Predator Superior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator Superior?

Haha. got u guys worried with the title. No, Predator is NOT superior to SG. What I want to know is, with the technology, weapons and stuff that the Predator species has available to them (Inc. graphic novels as well as films.) could they last it out in the Gateverse, remaining as hunters to be feared and reviled, or would they quickly become, well, dead?

I think they'd do quite well, especially in the guerrila warfare role that happens so often in SG. Not so much in open warfare, through sheer numbers of opponents.

All thought welcome!
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Yeah, they'd pretty much kick ass.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

They'd do pretty well I think. I don't know much about what they have in terms of space forces but the ground combat gear of their hunters is massively ahead of anything you'll see in SGverse along with just their general competence level.

Since they tend to just hunt species for sport and don't really seem to care about conquering territory as far as I know, they'll probably just go on doing what they typically do and no one will really notice/bother them.

Comment

well judging from what we've seen of them, i'd say they can AFFORD hunting for sports. so plenty of resources ETC and no reason to care about other species

Comment

The impression I get from them to is that they'd probably actually prefer to avoid things like open warfare vs a "prey" species.

They'll of course do it if they're attacked but I really think they actually prefer a sort of state of bizzare co-existence to one of open hostility. "We're just going to come and challenge a few of your hardiest with a hunt now and then, don't take it so personally, it's not like we want to wipe you out or anything, it's like a game, and you can even win to."

Comment

Like others have said here I too think the Predators would do well in the Stargate Universe, well as far as their man to man hunting skills and ground warfare technology goes.

There are a couple of unknowns as far as their vessel's technologies goes, they of course have those personal particle cannon things, so the ability to make a piece of weapons technology like that probably means they could make larger versions of the tech.
            We don't know if their ships have shields or any kind of armor defenses, they obviously have faster than light speed propulsion but it's not clear how fast it is.

If there is more than just a few of them then I think they could survive, if their ships have shield technology which I think they should be capable of making then I think they'd do really well.
            Just one hunter could probably own a Hive IMO, the Goauld would have been no problem and Humans of most of PG and MW would probably be no problem.

Comment

I wonder how they would do against the Kull warriors...
              La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
              L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

i think the preadators would do pretty well, seing as they have quite superior weapons tech, like their shoulder bazooka or their self destruct device. one can only assume they have pretty massive ship cannons, and since they have cloak tech, why not shields? they would probably own everything and everyone, including the tau'ri, if they wanted to.
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by IMDB
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

Now here's another question, if they were there what would they want to hunt.

They like to hunt challenging prey, and won't kill weak/sick/unarmed individuals, so what would be the top trophy to take from stargateverse?

I'm thinking a Prior skull/staff myself. Any hunter who could bag one of them would certainly earn a lot of rep with his boys back home.

Kull warrior trophies would also likely be highly prized, but not quite as much a prior ones because kulls are prety stupid/easier to trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                    Now here's another question, if they were there what would they want to hunt.

They like to hunt challenging prey, and won't kill weak/sick/unarmed individuals, so what would be the top trophy to take from stargateverse?

I'm thinking a Prior skull/staff myself. Any hunter who could bag one of them would certainly earn a lot of rep with his boys back home.

Kull warrior trophies would also likely be highly prized, but not quite as much a prior ones because kulls are prety stupid/easier to trick.
                    Agreed, also a Sodan warrior trophy would be pretty good...

I too think the Predator would do well in the SG Universe...except against Replicators.

Comment

a wraith queen head would make a nice trophy too
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by IMDB
                      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                      Hehe

Comment

Maybe a Re'tu? It would certainly make it interesting since both use cloaks extensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10
                          Agreed, also a Sodan warrior trophy would be pretty good...
                          A sodan will certainly be worth more than a regular Jaffa anyway. They're also pretty rare, are decent fighters, and have a near mythical status so I can actually see them being pretty valuable yeah.

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                          a wraith queen head would make a nice trophy too
                          Have we ever even seen one armed? They're rare but they're not exactly hard to kill when you do find one, especially for something like a Predator, unless he totally ****s up and gets himself mind controlled trying to blade her or something.

One of those Wraith lords like in Sateda though...

Originally posted by Crazy Tom
                          Maybe a Re'tu? It would certainly make it interesting since both use cloaks extensively.
                          I think the Re'tu are also partially out of phase if the Omnipedia is correct, so the pred's normal weapons might not even effect it if it's phased, which is then going to require some serious creativity in order to bag one.

So yeah, they'd probably be pretty valuable. A sort of bage of honor to show that a hunter is capable of more clever and abstract thinking/trapping than just plasma blasting or chopping directly.

So what do we have so far, in order of trophy value...

-Prior
                          -Wraith Lord/Kull warrior (not sure which one would be more prized, probably the Lord, cause he's rarer and smarter)
                          -Re'tu
                          -Sodan Warrior
                          -Wraith Queen (would a predator even bother to kill an unarmed Wraith queen?)
                          -SGC Marines
                          -Wraith grunts
                          -Regular Jaffa/Ori grunts
                          -Misc "native" humans

That's the way I see them being valued anyway. Can we think of any more or where they'd slot in?

I'm not sure if they'd bother to kill replicators. They can obviously fight back effectively and are armed usually but they're also machines made of either blocks or nanite dust. I don't know if there's any precident for preds taking trophies from machines or robots that they kill. Do they even hunt things that aren't "alive".

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            So what do we have so far, in order of trophy value...

-Prior
                            -Wraith Lord/Kull warrior (not sure which one would be more prized, probably the Lord, cause he's rarer and smarter)
                            -Re'tu
                            -Sodan Warrior
                            -Wraith Queen (would a predator even bother to kill an unarmed Wraith queen?)
                            -SGC Marines
                            -Wraith grunts
                            -Regular Jaffa/Ori grunts
                            -Misc "native" humans

That's the way I see them being valued anyway. Can we think of any more or where they'd slot in?
                            Unas between Wraith Queen and SGC Marines ?

Comment

T-rex from pegasus on top! (tao of rodney)

Comment

Working...
                              X