Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Dont Look Back" needs more super heros!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Dont Look Back" needs more super heros!

Hey there!

I am writing a novel called "Dont Look Back". It is sort of... a darker super hero movie... like "Watchmen" for example.

THE STORY:

A secret gouvernment has been formed... consisting of the worlds most extreme creatures and "super heros". Together they are "The Elite". "The Elite" have the mission to travel back in time... and illiminate big threats to the world while they are still newborn children.

So, i have three heros this far:

The sexy Vampiress "Sarlaa".

"Grim Reaper"

and

"Mothman"

I need more superhero ideas.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by wraith queen inga; 15 March 2009, 10:28 AM.

Wouldn't changing the past cause a paradox, wherein by killing the person they wouldn't be a threat, so you would have no reason to travel back and kill them, so they would survive to be threat?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Personally I've discovered it's much easier coming up with villain than heroes. It probably has something to do with my inner nature. LOL!

I'll leave you to sort out the logistical nightmares involved in altering pivotal points in history, but as a suggestion you may want to avoid calling your group anything with X in their name. LOL! Yeah, there's the whole "shows with X in the title get higher ratings" thing, but in the superhero world I think X-groups tend to relate back to X-Men/Marvel. Just "The Elite" would work, IMO, but it's your story so it's your call.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        Wouldn't changing the past cause a paradox, wherein by killing the person they wouldn't be a threat, so you would have no reason to travel back and kill them, so they would survive to be threat?
        ok, maybe not Hitler...

But the main villain of the book is "invincible"...

and he wasnt when he was only a child... so: therefor they are travelling back throguh time to kill him and his fellow (also immortal) friends... who were all born in different ages... so it would be a cool event!

I mean... just imagine futuristic superheros in leather wander into a medieval little town and ask for direction, LOL!

Comment

I prefer stories where the villain win and the heroes wind up looking like the fools they are.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            I prefer stories where the villain win and the heroes wind up looking like the fools they are.
            These heroes cant really be counted as heroes... lets call them "People who kill for money and have superpowers"

Comment

Originally posted by wraith queen inga View Post
              These heroes cant really be counted as heroes... lets call them "People who kill for money and have superpowers"
              So villains who themselves got an enemy which needs sorting out, except the enemy is not superheroes but someone who is even worst than they are or just a rival who proving difficult to eliminate so they turn to time travel to solve there problem an to hell with consequences. If I am right in my interpetation then this is a cool concept to work with.

Comment

soundfs like hellboy combined with time cop or seven days or something.
                isc it supposed to be funny? the concept of a vampyress, the grim reaper and mothman working together sounds like a parody.
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Well with time travel, and altering history it might be useful to have someone who can see all or most of the probable outcomes of the groups actions. The person would be right most of the time, but obviously couldn't see all variables so would also be wrong enough to be interesting.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                    Well with time travel, and altering history it might be useful to have someone who can see all or most of the probable outcomes of the groups actions. The person would be right most of the time, but obviously couldn't see all variables so would also be wrong enough to be interesting.
                    A pshycic Super "hero"?

Good idea

Now i only need a name for him/her...

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                      soundfs like hellboy combined with time cop or seven days or something.
                      isc it supposed to be funny? the concept of a vampyress, the grim reaper and mothman working together sounds like a parody.
                      Its just names... Daaah!!!

For example... just because Spiderman is called Spiderman... do you really expect him to be a giant spider

It is just names...

Of course it wont be the ACTUAL Grim Reaper... simply someone with simular powers.

Comment

ok, sorry i was taking it too literally and mothman i was just picturing mothman from watchmen being dragged off by the men in white coats

as for the super psychic, how about Oracle, or something like that.

how about a hero that can possess other people, or control them, or just give them compulsions or something
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                          ok, sorry i was taking it too literally and mothman i was just picturing mothman from watchmen being dragged off by the men in white coats

as for the super psychic, how about Oracle, or something like that.

how about a hero that can possess other people, or control them, or just give them compulsions or something
                          Good ideas!

Ill definitly include the "possesion hero"

Comment

Well the guy wouldn't really be a psychic, as he wouldn't know exactly what would happen, he would just be able to calculate all the different possibilities. He could "see probability" as it were. As for a name, I think Heisenberg would work pretty well, or Schroedinger.
                            Last edited by jds1982; 18 March 2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X