This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wargames 2: The Dead Code (spoilers)

Placed here because it focuses on computer AI, which I would regard as science fiction, or possibly more specifically, military science fiction.

I was wondering if anyone wanted to discuss this movie.

Just gotten round to seeing it, and I absolutely love it. Cracking sequel to the first movie, and a great standalone additionally.

I think they very succesfully updated the premise to the current strategic climate.

Thoughts?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

I got it for really cheap and also found the original War Games on DVD. So I watched both with my 9 year old son. I'm surprised at how much he loved both movies. He didn't seem to mind the different style of the 80's . I liked how the Dead Code tied itself the first movie. Though it didn't have the charm of the first movie.

Did you notice though in DC the Stargate Worlds stuff? My son squealed with delight when he realized the main character was playing that game. I thought at first he was mixing it up with something like Halo but then the Stargate Worlds logo showed up. And it popped up a few more times too.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I haven't seen this movie. Definitely going to have to check it out though.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just watched this movie tonight and its deffinately worth a watch if you liked the original movie. I loved the fact that they used things from the original movie in this one...not going to say anything to spoil it for anyone though. Watch it its great

Oh and yes I also noticed Stargate Worlds was in this quite a few times throughout the movie, a lovely little look at how the game may play. I want that game soooo bad!.. Awsome!

Comment

I'll check this movie out just to see some of Stargate Worlds. It turning out to be a good movie will just be a bonus.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The Stargate worlds thing, whilst BLATANT product placement - was certainly good for a laugh.

I too loved how much of the first movie came out in this one. I didn't bother to watch the original Wargames again before putting the Dead Code into my dvd player, so it initially felt like a standalone movie - and an enjoyable one at that. But the moment things started seeping in from the original movie - well it was fantastic, a real trip down memory lane, as the last time I saw the original movie I must have been a kid.

Spoiler:

Particularly when WOPR made his first reappearance - it felt so damn triumphant and like a returning hero!

But in any case - damn good movie - either as a sequel or a contemporary terrorism movie.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X