Ori and Stargates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori and Stargates

Sorry if this has already been covered but couldn't find anything by searching.

Was it ever mentioned if the Ori learned about stargate travel after they ascended?
    Or is it possible that when the seeder ship left the MW it seeded stargates in the ori galaxy?

I think one of the writers said that the Ori only learned about Stargate technology after their ascension. Nice thought about the Destiny though
    sigpic

Comment

I agree with Gate-builder.

Dr. Daedalus
      God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
      Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

i also think they learned about stargate travel after their acension but one thing is odd, if they didint use stargates, i think its possible that maybe they used some sort of galaxy wide ring system because the priors seemed to make their way around pretty fast and tomin said he found vala in the rings so we know that at least that planet had rings and it looked like vala and daniel transported directly from that one planet to "the planes of celestis" not like they went there by ship. its just a theory but it sounds plausible.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

i think they got it well before.

we no the ancients stayed in contact with the ori when they left so they probly give them the tech when they created it so they could talk to the ori face to face. plus the ancients must have been able to get to the ori galaxy because the ori infected them with the ori plage. they could not have getin there by ship so i think that pretty good evidence

Comment

at the begining of ....
            Spoiler:
            the ark of truth, when the alterans are leaving you see that guy go back for his notebook and say something like, "i had the greatest idea last night" grabing the book which contains sketches of a stargate. so im guesing stargates didnt start till they got to the milky way (if thats where they went straight away)
            sigpic
            The 11th Doctor. Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Comment

The Alterans left the Ori galaxy &, Daniel believes, didn't arrive in ''Avalon'', i.e. the MW, until several 1,000 years had passed.

Personally I got the impression that they thought of creating the stargates just before leaving the Ori galaxy (as shown in AoT).

Here's where I start rambling
              Because they spent their time, after the Ori galaxy & before the MW, constantly ''on the run'' from the Ori, they may not have had the chance to set up a running gate system.
              Either during this time or just after reaching the MW they created the long-range communication device (featured in Avalon,Part 1 & Origin) to 'spy' on the Ori's attempts to 'find them'.
              After time they disbanded using this tech (they may at this stage have felt 'safe').
              Ascended Merlin grew suspisious of the Ori's intention, retook human form & starting using the long-range communication device again.

& the rest we know.

Seeing as the Alterans, or as we know them the 'Ancients', were leaving the Ori galaxy to escape the Ori I don't think that they 'gave' the Ori the plan to the stargate.
              Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziel View Post
                The Alterans left the Ori galaxy &, Daniel believes, didn't arrive in ''Avalon'', i.e. the MW, until several 1,000 years had passed.

Personally I got the impression that they thought of creating the stargates just before leaving the Ori galaxy (as shown in AoT).

Here's where I start rambling
                Because they spent their time, after the Ori galaxy & before the MW, constantly ''on the run'' from the Ori, they may not have had the chance to set up a running gate system.
                Either during this time or just after reaching the MW they created the long-range communication device (featured in Avalon,Part 1 & Origin) to 'spy' on the Ori's attempts to 'find them'.
                After time they disbanded using this tech (they may at this stage have felt 'safe').
                Ascended Merlin grew suspisious of the Ori's intention, retook human form & starting using the long-range communication device again.

& the rest we know.

Seeing as the Alterans, or as we know them the 'Ancients', were leaving the Ori galaxy to escape the Ori I don't think that they 'gave' the Ori the plan to the stargate.
                i may be completely wrong and if i am whatever but im almost 100% certin that at the begginning of AOT when the alterans are talking one of the things in the backround is the long range communications device so that would indicate that they already built them and then left some behind and thought that they would be destroyed by the force of takeoff but as we know they werent and they survived and were retrieved by so called "heretics" who kept them safe and then when merlin acended he may have used and made the one in avalon to as you put it "spy" on the people of the ori galaxy.

and as for the others found, they were proaboly just made to communicate across galaxy during the war with the wraith because as we know, ships can be out of range of atlantis as deadalus has been on many ocations plus the wraith wouldnt be able to intercept any info sent.
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                  i so that would indicate that they already built them and then left some behind and thought that they would be destroyed by the force of takeoff but as we know they werent and they survived and were retrieved by so called "heretics" who kept them safe and then when merlin acended he may have used and made the one in avalon to as you put it "spy" on the people of the ori galaxy.
                  If it was found by the "heretics" wouldn't that mean that they had uncovered the Ancients ''caveran''. For some reason I got the impression that the 'early' Ancients used the device to ''keep an eye'' on the Ori galaxy, before discontinuing its use until Merlin decided that the Ori were a threat again.

and as for the others found, they were proaboly just made to communicate across galaxy during the war with the wraith because as we know.
                  I assume you're talking about the long-range communication device in
                  Spoiler:
                  Identity
                  , if you are then I agree.

Comment

If it was found by the "heretics" wouldn't that mean that they had uncovered the Ancients ''caveran''. For some reason I got the impression that the 'early' Ancients used the device to ''keep an eye'' on the Ori galaxy, before discontinuing its use until Merlin decided that the Ori were a threat again.

I assume you're talking about the long-range communication device in
                    Spoiler:
                    Identity
                    , if you are then I agree.
                    in AOT it was stated that the site was search many times by the "heretics" so yes they did know where the ancients went but the AOT was in a sealed cavern and wasnt found, until now.

as for whether or not the alterans used it to spy on the ori, its possible but it would have been a long time before they would have been able to use the device because it only works when someone who has touched a stone can act as an antenna and the heretics wouldnt have came about for a long long time and by then the ancients would have been so far away that it would have taken hundreds of years for the ori to send any ships after them so i dont think the alterans would have felt the need but i guess its posible that they could have used the device to spy on the ori.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

in AOT it was stated that the site was search many times by the "heretics" so yes they did know where the ancients went but the AOT was in a sealed cavern and wasnt found, until now.

as for whether or not the alterans used it to spy on the ori, its possible but it would have been a long time before they would have been able to use the device because it only works when someone who has touched a stone can act as an antenna and the heretics wouldnt have came about for a long long time and by then the ancients would have been so far away that it would have taken hundreds of years for the ori to send any ships after them so i dont think the alterans would have felt the need but i guess its posible that they could have used the device to spy on the ori.

Hum, good point the only way for the Alterans to have spied on the Ori when the Ori were still in human form would be if an Ori had touched the stone.
                      However if, as stargater1990 said, the long-range communication device was in the caveran before the Alterans left then they would at that stage have been using it (?).
                      If that's the case then they could have got an Ori to touch the stone by accident & therefore use that individual as an ''antenna'' for his/her life-time.
                      Is that not possible?

Comment

Hum, good point the only way for the Alterans to have spied on the Ori when the Ori were still in human form would be if an Ori had touched the stone.
                        However if, as stargater1990 said, the long-range communication device was in the caveran before the Alterans left then they would at that stage have been using it (?).
                        If that's the case then they could have got an Ori to touch the stone by accident & therefore use that individual as an ''antenna'' for his/her life-time.
                        Is that not possible?
                        yeah but it would only last for like a hundred years and then they would die and it wouldnt work anymore.

the ancients traveled for thousands of years and 100 years isint much compared to that.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

yeah but it would only last for like a hundred years and then they would die and it wouldnt work anymore.

the ancients traveled for thousands of years and 100 years isint much compared to that.
                          Yeah I noticed that too, but as I have already said

They may have
                          Either during this time or just after reaching the MW they created the long-range communication device
                          my last post would rule out ''after reaching the MW'' & a lot of time during their ''exile'', however maybe they felt that 100 years (or so) was enough time.
                          We don't know exactly how long an Anicent would live for (do we?),
                          but I'm guessing roughfully 250-ish years (at full health & without the plague)
                          so same for an Ori.

Comment

Working...
                          X