NASA's Orion spacecraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NASA's Orion spacecraft

I saw the mock up model of the Orion spacecaft on TV last night.With lot of happy little kid looking at it
    It is the type of spacecraft that will use to explore moon and probably Mars.

Well i am happy by the latest development.
    But may be Stargate and other Sci fi show , i am not as excited as the little kid on TV.

Going backward from Reuseable craft like SpaceShuttle to space capsule base on the Apollo program .

SGA 's Ancient ship Orion was cool ,then look at NASA's Orion spacecraft.

I hope there is another Reuseable space craft in my life time

it's okay but it is real crapy compared to the original project orion that the US military proplosed, Nuclear pulse drive powered warship.
    sigpic
    Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
    STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Well, they were forced to reinvent the Apollo mission technology. After the Apollo missions were finished, a lot of the knowledge of how they did it was lost. Which was convenient because they were told they would only receive funding to have one operational vessel design at a time and they needed a shuttle.

Comment

just think about what will happen when the stargate goes public in the stargate universe. i mean no more riding into space ontop of a rocket but instead exploring mars using a deadalus class ship and beaming technology.

also when it does go public, the multi billion dollar international space station that can hold just 6 people will look like a piece of crap compared to a midway station like station capable of holding dozens of people.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
          I saw the mock up model of the Orion spacecaft on TV last night.With lot of happy little kid looking at it
          It is the type of spacecraft that will use to explore moon and probably Mars.

Well i am happy by the latest development.
          But may be Stargate and other Sci fi show , i am not as excited as the little kid on TV.

Going backward from Reuseable craft like SpaceShuttle to space capsule base on the Apollo program .

SGA 's Ancient ship Orion was cool ,then look at NASA's Orion spacecraft.

I hope there is another Reuseable space craft in my life time
          Its kind of hard to compare ship like The Orion that is complete fiction to a real world ship. There were many reason for scrubing the shuttleprogram, infact we are the only ones who use them. The Russians use reusable capsules and so will we.
          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
            Its kind of hard to compare ship like The Orion that is complete fiction to a real world ship. There were many reason for scrubing the shuttleprogram, infact we are the only ones who use them. The Russians use reusable capsules and so will we.
            It's too bad NASA sabotoged the Delta Clipper program.

Comment

Unfortuantly NASA is littered with failed space crafts.
              Most cancel due the fact each administration like to have there own vision for Nasa an with little competition there nothing to keep them on the straight and narrow on a single project.

We need someone new, to come in revolutionise the launch industry, or the American companies such as boeing or Lockheed as they are alright in keeping the status que or there main goal is military rocket developments like the iranis, chinese and indians, who space programe is nothing more than an extension of there military.

I believe any future reusable vehicle will probably come from a country like Britain with the e Skylon space plane or the European space agency, but they are control by the French and the Italians who both have invested hugely in non reusable rocket technology over years.
              It will most likely come a private company, but some billionaire who sole interest is to live his dream of flying into space.
              Last edited by knowles2; 03 April 2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                just think about what will happen when the stargate goes public in the stargate universe. i mean no more riding into space ontop of a rocket but instead exploring mars using a deadalus class ship and beaming technology.

also when it does go public, the multi billion dollar international space station that can hold just 6 people will look like a piece of crap compared to a midway station like station capable of holding dozens of people.
                Ah, but your forgetting the initial chaos that will follow after the world is told about the stargtae. What they should do is let small groups of people find out about it every now and then. Give it 10 years and everybody will know about it.
                Some say that he has only one ear.
                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                All we know is he's called
                sigpic

Comment

"It will most likely come a private company, but some billionaire who sole interest is to live his dream of flying into space."
                  That's my plan, except maybe a bit more ambitious.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Fifth.Race View Post
                    "It will most likely come a private company, but some billionaire who sole interest is to live his dream of flying into space."
                    A fleet of delta clippers could be built by someone like Bill Gates.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                      Ah, but your forgetting the initial chaos that will follow after the world is told about the stargtae. What they should do is let small groups of people find out about it every now and then. Give it 10 years and everybody will know about it.
                      there wont really be any chaos because before when weve seen it revealed or talked about it it was when there was the big possibility that aliens were about to destroy us but thats not the case anymore since we have technology far superior to our enemys.

it would be like the governments of all countries going on TV saying that they found life on pluto and they were very hostile but weve since developed technology that will destroy them. would you be that concerned? i wouldnt.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I wish the Venture Star had never been canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Fifth.Race View Post
                          Some billionair in Nevada had already put a private space station moduel into orbit. e plans to have commercial space flight in the next 20 years i think
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Working...
                          X