Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen King's clown horror novel It is to be turned into a film

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7941335.stm

Stephen King's clown horror novel It is to be turned into a film by studio Warner Brothers, according to industry paper The Hollywood Reporter.
    The 1986 novel follows childhood friends drawn together as adults to fight the murderous clown Pennywise.
    The book was made into a three-hour TV mini-series in 1990, with Tim Curry.
    Since then the film rights have bounced around Hollywood, but Warners have now signed The Invasion screenwriter Dave Kajganich to adapt King's novel.
    Kajganich is also working on an adaptation of King's Pet Sematary, first adapted for screen in 1989.

Hiya Georgie!
    Spoiler:

Terrifying. I would go see that though. Can't be any worse than the mini-series.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I have to admit, I would definitely check this movie out. That mini-series freaked me out when I was little.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sounds interesting, i thought the mini-series was a disappointment but the book the excellent.

Comment

The miniseries scared the hell out of me as a kid. I'm still terrified of clowns.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            The miniseries scared the hell out of me as a kid. I'm still terrified of clowns.
            I liked clowns up until seeing that mini-series as a child.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              The same thing my girlfriend said to me a few times. Really, just like quoting her. But she liked the miniseries so much she bought it a few years ago on DVD.
              I liked it but couldn't care less if they make a movie or not..
              Never read the book either.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BJdavidLS View Post
                The same thing my girlfriend said to me a few times. Really, just like quoting her. But she liked the miniseries so much she bought it a few years ago on DVD.
                I liked it but couldn't care less if they make a movie or not..
                Never read the book either.
                The novel is, IMHO, King's finest. It's over a thousand pages, so they had to cut a hell of a lot just to fit it into the mini series. So, I've got absolutely no idea, what they will do to it to fit it into the movie format. To be honest I'm a bit scared, and not in a good way...
                sigpic

Comment

Wow, I never knew that the novel was that long. I think I will have to check that out.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Took me a month to read. Which is slow for me, by my slow standards.
                    Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

I loved the novel and the movie was pure scary awesome.

But, I don't think a remake of "IT" will be any good. Especially with Tim Curry not being Pennywise. He made that character scary. And I don't see anyone else with the look and voice to pull it off.

But seeing its true form might look sweet with modern cgi.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...laundryday.gif
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 August 2009, 10:15 AM. Reason: gif file limit 100kb.:)
                      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                        The novel is, IMHO, King's finest. It's over a thousand pages, so they had to cut a hell of a lot just to fit it into the mini series. So, I've got absolutely no idea, what they will do to it to fit it into the movie format. To be honest I'm a bit scared, and not in a good way...
                        That is exactly my thought. It's one of my favorite books and its so involved they will have to loose loads to fit it into a film time frame.

It's also going to be hard to represent the monster at the end seeing as (IIRC as it's a long time since I read it) it was more the sense of evil than a specific creature.

How they represented it in the series was just naff.
                        sigpic

Comment

i shat brix.
                          Last edited by Anubis69; 18 March 2009, 10:56 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                            I loved the novel and the movie was pure scary awesome.

But, I don't think a remake of "IT" will be any good. Especially with Tim Curry not being Pennywise. He made that character scary. And I don't see anyone else with the look and voice to pull it off.

But seeing its true form might look sweet with modern cgi.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...laundryday.gif
                            That image is oh so creepy.
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 August 2009, 10:16 AM. Reason: gif size limit 100kb...and pic reposts need to be done in "URL" tags.:)
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Warner Bros. Announces Release Date for ‘It’

New Line and Warner Bros. have announced a release date for their adaptation of Stephen King’s “It.” The movie, which was originally supposed to be directed by Cary Fukunaga, hits theaters Sept. 18, 2017.

“It” has been on a roller coaster after losing Fukunaga last year over creative differences. The studio quickly replaced him with Andres Muschietti as director and sources now tell Variety production is set to get under way this summer.

The original King novel followed seven children known as The Losers Club who come face to face with life problems, bullies and a monster that takes the shape of a clown called Pennywise. The idea is to have two films, one focused on the children and the other focusing on them as adults when they come back to their hometown to face the monster again.

Sources have also indicated that Will Poulter, who was originally tapped to portray Pennywise in Fukunaga’s version, has dropped out of the film due to a scheduling conflict and that execs are currently meeting with actors to portray the classic King villain.

Roy Lee and Dan Lin are producing along with David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith.
                              Source: http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wa...it-1201759274/
                              sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                              ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Working...
                              X