The History of the ZAT Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The History of the ZAT Gun

I wanted to start this thread to learn and discover why the ZAT guns in the 1st half of the stargate series were GOLD with a lime like aging FX / weathering FX process

Then towards the last half of the series the Zat guns were more Black looking, could this be because there Hot from so much shooting??? LOL

Good question, and I'm sure alot of other modelers would like to know that??

Thanks for your responses

( If I get any)

We have 6 Zat guns and we want to paint them, but be accuratte about it while were at it, ANY ONE KNOW???????

every ZAT gun i've ever seen has been blue. i dont know where you saw gold or black ones.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Same here, always blue, never gold or black.

Comment

werent they silverish?

Comment

I don't remember Zats being blue or silverish. I'm pretty sure they have always been dark grey.

This is a picture of a Zat'n'ktel from Wikipedia.

Last edited by StargateBuilder; 27 February 2009, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I wonder why the SGC can't use ZAT technology and create a hand gun that shoots similarly.

To make everyone happy I'll suggest we make these guns in blue, black, gold and dark gray.
            Last edited by Spimman; 28 February 2009, 05:59 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              I wonder why the SGC can't use SAT technology and create a hand gun that shoots similarly.

To make everyone happy I'll suggest we make these guns in blue, black, gold and dark gray.
              first of all, i think you mean ZAT not SAT.

and secondly, why reinvent the wheel, ZATs are already hand guns and they work just fine so i see no reason to make an earth version of one.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

What would be nice to see from the sat would be an add on to the p-90 like the kull disruptor. That would probably be the best thing i would have seen in stargate.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

http://www.yourprops.com/norm-450b34...V)+(1997).jpeg

http://www.freewebs.com/gateroom/ZAT-coolpic.jpg

http://www.treksf.com/podcast/zat1.jpg

i think you should use the silverish one

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by ReplicaterZ View Post
                    I wanted to start this thread to learn and discover why the ZAT guns in the 1st half of the stargate series were GOLD with a lime like aging FX / weathering FX process

Then towards the last half of the series the Zat guns were more Black looking, could this be because there Hot from so much shooting??? LOL

Good question, and I'm sure alot of other modelers would like to know that??

Thanks for your responses

( If I get any)

We have 6 Zat guns and we want to paint them, but be accuratte about it while were at it, ANY ONE KNOW???????
                    the apohiis serpant guard zats do have a slight green tint, maybe they are family heirlooms handed down in the jaffa families (AND may be the only zats capable of the "three shots disintigrates" rule)

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                      first of all, i think you mean ZAT not SAT.

and secondly, why reinvent the wheel, ZATs are already hand guns and they work just fine so i see no reason to make an earth version of one.
                      Yes, ZAT...thanks for the correction!

Secondly, as of right now I am assuming we only have as many ZAT's as we can find or steal from people we kill. it would be nice to have the ability to create hundreds of these guns.

It would be a great thing to introduce to the world for law enforcement if they would remove the kill capability.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes, ZAT...thanks for the correction!

Secondly, as of right now I am assuming we only have as many ZAT's as we can find or steal from people we kill. it would be nice to have the ability to create hundreds of these guns.

It would be a great thing to introduce to the world for law enforcement if they would remove the kill capability.
                        yeah i guess when you put it that way but i doubt we could remove the killing function because it only kills people by giving them a double dose of the voltage that only stuns them and if you crank that down it wont be effective.

if we want a stun only weapon, then wraith stunners would be the way to go. i mean you could hit someone dozens of times and it wont do anything but stun them.

and yeah, giving them to law enforcement would be a great idea but we would have to make them more "earthy" and show a development history like with the x999 or whatever they called that laser gun dr. lee showed at that conference.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I wonder why the SGC can't use ZAT technology and create a hand gun that shoots similarly.

Ever hear of the Intar? I have no idea if I spelled that correctly or not. But whatever, granted they don't kill with two shots and don't vaporize on three shots. They are however Gou'ald technology meant to look like the human guns, they could use those because they got a whole load of them in that one episode. The name of said episode escapes me.

Comment

rules of engagement was the name of the episode

Comment

Thanks, I think it was a 2 part-er

Comment

Working...
                              X