Stargate SG-1 Available on Playstation Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1 Available on Playstation Network

According to the official Playstation Blog, Stargate SG-1 seasons 1 to 10 are now available on the US Playstation Network shop. This means that people can buy the show (not sure if you can buy a full season or just individual episodes) and watch it through their PS3 and can even transfer it to a PSP for portable viewing (although sharing is DRM protected to prevent mass sharing). It also means that people can buy the show without having to use credit cards as stores like Walmart and Best Buy sell $20 and $50 prepaid Playstation Network cards which you can redeem by entering a code.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...ent-update-17/

Didn't see this posted elsewhere so forgive if a duplicate.

Now despite being able to access the US PSN store, there is a region lock in place to stop me from browsing (which stops me from buying from outside the region) otherwise it would be quite easy for people outside the US to buy this content. However US and I believe Canadian PS3 users should have no problem finding it.
    Last edited by SaberBlade; 22 February 2009, 11:28 PM.

sigpic

thnx for the info

Comment

Thats all fine and dandy but when i just want the video store on the UK PSN

Also i believe that Canada can't get either
      Last edited by Promethius30; 23 February 2009, 06:50 AM.
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

This is why licensing sucks ass. The UK PSN doesn't even have a Video section yet and they don't seem to care about people outside the US getting games, demos and addons which you can buy, but God forbid they allow people to buy movies or television shows.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X