X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Origin of the Asgard

Humans descend from primates, some animal similar to a monkey. And
    the asgards?

Do they descend from any locust, any insect?
    Any hipotesys are welcome...
    Stargate fan - city of Curitiba-Brazil

whats a hipotesys?

hippo-testie?
    hippo - testsystem?
    hippopotamus?

Well, anyway...

Asgard decended from hominids with human like features. Then probably before that, ape-like animals.

Not monkeys. Monkeys have tails.
    Visit my Website

Comment

they seem quite froglike

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        they seem quite froglike
        Perhaps they orginated from some sort of amphibic mammal, maybe they once were like those spacefaring sea-creatures from Star Trek Enteprise...and then decided to use some sort of gene technology to make them a landbased humanoid...which in turn led to their infertility and subsequent cloning problems?

Comment

thats stupid

Comment

it was shown in the epi "revelations" when they go to save the asgard heimdall form the gould that the original asgard were fairly humanoid looking. they were about as tall as a average human albeit they had huge heads for the knowledge and they did have grayish skin but they were more humanoid looking

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
              it was shown in the epi "revelations" when they go to save the asgard heimdall form the gould that the original asgard were fairly humanoid looking. they were about as tall as a average human albeit they had huge heads for the knowledge and they did have grayish skin but they were more humanoid looking
              I remember Thor saying something about the Asgard being very similar to Humans many years ago, perhaps they just evolved from whatever primates existed on their original homeworld.

Comment

Well the basic form cant change that significantly over time. They have a humanoid form, so i think it is safe to say that they had an primatoid form. Take care with double posting, you already have an identical thread.
                sigpic
                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                  whats a hipotesys?

hippo-testie?
                  hippo - testsystem?
                  hippopotamus?
                  He probably was trying to say "hypotheses", although he probably meant "theories".

(Hypotheses - definition - a mythical intergalactic gremlin.)

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Either their homeworld was seeded with dormant genes by the Ancients (or a third species that seeded the Ancients as well) or you've got no hope of finding out. Do they have oceans on their homeworld, did they evolve on land, what is the density of their atmosphere, what's the history of their planet's temperature, do they have an asteroid belt in their solar system, what class of star do they have, do they have two stars, does their planet have days, how long are the days, what is the makeup of their atmosphere. All those are key factors that would drastically shift the evolutionary possibilities on their homeworld. The idea that they evolved from something like apes is staggeringly short-sighted, they may not be mammals, they may be cold-blooded, they may breathe a completely different gas to us.

The two possible explanations for why most things in sci-fi end up as human looking are: Dormant genes were seeded into all lifeforms; We only recognise humanoids as intelligent alien life.

Comment

Originally posted by Splitsecond View Post
                      Either their homeworld was seeded with dormant genes by the Ancients (or a third species that seeded the Ancients as well) or you've got no hope of finding out. Do they have oceans on their homeworld, did they evolve on land, what is the density of their atmosphere, what's the history of their planet's temperature, do they have an asteroid belt in their solar system, what class of star do they have, do they have two stars, does their planet have days, how long are the days, what is the makeup of their atmosphere. All those are key factors that would drastically shift the evolutionary possibilities on their homeworld. The idea that they evolved from something like apes is staggeringly short-sighted, they may not be mammals, they may be cold-blooded, they may breathe a completely different gas to us.

The two possible explanations for why most things in sci-fi end up as human looking are: Dormant genes were seeded into all lifeforms; We only recognise humanoids as intelligent alien life.
                      At least we know that they breathe the same gas as we do...or at least one that is similar enough...I have not seen a single Asgard with breathing devices on Earth or an human spaceship nor any humans onboard Asgard ships using breathing devices

Comment

Originally posted by Descended Alteran View Post
                        At least we know that they breathe the same gas as we do...or at least one that is similar enough...I have not seen a single Asgard with breathing devices on Earth or an human spaceship nor any humans onboard Asgard ships using breathing devices
                        We may share the same atmospheric composition but not the same air

Comment

they were "alike." not identical. seeing their current state i'd say they are a mammal-like amphibious species. they lost their amphibious abilities eons ago. but they have frog-like fingers, frog-like skin ETC.

Comment

Inteligent answer!
                            I saw this episode.

Comment

At the last episode of SG1 we can see a lot of Agard at SG1 and even an asgard appears in SGA.

Comment

Working...
                              X