Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did the Prometheus Receive Asgard Transporters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did the Prometheus Receive Asgard Transporters?

Not sure if this is the right place to post so I apologize in advance...

Does anyone know as of what episode of SG-1 that the Prometheus went from using rings to the Asgard Transporter tech?

Thanks!

Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post

Does anyone know as of what episode of SG-1 that the Prometheus went from using rings to the Asgard Transporter tech?

Thanks!
    it never did, it was destroyed befor we started to intergrate asgard tech (i think)

Comment

Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post

Thanks!
      Carter stated in the episode "Endgame" in Season 8 that the Prometheus had Asgard transporters. In the same episode the Prometheus used the transporter to rescue SG-1 and the gate. This is the earliest episode that stated that the Prometheus had working Asgard transporters. They still used the rings as the main transporter until the first episode of Season 9. Hope that helps.

Dr. Daedalus
      God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
      Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
        Carter stated in the episode "Endgame" in Season 8 that the Prometheus had Asgard transporters. In the same episode the Prometheus used the transporter to rescue SG-1 and the gate. This is the earliest episode that stated that the Prometheus had working Asgard transporters. They still used the rings as the main transporter until the first episode of Season 9. Hope that helps.

Dr. Daedalus
        damn it your absolutly right. ide completly fargoten that whole ep. too much stargate too remember

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
          it never did, it was destroyed befor we started to intergrate asgard tech (i think)
          when it was destroyed in ethon the crew used the asgard transporters to beam off the ship when the ori satalite broke through the asgard shields.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I think that the upgrades were installde in SG-1 "Disclosure".
            When Thor beamd out he said that he were there to install upgrades on the Prometheus.
            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
              I think that the upgrades were installde in SG-1 "Disclosure".
              When Thor beamd out he said that he were there to install upgrades on the Prometheus.
              Only 'Asgard designed weapons and shields' but in the end we only ever heard about the shields afterwards. They were still dependant on rings as of "Prometheus Unbound"
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

They used Asgard transporters in Ethon. But I can't remember when they were installed.

Comment

Thanks, guys - I'm still trying to pinpoint their installation as well. Sometime late in season 8 is my best guess.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                    when it was destroyed in ethon the crew used the asgard transporters to beam off the ship when the ori satalite broke through the asgard shields.
                    i have been corrected prior to this post. but thnks anyway, i like being corrected when i am wrong, how else would we learn

Comment

between the omnipedia and watching the eps just now i can say it ws some thime between episodes, grace and ripple effect. ile chack the lost city part pt1 and 2 (they sit in the middle( and get back to you

Comment

As I remember there was a big upgrade on the Prometheus in the begining of season 9. Carter was working on the Prometheus too, to finish these upgrades. What kind of upgrades? I don't know, as I remember Asgard sensors and other equipments.

About Asgard weapons on the Prometheus. We never saw any energy weapons on the ship, despite the fact Thor had promised. I think the Asgard only tried to amaze the international commision(SG1-6x17 Disclosure). Or more likely the writers changed their minds.

An interestering thing:
                        In Season 6-8 it looks like the bays on both side of the Prometheus housed the hyperdrives(blue glowing at the back of the bays, we never saw they launched fighters from them).
                        In SG1-9x15 Ethon they used them as hangarbays for the F-302s.
                        Maybe the Asgard retrofitted the Prometheus with a new Asgard hyperdrive(because they was already an Asgard hyperdrive on the ship in season 8, they used it to go to Atlantis).
                        It's hard to determine because the makers usally reused the CGI for the ship's hypertravel.
                        And of course maybe only the CGI team changed their minds.

Comment

It isn't really sure when they were installed. All we know is that they first appeared in "Endgame". But they really weren't used a lot until season 9. "Endgame" was the only episode I remember in season 8 that they used Asgard Transporters on the Prometheus.

Comment

Originally posted by dominiator4ever View Post
                            They were installed with the new Asgard Hyperdrive, and sensors, in between Season 8 and Season 9.
                            actually in the begginning, they didint have asgard sensors so they had to use "tags" or radio transmitters.

and i think i just pin pointed the precise time that promethius got asgard transporters because i was going over the transcript for endgame and came across this-

JACKSON: What about the Prometheus? Didn't the Asgard install beam technology as well as a hyperdrive?

CARTER: Yeah, it's in the hangar. We're still making adjustments to the new engines. There is another possibility. We know that Anubis possessed Asgard beam technology. We also know that Baal took over much of his fleet.

now in the episode "covenant" a few episodes before endgame, oniell asks thor for a hyperdrive for the promethius and thor says he'll have to discuss it with the council and obviously we got it based on the transcript above so we can say with certinty that we got asgard transporters between episodes 808 and 810.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                            X