This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pitch and orientation...

why is it in sci fi ships always have the same pitch and orientation. its like they're in cars all levelled off on the same plane...

just once i'd like to see two ships meet each other at odd angles... and then argue about who should level up with who...

artificial gravity only works when your orientation is galactic north as up obvi.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

I've often asked myself the same question. The few exceptions really do catch your eye, though!
      sigpic

Comment

I guess the CGI or producers on these shows think that it makes a shot more visually appealing and they're sort of right. It may not be realistic but we don't have any real-life space battles for comparison... YET.
        Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
        Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Cos they guys on the bridge want to look at the guys on the other bridge directly in the eye without hurting their necks looking at funny angles.

Comment

Working...
          X