This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flanigan on Cupid

This is a shot in the dark, but I'm curious to see if I'm the only Cupid fan in Stargate fandom. It was a short-lived but wonderful series starring Jeremy Piven as Cupid, who'd been banished to Earth and sentenced to unite 100 couples without use of his bow and arrow. One couple he matched were Claire (his shrink) and Alex (played by Joe Flanigan). I ended up really liking Alex in spite of the fact that he was an obstacle in the path of Claire/Cupid shipperdom. Stargate's PTB should have been taking notes on this as they handled Alex's story arc beautifully. Well, IMO.

I have a handful of eps on tape, including at least one that Joe is in, but I would absolutely LOVE to complete my set and I'm almost desperate enough to email Rob Thomas (exec producer) and ask him to send me copies.

I knew I remember seeing Flanigan somewhere on tv before, thanks for refreshing my memory. I never really got into the show that much. Just not my type of genre.
    I wanna die like my grandad, asleep, instead of screaming and yelling like the passengers in his taxi.

Comment

I remember watching that show! and i remember I like it... But I can't remember Joe though. :/

I wish i could get my hands a those couple episodes that Joe was in.
      ~Athena

Comment

I just aquired the entire series run of Cupid. Seeing Joe on it is kind of strange now, being so aquainted with him as Sheppard... but I don't care. I loved Cupid. It was such a great show. Jeremy Piven just made the series for me, and his interplay with Paula Marshall is just classic TV.

I can't wait till they find a way to get Jeremy Piven onto Veronica Mars.
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Oh, gods yes! Piven on VM is a MUST! I mean, the've already had Paula and Jeffrey, Piven would just be... mind-boggling, whatever the role.

I still miss Cupid. And watching the DVDs only makes it more painful. *sigh* Although at least Rob Thomas has finally made a series with staying power.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Oh, gods yes! Piven on VM is a MUST! I mean, the've already had Paula and Jeffrey, Piven would just be... mind-boggling, whatever the role.

I still miss Cupid. And watching the DVDs only makes it more painful. *sigh* Although at least Rob Thomas has finally made a series with staying power.
            Yeah... seeing the series again this week was bittersweet for me in many ways. It was great seeing a series I loved again after 6 years of not having it to see. However, not having anymore of them... and knowing that we'll never see how Trevor got to the 100th match (which Rob Thomas said would have been him and Clair)... it's just very meloncholy for me.
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I wonder if Rob would consider a series of novels based on Cupid. I mean, it isn't the same as having the actors actually do it, but it'd fill a hole in my heart. *sniffle*

Seriously, I'd dearly LOVE to get more out of Cupid... in any form possible.

Comment

I wonder if Rob would consider a series of novels based on Cupid. I mean, it isn't the same as having the actors actually do it, but it'd fill a hole in my heart. *sniffle*

Seriously, I'd dearly LOVE to get more out of Cupid... in any form possible.

I don't know if you noticed... but this week's new Veronica Mars showed that during the time that Wallace was in Chicago with his dad, he was attending "Trevor Hale High School." Didn't know they named High Schools after delusional mental patients who think they are Cupid.
                Last edited by IMForeman; 26 January 2006, 08:32 PM.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I loved Cupid since the first time I saw it..and am completely tossed as to why it was dumped, considering some of the rubbish that has managed to warrant more than one season since Cupid was made.
                  Actually, I'm starting to think its me...I liked Dead Like Me, Firefly, and gee, there's actually so many more..I'm sensing a pattern here

Comment

Ahhh. I don't get to watch the first broadcasts of the show, but I'll be sure to watch for that when I DO get to see the ep!

Comment

I haven't seen Cupid yet, but I definitely plan to since Rob Thomas' other series Veronica Mars is my favourite currently running show.
                      "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
                      "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                        Yeah... seeing the series again this week was bittersweet for me in many ways. It was great seeing a series I loved again after 6 years of not having it to see. However, not having anymore of them... and knowing that we'll never see how Trevor got to the 100th match (which Rob Thomas said would have been him and Clair)... it's just very meloncholy for me.
                        Wait a minute!! Where did you see the series this week? Was it on TV? Did I miss it??!! Is it on DVD? Have I asked enough questions yet?

I LOVED that show and was so disappointed when it got axed. My daughter enjoyed it too and it was fun to watch together. I don't remember Joe Flanigan, but it was the first time I'd seen Jeremy Piven in anything. He was great and I can't see him in anything else without thinking of Cupid.

*sigh* I miss that show.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

This is a shot in the dark, but I'm curious to see if I'm the only Cupid fan in Stargate fandom. It was a short-lived but wonderful series starring Jeremy Piven as Cupid, who'd been banished to Earth and sentenced to unite 100 couples without use of his bow and arrow. One couple he matched were Claire (his shrink) and Alex (played by Joe Flanigan). I ended up really liking Alex in spite of the fact that he was an obstacle in the path of Claire/Cupid shipperdom. Stargate's PTB should have been taking notes on this as they handled Alex's story arc beautifully. Well, IMO.

I have a handful of eps on tape, including at least one that Joe is in, but I would absolutely LOVE to complete my set and I'm almost desperate enough to email Rob Thomas (exec producer) and ask him to send me copies.
                          I seem to be on a major nostalgia binge this month. I, too, am a Cupid fan. I was noodling around the internet after reading your post, and found this website that might help:

http://www.hosking-online.com/jeremypiven/cupid.htm It links to the following website:

http://www.ebonlock.com/Cupid/tapes.html

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Of course it's possible to get copies of the episodes through more modern methods, but they might illegal depending on your country. Just curious, is it legal to send VHS copies of a show via regural mail in USA/Canada? I don't see any moral problem since there are no DVDs, but the legal matters are a different issue.
                            "I would rather have a show that a hundred people need to see than a thousand people like to see." - Joss Whedon
                            "It's strange to have a creation out there: A deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel." - Dexter

Comment

Originally posted by Domesticated Equine
                              Of course it's possible to get copies of the episodes through more modern methods, but they might illegal depending on your country. Just curious, is it legal to send VHS copies of a show via regural mail in USA/Canada? I don't see any moral problem since there are no DVDs, but the legal matters are a different issue.
                              Rob Thomas said he bought a set of bootlegs off Ebay... and he created it. He also said it's unlikely to be released on DVD.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X