PDA

View Full Version : stargate atlantis dvd

untitledkaos
April 5th, 2009, 09:44 AM
does anyone know if and when they will release the complete series on dvd? Amazon has seasons 1-4 for $55 i'm thinking about buying them or should i wait

NormaN
April 5th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I am pretty sure they will release a box set, they did it for SG-1 why not Atlantis? So I say you wait.

DigiFluid
April 5th, 2009, 10:40 AM
$55 total or $55 each?

If it's $55 each, don't do it, that's a huge ripoff. I know around here they usually sell for about half that.

If it's $55 for four seasons, I'd say go for it. $14 a season is a steal, and S5 will come down in price eventually.

jelgate
April 5th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I am pretty sure they will release a box set, they did it for SG-1 why not Atlantis? So I say you wait.

SG1 ran for 10 seasons. Very uncommon for a televison show let alone a SciFi show. While Atlantis ran for a good portion of time it doesn't carry the epicness that SG1's lenght. But it all boils down to money. How much profit does MGM and Fox think they can get out a complete series release.

untitledkaos
April 5th, 2009, 11:03 AM
$55 total or $55 each?

If it's $55 each, don't do it, that's a huge ripoff. I know around here they usually sell for about half that.

If it's $55 for four seasons, I'd say go for it. $14 a season is a steal, and S5 will come down in price eventually.

Its for all 4 seasons

padr49904
April 5th, 2009, 11:21 AM
untitledkaos is right its $55 for all together here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atlantis-Seasons-1-4-Flanigan/dp/B0018SLGG0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1238955620&sr=8-4

NormaN
April 5th, 2009, 11:29 AM
SG1 ran for 10 seasons. Very uncommon for a televison show let alone a SciFi show. While Atlantis ran for a good portion of time it doesn't carry the epicness that SG1's lenght. But it all boils down to money. How much profit does MGM and Fox think they can get out a complete series release.

Well I hope they do, cause I am holding off on buying the Seasons until the box set comes out. If an Atlantis box set doesn't come out I would of missed out on this great offer.

janus 510
April 5th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I wonder will they get a sg1 sga sgu boxset when sgu is finished:)

orion2sirius
April 5th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Although it's currently out-of-stock, there is already a SGA Seasons 1-5 boxset (Which is Region Free) available from amazon in the UK. Since it's out of stock there is no price shown, but I'm sure a bit of googling will bring up the same product on other sites.

Anyway... the linkage.... ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/stargate-atlantis-Seasons-box-set-Special/dp/B001FKN0T2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1238957404&sr=1-6

The Stig
April 5th, 2009, 11:21 PM
They will release season 5 individually then bring out the box set later. This way they make more money as people will buy the box set after buying season 5 already.

orion2sirius
April 5th, 2009, 11:51 PM
They will release season 5 individually then bring out the box set later. This way they make more money as people will buy the box set after buying season 5 already.

lol... eh... Look at my post above again! The box set is already out! lol :)

sabbon
April 6th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Looking at that link I'm gonna call that that boxset is a pirate. I have experiences with pirate stargate merchandise in the past, and one review says that the discs come in a wooden shoe. Most pirate sets I have had the misfortune to encounter also use this method of packaging, so I am going out on a limb to call this as unofficial.

orion2sirius
April 6th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Amazon do not in any way what-so-ever deal in pirated goods! Never have, never will!

And tbh, I wouldn't read too much into a description written by a customer because many customers don't bother to think about being extremely careful with their wording etc. I think what the guy who wrote that was trying to say was that the collection came in a nice wooden case approximately the size of a shoe box (Not a "Shoe"! lol) and that each season is then within it's own case, and all five cases fit within the wooden box. (The box in the picture is probably just one of the Season cases??).

At the end of the day though, Amazon have a reputation for being as solid and trust worthy as PayPal these days and Never deal in fraudulent and/or pirated goods! Especially DVD's etc.! ;)

JediKnutt
April 6th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I just ordered 1-4. Thanks for the heads up. I'll return 1-3 to Sam's where they were 19.88 each.

sabbon
April 6th, 2009, 11:08 AM
That is true, however the very same pirated set I almost bought also turned up on amazon at one time. Notice that the set is NOT actually sold by Amazon, rather a user. All I am saying is, be very careful, as it has never been officially announced (as far as I know). The R2 boxset which I eventually bought was announced on here, and that was quite an obscure release. So I am certain that if a complete Atlantis boxset were to surface, it would be reported on here first.

Ugly Pig
April 7th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Amazon do not in any way what-so-ever deal in pirated goods! Never have, never will!

No, but other people who sell stuff through amazon - as is the case here - might. And in this case, do. Because this box set is an obvious bootleg if I ever saw one.

sabbon
April 7th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for backing me up Ugly. Weren't you one of the people who stopped me from buying the other bootleg set?

Ugly Pig
April 7th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Could be. I don't remember. :o

untitledkaos
April 7th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I broke down and Bought them

lightsyder
April 8th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Its for all 4 seasons

Looks like you only save $55 now. Total price is $129.49. I hope a legitimate box set does surface.

raduzhok
April 16th, 2009, 08:26 AM
does anyone know if and when they will release the complete series on dvd? Amazon has seasons 1-4 for $55 i'm thinking about buying them or should i wait

Having all the other seasons already, I just want S5 to complete the set. When is that going to be released in the US?

Hermiiod
April 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Yes, that's a good price. I bought all seasons 1-10 of SG1 for $10 each brand new from a retail store (Shopko to be precise) the day after Thanksgiving last year. Now that's a steal!

Hermiiod
April 16th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Having all the other seasons already, I just want S5 to complete the set. When is that going to be released in the US?
June 30th 2009 :)

padr49904
April 16th, 2009, 08:19 PM
the 4 seasons on amazon is now 88$, good job to the people that bought it when it was 55.