PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Invent New Technology...

TechnoWraith
December 4th, 2004, 06:20 PM
I have an interesting question for you all:

If you could invent some sort of new technology for use in the Stargate Universe (both SG-1 and Atlantis), what would you create? Would it be a new weapon? A power source? A defensive mechanism of some sort? Or even a new technology for travel?

The technology can be whatever you want, for whatever race you want. Be a little descriptive and try to explain how your technology works. If your technology is implemented through a device of some sort, a brief description of the device is optional, but not required. I'm sure there are a lot of creative minds out here in GateWorld. Let's see what we can come up with. :)

I'll get the ball rolling.

HyperSpace Folding Drive: This technology is a method of interstellar space travel. The Hyperspace Folding Drive is a radical new Hyperspace Drive system that could make traversing the galaxies much quicker and faster. The basic theory beind the HyerSpace Folding Drive is pretty simple:
Take a sheet of paper and mark two dots on opposite ends of the paper. Imagine you are piloting a ship at one of the dots (say the dot on the left hand side of the paper). You want to pilot your ship to the dot on the right hand side of the paper. Traditional HyperSpace drives create a hyperspace window that allows the ship to travel much faster than the speed of light. (Imagine a hyperspace window by drawing a line between the two dots on the paper). The HyperSpace Folding Drive changes the very nature of hyperspace travel: Now fold the piece paper so that the left and right hand dots meet. "Move" your ship from the left hand dot to the right hand dot. Now unfold the paper. Your ship has traversed the entire sheet of paper! This type of Hyperspace drive requires an immense amount of energy, (Naquadria would be a good candidate for providing this power, but Zero-Point Modules could also be a good power source for the Hyperspace Folding Drive). This technology carries some inherent risk: manipulating the very fabric of hyperspace and the time-space itself to achieve the "folding" element could be disastrous if something went wrong. To traverse great distances, the drive would create multiple "fold-windows" (imagine folding and unfolding the sheet of paper repeatedly,"moving" your ship as described above). This would make travel safer, as over-extended "fold-windows" could become unstable. Any race could employ this technology, as long it was advanced enough to create a safe and effective Hyperspace Folding Drive.

Jprime
December 4th, 2004, 06:31 PM
HAHAHAH! The Tollan beat you to it! Ever seen 'Enigma'?

I'd probably make some sort of camouflage suit that could allow you to assume another person's physical appearance or blend you into the surroundings.

Daniel's_twin
December 4th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Hey, this is cool! Ok, here's my idea.

Planetary wormhole device: OK, instead of transporter beams, you would use this to travel from place to place on a planet. It fits onto an armband, and has a small screen on it in the top right-hand corner. Next to it, is a series of numbers, rather like a telephone with symbols underneath to separate latitude, longitude and sea level. Find where you need to go on a map by checking out its exact latitude/longitude degrees then figure out how high to go determined by sea level. After you've put in the coordinates, press an 'on' button to activate the wormhole, which will automatically materialize before you, just far enough away so that the person will not be disintigrated by the splash that would result. Many people can go through, and the wormhole only really shuts down after the hand device goes through as well. The device will not activate, however, if the coordinates are unsafe. i.e; you try to gate into the heart of a mountain.

I know this isn't exactly scientifically sound, but I use it a lot in my fanfic, so it's kind of cool. :cool:

Erik Pasternak
December 4th, 2004, 06:38 PM

I'd probably make some sort of camouflage suit that could allow you to assume another person's physical appearance or blend you into the surroundings. HAHAHA! The Foothold aliens beat you to it? Ever seen "Foothold?" J/K

Seriously, I'd invent the Star Trek replicator. I could end world hunger, possibly end disease by creating more and more vaccines (no problems with a shortage of flu vaccine) and it would be really cool too.

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
December 4th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Yeah, but the "Foothold" aliens already did that, didn't they :D

Hmm...I'd say...

An implant made out of maybe naquadah that looks like a thin silver wire implanted on the skin of the temple and forehead, next to the right eye. It would look something like Chakotay (ST:Voyager)'s tattoo. It would allow whoever had it implanted to control Ancient devices thought-quick just by thinking it. Like a link directly to the Ancient device. Imagine, they could have one person dedicated to that, that would be like the avatar for Atlantis. For example, say Weir has the implant and she can "feel" the city...

roswellgray
December 4th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Iconian style gateways or my theory on the 9th chevron and puddlejumpers or a way to make every asian eyed beauty on the planet worship and love me :)

Nathan
December 4th, 2004, 06:45 PM
New tech? No but I wish the Area-51 geniuses would get their hands on the personal shields the Goauld use and modify them for use by SG1

TechnoWraith
December 4th, 2004, 06:46 PM

I'd probably make some sort of camouflage suit that could allow you to assume another person's physical appearance or blend you into the surroundings.

I realized that after I posted the original post to start the new thread. So I changed the first post's technology to "Hyperspace Folding Drive." :D

Daniel's_twin
December 4th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Pretty neat. And you could make a nice little bomb if worst came to worst in a fight.

What? Just a thought... :cool:

alz0rz
December 4th, 2004, 06:54 PM
New tech? No but I wish the Area-51 geniuses would get their hands on the personal shields the Goauld use and modify them for use by SG1
'

yeah seriously.. i dont understand how we can understand a hyperdrive and not be able to modify a simple goa'uld shield to work for us :S

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
December 4th, 2004, 06:56 PM
It would make it too safe for SG teams to go out there. There's no point in sending people offworld if they're all actually gonna make it back alive.

Seriously!

:D

Manic
December 4th, 2004, 07:22 PM
I'd create the ultimate mobile phone-- one that communicates by thought. You dial with a wrist-dialer (a watch with a phone pad on it) and place an earpiece in your ear. You don't have to actually speak into anything, but every word you say aloud would give off a signal to send your thoughts through the earpiece to the receiving earpiece. Basically, the other guy can hear everything you say aloud, only mentally. That way, you don't have to worry about someone else overhearing your walkie-talkie conversations.

I'd also like one of those personal shield devices McKay found in Atlantis, only with a definiable off-button.

Also, a Wrist-DHD. I know it's been done before, but wouldn't it be great if SG-1 had one of those in case of emergency?

A zat with a stun setting, you don't have to worry about the old "two shots kill" rule.

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
December 4th, 2004, 07:36 PM
but someone could hear you talk to the other person. The only way to keep it private would be to send thoughts directly, without saying them aloud. but then...:

Carter *thought* Sir, I spotted two Jaffa over that rise
O'Neill *Thought* I see them, major. Go there and try to take them down. Quietly.

Sam walks up a rise

O'Neill *thinking* Damn she has a fine ass.
Carter *Thought* SIR!
Daniel *Thought* JACK!
Teal'c *thought* O'Neill

O'Neill: oops

:D:D:D

Jprime
December 4th, 2004, 07:51 PM
HAHAHA! The Foothold aliens beat you to it? Ever seen "Foothold?" J/K

Seriously, I'd invent the Star Trek replicator. I could end world hunger, possibly end disease by creating more and more vaccines (no problems with a shortage of flu vaccine) and it would be really cool too.

Actually the Foothold aliens couldnt't camouflage could they? And they needed to keep the real people hooked up to thier lobster-shell gizmos at all times.

Dotus5
December 4th, 2004, 09:49 PM
JPrime, what's you sig mean?

Jarnin
December 4th, 2004, 10:22 PM
The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. Saving Earth by killing ourselves off!

Actually the Foothold aliens couldnt't camouflage could they?They were the ones that brought us the mimic devices, which is why they're sometimes called the mimimic aliens. The mimic devices were programed to allow someone to take on the appearence of another person, but once programmed they couldn't be changed.

Erik Pasternak
December 4th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Actually the Foothold aliens couldnt't camouflage could they? And they needed to keep the real people hooked up to thier lobster-shell gizmos at all times.
Then how'd they do it in "Smoke and Mirrors?"

Zamboni
December 4th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Ooh ooh I know!!! They should invent an Universal Translator... This way everyone on every planet of every race would speak English!

Wait, they already speak English... Damn...

You know what they should *really* invent? A toilet that automatically puts the seat cover down so men like me don't get *****ed by our gfs... Oh and the self-refilling toilet paper roll thingy too. Come to think of it, does Atlantis have more advanced washroom technology? Or do they still use toilet paper? Hmm... Why do I keep thinking about toilets? Maybe it's time to take a dump...

Jarnin
December 4th, 2004, 11:42 PM
You know what they should *really* invent? A toilet that automatically puts the seat cover down so men like me don't get *****ed by our gfs...
I like to put the seat and the cover down, because it forces the women to lift the seat, so we're even. The burden of seat placement shouldn't be a male dominated activity :D

Hatusu
December 5th, 2004, 12:08 AM
A sound wave modification device that could be aimed accurately. Then the next time a pompous Goau'ld says, "Bow down to your God!" O'Neill could aim it at him and he'd sound like Mickey Mouse. :D

Zamboni
December 5th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Replicator based Lego Pirate Ship model... Oh yeah...

Jarnin
December 5th, 2004, 01:10 AM
A sound wave modification device that could be aimed accurately. Then the next time a pompous Goau'ld says, "Bow down to your God!" O'Neill could aim it at him and he'd sound like Mickey Mouse.
How about a sound wave modification device combined with a hologram projector, so he can sound like Mickey Mouse as well as look like him?

http://www.stitchability.co.uk/mickey%20mouse%20tapestry.jpeg

"BOW TO YOUR GOD!"

Hatusu
December 5th, 2004, 01:20 AM
How about a sound wave modification device combined with a hologram projector, so he can sound like Mickey Mouse as well as look like him?

http://www.stitchability.co.uk/mickey%20mouse%20tapestry.jpeg

"BOW TO YOUR GOD!"LOL. I just look at that and laugh!:D

I just realized that I'll never be able to look at Mickey again without having a "Stargate moment". See thread by that title.

Ancients Rising
December 5th, 2004, 03:06 AM
A power source greater than a ZPM

That would give anyone who had the ability to build it a huge advantage.

aAnubiSs
December 5th, 2004, 06:11 AM
Neutronium/Anti-Neutronium reactor(Real neutronium, not the Asgard kind.) (Anti-Particle beams. Still haven't seen any kind of M/AM-technology in SG1/SGA.)

Hyperspace-beam weapon (Everything it touches goes to hyperspace)

Molecular beam (breaks the bond between molecules, making it very easy to cut through stuff)

hyperspeed-missiles. Launched from a ship which are targetted on a enemy vessel. Launched into hyperspace from the ship, the missile only maintains the window.

Element-manipulator. Able to rearrange p+,e-,n into any base element, mineral, molecule. Basicly a more advanced version of the StarTrek Replicator.

I have another two billion ideas, all supposed to be used in my own Stargate-universe.

AzMcNeil
December 6th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Yeah, but the "Foothold" aliens already did that, didn't they :D

Hmm...I'd say...

An implant made out of maybe naquadah that looks like a thin silver wire implanted on the skin of the temple and forehead, next to the right eye. It would look something like Chakotay (ST:Voyager)'s tattoo. It would allow whoever had it implanted to control Ancient devices thought-quick just by thinking it. Like a link directly to the Ancient device. Imagine, they could have one person dedicated to that, that would be like the avatar for Atlantis. For example, say Weir has the implant and she can "feel" the city...

Keep in mind that that in order to use "Ancient" technology you have to have the ancient's gene. Naquadah would be used for operating goauld technology...other than that nice idea...I want one! :D

lantesh
December 6th, 2004, 11:54 AM
i'd make an asgard gun it turn whatever it shot into dust

i'd also make a third shot zat'nickatel grenade that dissintegrated what ever was in the blast wave

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
December 10th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Keep in mind that that in order to use "Ancient" technology you have to have the ancient's gene. Naquadah would be used for operating goauld technology...other than that nice idea...I want one! :D

Well, the Ancients used Naquadah too. In fact that's probably were the Goa'uld got the idea. So the implant could very well be made of Naquadah. As for the Ancient gene, yeah, the avatar person would need the gene. Does anybody know if Liz's had the ATA gene injected and rejected it or something? We can always have McKay as the Atlantis Avatar but I'd think that would be darn scary :D

Daniel's_twin
December 11th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Very darn scary. He'd try to blow up anyone who did not agree he was the smartest guy the the galaxy. (Pegasus galaxy) :cool:

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
July 31st, 2005, 09:42 AM
Very darn scary. He'd try to blow up anyone who did not agree he was the smartest guy the the galaxy. (Pegasus galaxy) :cool:

Not to mention that he would know what everyone in the city did and said all the time. I'm not sure I would want Rodney being able to spy on my under my nifty Ancient shower ;D

Osiris-RA
July 31st, 2005, 10:09 AM
A sound wave modification device that could be aimed accurately. Then the next time a pompous Goau'ld says, "Bow down to your God!" O'Neill could aim it at him and he'd sound like Mickey Mouse.
ROFLMAO!!!!

"Hiya Gang! Bow before your god!" ROFL!!!

My device that will take the future by wave.

The Automatic Nincompoop detector/eliminator: This WunderKind of the technological age will automatically scan a person or person's - no matter what species - and upon finding nincompoop electron waves upon the subject, deliver a wave of de-nincompoop-ifying micro-electricity particles into the subjects nueral passageways, targeting the protein that creates nincompoops out of respectable people and eradicate it. The person will be saved from a life of nincompoop-dom and you will be spared the agony of having to be bombarded by all those negative nincompoop waves!

This works especially well if a loved one has a chronic habit of taking the last peice of pie, driving like a madman/woman, going into fits because there's no more organic tofu on the shelf and you didn't want it anyway, and other annoying nincompoop like habits. :D

Loaf
July 31st, 2005, 10:44 AM
I'd build my self a puddle jumper to get to work an i time machine so i could go back in time an write books on my travels :D

T_S
July 31st, 2005, 11:03 AM
Well, here's my insane contribution ...

Self-replicating, symbiotic exoskeleton: Using Replicator technology, I'd try creating an exoskeleton that can expand one's physical abilities and resistance (including space-worthiness), as well as providing faster thinking abilities. The device would be able to regenerate itself, heal the subject (replicator blocks can probably be reprogrammed to emulate Goa'uld healing devices, or even sarcophagi), and would interface directly with the subject's mind. The exoskeleton would of course have a "mind" of its own, but both the wearer's and the exoskeleton's minds would be merged. Oh, and of course, the exoskeleton would be able to provide weapons as well as "feeding" itself from raw materials.

Besides, if the exo's quite large, why not include hyperspace drives and heavy shield generators? (who said an exoskeleton couldn't be the size of a Ha'tak?! :D)

Seastallion
July 31st, 2005, 11:24 AM
Well, obviously the SGC has some understanding of repulsor technology, otherwise the Prometheus and the Daedalus wouldn't be able to hover in the air close to a planet like they do. That said, I'd make something similar to the 'Star Wars' speeders or speeder-bikes for the SG teams to use to reconnoiter alien planets more quickly. They wouldn't have to worry about the roughness of the terrain, and would be able to move quickly regardless. They could arm it with the 'heavy' Goa'uld blast cannon that someone could use against a heavily armed enemy. They'd also be able to move quickly if they needed to. I'd also install (if possible) an on-board remote DHD so that they could dial while on the run. Meaning they wouldn't have to stop to dial the gate, and they could simply keep running at full speed through the gate, in case of enemy pursuit.

That would be cool... :D

SP90
July 31st, 2005, 11:51 AM
I think someone mentioned the Star Trek replicator. That is an awesome piece of technology. You would never have to worry about bringing enough food, spare parts, ammo or toilet paper again!

Personally, I'll try to find a way to make those death glider cannons fire faster, like M61A1 fast. Mount that on the F-302 as a secondary weapon or on the battleships as CIWS.

cozzerob
July 31st, 2005, 12:14 PM
I would want to develop a personal shield type of device, however this device would allow you to become invisible and allow you to pass through solid matter while shielding youfrom attacks (bullets might pass through you but the ree'tou TERs would prob kill you without a shield. Also, the ability to be more chamelion like/fly would be a cool feature (and really quite necessary if you can pass through solid matter...).

Infact, a device that allows you to fly would be cool enough on its own.

Another idea i had was a device that simulated naquada in the blood so that goa'uld tech could be used by anybody (obviously this device would need naquada in it cos things like the hand device need the naquada to function, in addition to ensuring that the person is or was a goa'uld/tok'ra.

Loaf
July 31st, 2005, 12:19 PM
i could use cloaking phase an sheilding divice to observe history with out affecting the timeline :D

~Thor~
July 31st, 2005, 03:08 PM
Unless someone walks into your shield. That could screw up timeline big time.

briguy213
July 31st, 2005, 03:09 PM
I would invent the non timeline screwing up time machine :)

JanusAncient
July 31st, 2005, 04:56 PM
Planetary Stargates, capable of transporting planets, to a new galaxy.

A dark city, like Atlantis, with phase-shifting drone weapons.

Babylon 5, a transport device, capable of sending an armada, to a distant part of the universe, remember "The Hand."

A soulmate detector, so you can bypass all of this crap, and quickly locate the person you're meant to be with, seriously, who likes dating?

Erik Pasternak
July 31st, 2005, 09:52 PM
Well, I would invent something that would make me rich enough so that I never had to work again (and make me rich enough so that my friends could do the same).

Heru'urs_first_prime
August 1st, 2005, 03:03 AM
a mini poket Stargate that opens up to be big enough for a man to go through! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Loaf
August 1st, 2005, 03:38 AM
i'd only use my sheild divice in the past if the cloak an phase shifting divice failed

Heru'urs_first_prime
August 1st, 2005, 06:04 AM
id need a poket DHD for my pocket stargate..............it could be my watch!

Loaf
August 1st, 2005, 12:47 PM
a palm pilot life sign detector from atlantis

Eoin
August 1st, 2005, 04:08 PM
hmm..what would i invent....AHA! bug free microsoft windows and all ms products... :p :rolleyes:

ok seriously what would i invent...Hmmm..........

OK i got it..id invent

1. A playstation 50
2. Virtual Reality, like the one in the ep avatar (i think that was the ep)
3. Anti-gravity shoes
4. A creativity implant for my brain so i could come up with better things for situations like this :o :p

A dream catcher so i no what im dreaming about, it would record my dreams as i see them while im asleep(you could then watch your dreams on the Vr im gonna invent) and they would be password protected and you would need my fingerprint to access the dreams for extra protection(afterall dreams are private) unless i granted someone permission to watch one of them (you are gonna have some funny dreams or funny nightmares, well the nightmares mightent be funny while your dreaming them),but anyway hasnt anyone ever been curious of what they dream of?

ok now im finished ranting on about my wierd dream catcher :p
Ok i just read over my post and im confused :confused:
I should think of inventing No. 4 on my list first...lol :)

_Owen_
August 1st, 2005, 05:53 PM
Hmm, this is a tough question, I would have to say, I would invent, ooh, everything. lol, really, there are so many things, I could never pick one, and I don't think the character allotment per post is large enough to type it all!

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 2nd, 2005, 04:18 AM
i would invent a sister killing machine or at least something similar and a less restricting space suit.My god wouldnt that help.

Loaf
August 2nd, 2005, 06:10 AM
thats the first thing i intend to do is erase my sister from history my life would have been so much easier :D

And give my younger self an internal brain implant so i'd be better at everything when i was at school

nimitz
August 2nd, 2005, 06:24 AM
great minds think alike i guess.

MarshAngel
August 2nd, 2005, 08:27 AM
I would invent an energy draining device/shield that directs weapons fire into buffers or some such and makes the shield stronger everytime it's fired upon. I'd also make mini replicator styled versions that spread out like mines in space seeming harmless until they'd attach themselves to a ship/shield and drain it of power. Every attempt to get rid of them makes them stronger until they build up enough power and then explode... maybe they'd also have tollan tech so they could pass through solid objects.

I'd also invent a Pocket-Porta-Potty for those dangerous missions when you can't take a bathroom break. You slip it into your pocket and it has mini transporter tech that zaps waste from your bladder and lower intestine and disintegrates it.

nimitz
August 2nd, 2005, 08:47 AM
The porta potty is a good idea but the first i think is impossible and the second one would be a waste of resources. Most of your mines would never be used.And you need over a trillion trillion mines in just the milky way.

SP90
August 2nd, 2005, 08:51 AM
I'd also invent a Pocket-Porta-Potty for those dangerous missions when you can't take a bathroom break. You slip it into your pocket and it has mini transporter tech that zaps waste from your bladder and lower intestine and disintegrates it.

Haha, nice! :D That'll be really useful for the astronauts working in spacesuits for 8 or 9 hours at a time.

SP90
August 2nd, 2005, 08:55 AM
The porta potty is a good idea but the first i think is impossible and the second one would be a waste of resources. Most of your mines would never be used.And you need over a trillion trillion mines in just the milky way.

Thats why you just mine the strategically important places like space lanes and choke points. Anywhere you expect the enemy to go across, not all over the galaxy. Thats like mining the entire Atlantic and Pacific Oceans just to prevent the Russian navy from putting to sea. :p

nimitz
August 2nd, 2005, 09:00 AM
But that would still be an increadibly large area.It would be better to just build ships which can fire them at the enemy.

SP90
August 2nd, 2005, 09:11 AM
You could also do that. What I would do is place them in orbit around my planet so that when the enemy comes, he has to pass thru the mines to get into weapons range to start his orbital bombardment. But he is never going to get the chance seeing how the mines will disable the ships before they knew what hit them. :D

MarshAngel
August 2nd, 2005, 11:24 AM
nimitz, I think you jumped the gun in assuming by "space" I meant the entire galaxy. Obviously that would be a waste of resources and quite obviously ridiculous since any unintended victim could run into them.

To clarify, just so there can be no misconstruing it this time. They would target a specific area and a specific ship or group of ships. Open your imagination a little bit more and you'd see that "replicator styled" also implies more control than a random space rock.

As for the mini transporter being impossible... so is my inventing anything at all since I couldn't even fix my watch if it broke, so do lighten up. Furthermore I don't think anything in the human imagination can be classified as impossible until it has actually been attempted or at the very least plotted out scientifically. In the same classification of impossible... imagine this, a ring made out of a super heavy but fairly harmless super conductive metal, that creates wormholes through subspace, disintegrates matter sends it to another planet and safely reintigrates and it just so happens to be several million years old and in perfect working condition, knows when to shut itself off, won't allow water to pass through, will survive a ginormous explosion that eradicates everything else.... yeah, I'm betting that's in the realm of "impossible" as well.

_Owen_
August 2nd, 2005, 12:08 PM
Oh, I would invent an infinite improbability drive, it is a highly flawed concept, but who cares. lol.

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 2nd, 2005, 12:10 PM
While i agree that in real life that could be possible but in the stargate universe we have only seen one thing similiar which is the kull warrior's armour which just absorbs the energy.I am sure the ancients would have built something like that because they seem to like things which last a long time.And current wormhole theory would use things that currently do not exist such as negative energy.And at the current moment it defintaly(sp?) is impossible. So yes the stargate is impossible.

_Owen_
August 2nd, 2005, 12:41 PM
Hey, this is Stargate! The gate is made of Naquadah and we don't have any that was naturaly part of Earth, and of course the Stargate is a secret so you wouldn't know that it exists! lol.

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 2nd, 2005, 01:40 PM
it wouldnt be a secret for long if it was in the uk.

_Owen_
August 2nd, 2005, 01:42 PM
Lol, well Hogwarts and the wizarding community have managed just fine!

Owen Macri

Salas1
August 13th, 2005, 06:37 AM
I would create a full planetary force shield and a power source to run it, also it would have biodome like functions so you would effectively be able to regulate weather patterns, ending world hunger, droughts etc by making land in certain places more farmable, also I would make it so the Earths average temp would stay at the same average temp as it was 50 years ago no matter how much CO2 was in the air, effectively preventing global warming. So along with protecting the Earth indefinitely from space attack, asteroids etc, It would make other countries better off, countries like England and America would be able to stop sending so many troops for aid reasons so would become richer, it could be powered by natural means such as using volcanoes and hot springs for energy like the biodome people were using them for their biodome, also using massive windfarms in all the Oceans as well as hydroelectricity generators underneath the surface where the windfarms are, we would also have the neutrino ion generators the Asgard use, one in every city/town, providing power for its own shield as well as the global one, so once the power is turned on it cannot be brought down by anyone except me, and maybe i would let carter control it as well. I would also have 1000 ZPM's for back up power should any of my other power sources show signs of running out or losing power.

_Owen_
August 15th, 2005, 09:56 PM
I almost forgot, I would create a Dyson Sphere. That would help out.

Owen Macri

captain keys
August 16th, 2005, 09:50 PM
i would invent a thing magiger that makes any kind of food like in startrek

Auralis
August 17th, 2005, 04:19 AM
Bigger stargates, to allow biger ships to travel through them, maybe as a kind of transport hub in a galaxy or important system.

A portable stargate generator, which creates a energie gate through which your SMALL ship can go and after its passed the gate disapears. like PJ creates Egate, goes thorugh and is home.

Modify asgard beam tech into a rapid fire weapon system. Of course i would have then something like Perry Rhodanverse Transformcannons, but still.

Ascended Times.2
August 17th, 2005, 04:28 AM
I'd make some damn energy weapons with scopes, are the technologicly advanced races really that proud of themselves? lol sorry if this seems stupid and/or said already.

captain keys
August 17th, 2005, 04:53 AM
i would want a minie gate like orlin made

Ascended Times.2
August 17th, 2005, 04:58 AM
I'd invent the portable sub-space rip.
You'd turn it on and the generator would open a port in subspace sucking anything within a 500m distance into it and sending them stuck in subspace, dead most presumebly...
I have NOOO idea how i'd do this, but it's be like a blackhole generator, exept more controlled. And able to be shut down...

captain keys
August 17th, 2005, 05:05 AM
that sounds cool id reenvint the personal sheild that mckay had stuck to him self

Ascended Times.2
August 17th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Hm, what'd be better about it? lasts longer? only your DNA can pass through it? not even Ascended beings can pass through it?? (For that last one to work you'd have to know everything about everything i'm thinking..) Hm...Nice idea though :)

I've thought of another piece of technology,
Soundwave generator, a ground weapon, something that sounds massive sound wave hurtling in a 20m wide circle towards the target, when it hits you, blow your eardrums to pieces and you bleed to death, a very slow and painful way to die, Although, this gun would probably require some pretty power energy sources powering it.

I'm not that well taught in the whole sound barrier thing, would you need to break it to crack your ear drums? would it just be pressure hitting you? is there a pount before breaking the sound barrier that can pop your eardrums instantly? Well, I gotta go to bed good night all :D

_Owen_
August 24th, 2005, 10:39 PM
i would invent a thing magiger that makes any kind of food like in startrek
A matter replicator. Yes, that would be a wonderful invention...

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 28th, 2005, 02:08 PM
i would invent a device that makes naquadria stable and a device that could sense youre mood ,so it would like turn on music if youre happy,turn on the tv if you feel like vegetating etc.

MarshAngel
August 28th, 2005, 02:15 PM
i would invent a device that makes naquadria stable and a device that could sense youre mood ,so it would like turn on music if youre happy,turn on the tv if you feel like vegetating etc.

That would be an invention as equally bad as it is good... much like a cell phone. Can't live with it, can't live without. You're happy it knows what you want but you're annoyed that it thinks it knows you better than you know yourself and the moment you get annoyed it changes... I think that would drive me insane :D

I would invent a terraforming machine, make mars habitable and then use a teleportation device, synched with my mind to zap people who annoy me there so they can build a new colony and annoy each other.
That's a very soothing thought.

aAnubiSs
August 28th, 2005, 03:12 PM
If I could invent new technology I'd create something that doesn't force one to exercise but still lose weight and build muscles. Kinda like those on TV-Shop but the real deal.

Thatwould help what, 50% of the US population, around 30% of the Swedish and I don't know the numbers of the rest of the world. It would also be perfect in rehabilitation of accident victims.

Ascended Times.2
August 28th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Hm...Let's hope that the US doesn't cut corners (assuming the US are the ones to assist you in mass producing this) and make it have horrible side effect..

Ok, one last invention from the Ascended times.2...
The Ultimate laser, a scope that can see anywhere on the field, and the ammo is compltely invisible. Like an actual real laser would be...and silent once again as it would be and a one hit kill wonder :) oh, and a fuel cell that makes the Zat life look like a Butterflys (about 24 hours if it's lucky)

nimitz
August 29th, 2005, 05:11 AM
If I could invent new technology I'd create something that doesn't force one to exercise but still lose weight and build muscles. Kinda like those on TV-Shop but the real deal.

Thatwould help what, 50% of the US population, around 30% of the Swedish and I don't know the numbers of the rest of the world. It would also be perfect in rehabilitation of accident victims.
I like that.Can i have on for free(im not fat honest).

Zekk
September 27th, 2005, 05:45 PM
The wristcomm
Functions:
DHD, it uses sinthetic holograms.
comm link, useing subspace to link to a computer anyware in a soalersystem.
shield, kinda like the one mckay used.
security interface, hacks in to any computer less advanced than Alterran
Holographic genorater, can generate weapons with unlimited rounds, of anything else you can think of :D
and thats it(Might upgrade)
sorry for misspells :o

walterIsTheMan
September 27th, 2005, 05:51 PM
id invent an intergalactic telephone so they could order pizza from atlantis.

how it works is the people in atlantis have one of those ancient communication devices from avalon and they also have one in the colorado springs pizza hut. both places have it hooked up to a phone. so if the atlantis team is hungry, they just call it up, and pizza hut delivers it to the sgc. the sgc(if they have a zpm) just dials up and tosses the pizza through. if its not there in 20 minutes they get half off :)

general ben
September 27th, 2005, 07:16 PM
first come up with a deep space sensor in real time that would reach through out the galaxy. Then have a beaming technology that could beam people, ships, supplies to anyway in the galaxy.

solar wind
September 27th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I'd make probably something to be downloaded into the computer dial up system at the SGC that would substitute the whining sound of the wormhole when you're traveling through it to music!
The music could be set for the type of mission the team was going on. and set the mood for it. Or the team could ask for a certain song (more like favorite part of a song) for their trip.
The next thing you know, they're asking Carter if it's possible to extend the time in the wormhole so they can listen to more music.
Ok I'm trying to think how it would work. Radio waves don't need converting when passing through the stargate so should maintain their properties of sound I'd think. It would need to be set on a higher frequency so that the sound waves move at bit ahead of the human passengers so that not just a single note is heard, or a sonic boom as they exit the gate. Ok it was just an idea, sorry if it sounds dumb.

Belerial
October 2nd, 2005, 04:35 PM
I'd invent shields that take you 'out of phase' so to say. For ships of course. It would basically make you impervious to anything, because your not 'there'. But you could still fire you weapons, some how. Basically, its like the imp's phase shift from world of warcraft.
-erik