more money as people will buy the box set after buying season 5 already.
                    Some say that he has only one ear.
                    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                    All we know is he's called
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                      They will release season 5 individually then bring out the box set later. This way they make more money as people will buy the box set after buying season 5 already.
                      lol... eh... Look at my post above again! The box set is already out! lol

Comment

Looking at that link I'm gonna call that that boxset is a pirate. I have experiences with pirate stargate merchandise in the past, and one review says that the discs come in a wooden shoe. Most pirate sets I have had the misfortune to encounter also use this method of packaging, so I am going out on a limb to call this as unofficial.

Comment

Amazon do not in any way what-so-ever deal in pirated goods! Never have, never will!

And tbh, I wouldn't read too much into a description written by a customer because many customers don't bother to think about being extremely careful with their wording etc. I think what the guy who wrote that was trying to say was that the collection came in a nice wooden case approximately the size of a shoe box (Not a "Shoe"! lol) and that each season is then within it's own case, and all five cases fit within the wooden box. (The box in the picture is probably just one of the Season cases??).

At the end of the day though, Amazon have a reputation for being as solid and trust worthy as PayPal these days and Never deal in fraudulent and/or pirated goods! Especially DVD's etc.!

Comment

I just ordered 1-4. Thanks for the heads up. I'll return 1-3 to Sam's where they were 19.88 each.

Comment

That is true, however the very same pirated set I almost bought also turned up on amazon at one time. Notice that the set is NOT actually sold by Amazon, rather a user. All I am saying is, be very careful, as it has never been officially announced (as far as I know). The R2 boxset which I eventually bought was announced on here, and that was quite an obscure release. So I am certain that if a complete Atlantis boxset were to surface, it would be reported on here first.

Comment

Working...
                              X