• Show
Clear All

Resin Model of Atlantis On Ebay!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stargate-Atlanti...3%3A2|294%3A50
    sigpic

Bit small for $35... Shrinkage?

Comment

Sweet.

It's a good start; hopefully someday someone will build a bigger one.

Comment

For those of you who wanted one and did not get the one on ebay, here is the link to the production site:

http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~ddww...elKits.html#t1
        sigpic

Comment

Its innaccurate.

And no paintwork. Its not hard to paint a resin model. I wish model companies would realize that.
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
            Its innaccurate.

And no paintwork. Its not hard to paint a resin model. I wish model companies would realize that.
            Those aren't companies, they are just people who cast them and sell them for $5 less than if it was painted. Each month they could probably pump out 100-200 unpainted or 50 painted, since it's not their primary jobs they probably just look for the quick buck.

That looks like a poor representation of Atlantis, I can't even see the main tower.

Comment

At just over 4 inches across and at TWO per order you're paying about $11 US for each one.

Not bad really.

Comment

jeez it doesn't look like it costs much to make them and you have to pay 11 each, dang. I will still probably buy one though lol
                sigpic

Comment

That looks cool!

Comment

Once I see what my paycheck looks like I might be picking up a set.

It's either this or River Songs Sonic Screw Driver this payday.

Comment

Yeah I bought a set from them. Coming from Australia though so it's going to be a couple of weeks before they arrive.

And just a heads up, ArmouryHobbies is working on an Aurora class model slated for a May release.

Comment

Working...
                      X