This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperion Cantos Movie Thread

with the recent announcement that Dan Simmons' "Hyperion Cantos" has found a writer and director (Trevor Sands and Scott Derrickson (The Day the Earth Stood Still) respectively) i thought i should make a thread which will probably die until more news is announced, but here it is!.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Sound good, it seems there lots of space movies coming out over the next couple of years.

Any word on the other two books being produce as a film.

Comment

from what i gather (if it is still the case) this movie is a reworking of the 2 hyperion books done by DS specifically for turning into a movie, but instead of all the pilgrimage people, it will have Raul and Aenea instead (not sure how it will work) in the hope that if it was successfull, the Endymion books could be made into movies too. WB own the rights to all 4 books and the short story sequal. so... fingers crossed

http://www.dansimmons.com/news/news_items.htm#film
      “The original idea that sold the film – or franchise of films -- was based on a treatment I wrote and it was pitched and presented by two able young screenwriters. In that approach, I had deconstructed all four of the Hyperion novels so that the messiah-character of Aenea and her lover and protector Raul Endymion would have a presence in all of the films, including the first one – Hyperion. Their love story would be the continuous thread that would connect the three or four films of a Hyperion Cantos movie franchise.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X