Matter Converter in Unending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matter Converter in Unending?

What could it create? Did it have any limits? Cause I was wondering if Carter could of just made another ZPM.
    sigpic

If the design wasn't in the database and Carter didn't know how to make one, then no, it couldn't make one. Also, creating one would probably require more power than the Asgard Computer Core and the on-board ZPM had.

Comment

I guess Carter is smarter than I thought...she knows how to make Tretonin, she can even make a freaking Cello. lol
      sigpic

Comment

Man, I wouldn't mind having one of those for myself.

Comment

Yeah, it would be awesome wouldn't it?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
            What could it create? Did it have any limits? Cause I was wondering if Carter could of just made another ZPM.
            Probably not since the ZPM is a self-contained subregion of space and it's hard to create that with a matter converter.

Other that it would a lot, and I truly mean a lot, of energy to make a ZPM. I seriously doubt the ship would have that kind of power available.

Plus, had she been able to create ZPMs then Atlantis would've had it way too easy and she simply had to create a ZPM to power the shields when the Ori beam hit them.

What it can create? Probably every form of matter it has access to the design to, from a cello to food to plants.
            Signed,

Gregorius
            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I am pretty sure it did have its limitations. Everything does. And even if it could make a ZPM would you want them to. It would make the escape to easy and ruin the story.
              Some say that he has only one ear.
              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
              All we know is he's called
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I knew it would be way over powered if it could create anything and I agree it would of ruined the story.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X