Rewatching Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewatching Season 5

I'm a little bored and suffering from insomnia at the moment so I was surfing around and landed here.

My question to you all is this: Have any of you been rewatching Season 5? And if so what are your thoughts seeing it all happen again? Obviously you would have needed to record it in some fashion.

I honestly have no desire to watch it again. I will buy the DVDs simply because I am freakin' sucker for Stargate, but I feel as though it is only taking up space on my Tivo at the moment. I can't decide if I should delete it or keep it.

So yeah, share your thoughts.

I wouldn't watch it again any time soon... I would let some time pass over it. Won't buy the DVD's when they come out in the fall probably, like last year (non-US here).

I don't care much for season 5.

And I have already rewatched every episode a minimum of at least 3 to 4 times... I'm pretty much OD'ing on this stuff, and not in a good way... More the kind where you die.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mlarke View Post
      I'm a little bored and suffering from insomnia at the moment so I was surfing around and landed here.

My question to you all is this: Have any of you been rewatching Season 5? And if so what are your thoughts seeing it all happen again? Obviously you would have needed to record it in some fashion.

I honestly have no desire to watch it again. I will buy the DVDs simply because I am freakin' sucker for Stargate, but I feel as though it is only taking up space on my Tivo at the moment. I can't decide if I should delete it or keep it.

Why are you suffering from insomnia at 8:30 in the evening (I live in Michigan too)?

No I haven't been rewatching S5. Toom my RL going on. That said experence has taught me shows are better the 2nd time. After you know the plot a person can see the subilities in a show.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        After you know the plot a person can see the subilities in a show.
        More time to look at stuff in the background...

Comment

I have been rewatching more eps from Season 3 and 4. Once I get my new car, I'll be doing more cruising and enjoying the nice warm weather. So my presence on the forum shall be limited.........stop cheering Jel.

When the Season 5 DVD comes out I'll rewatch Season 5. It still is sad that the show ended before it's time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Why are you suffering from insomnia at 8:30 in the evening (I live in Michigan too)?

No I haven't been rewatching S5. Toom my RL going on. That said experence has taught me shows are better the 2nd time. After you know the plot a person can see the subilities in a show.
            i have to wake up at 2 am to be at work by 3 this morning. so i have to be in bed pretty early. this guy really needs his beauty sleep.

Comment

I am in the middle of re watching it and it is just as good as the first time.

Comment

I've seen most eps about 3 times but haven't sat down and re watched them yet but I will as soon as I get to that season. I'm rewatching both SG-1 and SGA from the beginning in order. Season 5 was a great season and finale to SGA so I will definitely re watch it.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

i have to wake up at 2 am to be at work by 3 this morning. so i have to be in bed pretty early. this guy really needs his beauty sleep.
                  Ah third shift jobs I remember them well.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Since my posts were deleted in the other thread... I really enjoyed season 5. I rewatch some of the eps on Hulu. It was great seeing Woosley grow from stern by the books bureaucrat to a leader who trusted those around him. We also got to see a lot more of Todd which was awesome. Not to mention Daniel and the Pegasus Asgard, those guys could have made awesome villains if the show hadn't gotten canceled. I also really wanted to see the other technologically advanced races that replicator Weir mentioned. Not to mention the Genii betrayal plot they were working on. I mean yeah sure season 5 had a couple eps that sucked, but I don't know any season of any TV show that doesn't have a few bad eps.

Comment

Nope I am not rewatching season 5 and I don't plan to any time soon. Most of it was bad, very bad IMO and I am not wasting my time watching eps I don't like which was over half of S5 when there are other better shows on that I could be watching
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking most of the people who are claiming S5 was "very bad" haven't seen the first season of SG-1 while there were a few gems here and there but that season was HORRIBLE. I mean really how do you get worse then
                        Emancipation, The Broca Divide, The First Commandment, Cold Lazarus, Brief Candle, Hathor, Fire and Water, Cor Ai, Singularity, Solitudes, and Politics. Now don't get me wrong Childern of the gods, There but for the Grace of God, and Within the Serpants grasp were fantastic AAA eps to me, but the crap to good ratio in season 1 of SG-1 was surely in favor of the crap. I mean don't get me wrong I love SG-1 but season 1 was not the highlight of the show.

Now with S5 of Atlantis, sure there were a couple bad eps like Identity, Infection, and Inquisition, but there were a ton of awesome eps like Enemy at the Gate, Vegas, First Contact, The Lost Tribe, The Queen, and The Shrine.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
                          I'm thinking most of the people who are claiming S5 was "very bad" haven't seen the first season of SG-1 while there were a few gems here and there but that season was HORRIBLE. I mean really how do you get worse then
                          Emancipation, The Broca Divide, The First Commandment, Cold Lazarus, Brief Candle, Hathor, Fire and Water, Cor Ai, Singularity, Solitudes, and Politics. Now don't get me wrong Childern of the gods, There but for the Grace of God, and Within the Serpants grasp were fantastic AAA eps to me, but the crap to good ratio in season 1 of SG-1 was surely in favor of the crap. I mean don't get me wrong I love SG-1 but season 1 was not the highlight of the show.

Now with S5 of Atlantis, sure there were a couple bad eps like Identity, Infection, and Inquisition, but there were a ton of awesome eps like Enemy at the Gate, Vegas, First Contact, The Lost Tribe, The Queen, and The Shrine.
                          Sure S1 was a bit cheesy but it was still quite enjoyable to watch, the same can't be said for most of S5 of Atlantis. There were a lot of bad eps.

Ghost in the machine
                          The shrine
                          Whispers
                          The lost tribe
                          Inquisition
                          Brain storm
                          Identity
                          Vegas

Those were all bad eps for me, so yes S5 was a bad season.....For me. Not everyone likes all the same eps so what one person likes doesn't necessarily mean everyone will like it
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Sure S1 was a bit cheesy but it was still quite enjoyable to watch, the same can't be said for most of S5 of Atlantis. There were a lot of bad eps.

Ghost in the machine
                            The shrine
                            Whispers
                            The lost tribe
                            Inquisition
                            Brain storm
                            Identity
                            Vegas

Those were all bad eps for me, so yes S5 was a bad season.....For me. Not everyone likes all the same eps so what one person likes doesn't necessarily mean everyone will like it
                            Perhaps but not liking something doesn't make it horrible. I mean I don't like BSG or most of DS9, but at the same time I can recognize that they are quality shows they are just not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
                              I'm thinking most of the people who are claiming S5 was "very bad" haven't seen the first season of SG-1 while there were a few gems here and there but that season was HORRIBLE.
                              Lucky for me you just think that...

Comment

Working...
                              X