What would the ancients have done with the superhive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would the ancients have done with the superhive

if the wraith created superhives in the war against the ancients would it have turned out with the destruction of atlantis?

or do you think a zpm powered aruora could beat a superhive?

or would it take atlantis its self. it was getting beat on eatg by a superhive but it was only firing drones very slowly compared to what we saw in lost city which imo would take a superhive easy. but can atlantis fire drones like that?

Well something about Atlantis's power came up in another thread. The reason the shields were failing in EATG was beacuse the Wormhole Drive ate alot of there power, which ment that the 3 ZPM's were nearly depleated, and it was still holding it's way against the SuperHive

So i think that Atlantis (When the ancients were still there) with 3 nearly (speaculation) full ZPM's and the water to disipate the power of the wraith fire and a nearly endless supply (speculation) would have been able to deal with the suprhive with no problem, it might take a little mote than a normal hive, but i think the ancients would have been able to defete it

As for a ZPM powered Aroura, i don't think one would have been enough, especially with all the other hives and cruisers and darts around the planet, i think it would get pwned lol

However if it was in open space, only facing the superhive i think it would stand a chance, ONLY because of the Drones and the fact that it's shield systems are better (speculation), but it wouldn't come out unscaved; it would be heavily damaged.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
      it was getting beat on eatg by a superhive but it was only firing drones very slowly compared to what we saw in lost city which imo would take a superhive easy. but can atlantis fire drones like that?

I think that was down to Carson's inexperince, He hasn't had much experince controling the city thats left up to shepard. May be he couldn't control a few thousand drones at once.

Comment

I think that the Ancients would just send in a fleet and blow it to hell.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
          I think that the Ancients would just send in a fleet and blow it to hell.
          Agreed In stunning Ancient style, a massive fleet of Aurora-class ships would pop out of hyperspace, rip the thing to shreds, retrieve the ZPMs, and jump back to Lantea.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Super hive against an Aurora = Super hive

Super hive against ZPM Aurora= gotta go with superhive. real close fight but the hive can repair the damage while still fighting, Aurora will get damaged and remain damaged.

Super hive against fleet of Aurora= no contest.

Comment

if the wraith created superhives in the war against the ancients would it have turned out with the destruction of atlantis?
              I think some have said that with Atlantis having to use things like inertial dampers and maneuvering thrusters there just wasn't the power available to fully power the city's shields and fire off masses of Drones even with 3 ZPMs.
              The city's shield was also skimming the Earth's atmosphere, that was draining the shields, even with the added power in the Hive's weapons I doubt if Atlantis was sitting on a planet with the shields up they could do as much damage as they did in EATG.
              If the wormhole drive had almost completely depleted the ZPMs then Sheppard would have said something to imply that was the case but he didn't he said this:
              Source:http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5...ipts/520.shtml
              MUCH LATER. ATLANTIS INFIRMARY. John is standing at the foot of Ronon's bed.

SHEPPARD: Well, how're you feeling?

DEX: I'm ready to get out of here.

SHEPPARD: Take your time. The city's pretty banged up. Even with the ZeePMs we're not going anywhere for a while.

DEX: And when they've fixed it, d'you really think they're gonna let us take it back to Pegasus?

SHEPPARD: I'll make sure you get home.

DEX: This is my home.

(John smiles at him. Amelia walks over.)
              My point is there was obviously power left in the ZPMs and probably enough to get the city back to the Pegasus galaxy with power to spare.
              IMO if the Wraith made a ZPM powered Hive during the war and Atlantis fired one or two Orion sized volleys of Drones at the Hive Atlantis would kill it.
              TBH the Orion's salvo in No Man's Land was overkill for a regular Hive, a Jumper can do immense amounts of damage to a regular Hive with only a few Drones as was shown in The Queen.
              I could see an Aurora killing that beast yes even a ZPMless one could possibly do it, as I said above the Orion Hive killing salvo in No Man's Land was overkill for a regular Hive.
              With an Aurora being able to fire loads of Drones in a very short amount of time the Super Hive probably wouldn't get a chance to fire off many shots of it's weapons before the Aurora (even a ZPMless one) had torn it apart with it's Drones.
              or would it take atlantis its self. it was getting beat on eatg by a superhive but it was only firing drones very slowly compared to what we saw in lost city which imo would take a superhive easy. but can atlantis fire drones like that?
              Like I've said above there are other factors to consider with Atlantis, inertial dampers and maneuvering thrusters probably ate up a lot of power.
              The city's shield was getting drained by Earth's atmosphere, perhaps there was only a fraction of a ZPMs worth of power for the shields so if Atlantis was sitting on a planet, like it was designed to it probably could have fired a hundred or two hundred Drones in a single shot and killed the Hive.

This is just my opinion but I think any piece of Ancient military technology barring a single Puddle Jumper could have killed that Super Hive, be it an Aurora (with or without a ZPM), a City Ship or Drone Platform with enough Drones and finally even the Ancient's satellite beam weapon could IMO with at most a couple of shots have killed the Super Hive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post

My point is there was obviously power left in the ZPMs and probably enough to get the city back to the Pegasus galaxy with power to spare.
                We know from "Adrift" and"Lifeline" that the city can fly vast distances with only half a ZPM; you just need enough to take off and open a hyperspace window, after that it's fairly easy.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  We know from "Adrift" and"Lifeline" that the city can fly vast distances with only half a ZPM; you just need enough to take off and open a hyperspace window, after that it's fairly easy.
                  I think it's been said on Gateworld that the real Galaxy Pegasus is based on is like thirty thousand light years across, but it's several million light years away from here.
                  I doubt with a single ZPM that would be enough to get the city back to the Pegasus galaxy safely.

Comment

I think it's been said on Gateworld that the real Galaxy Pegasus is based on is like thirty thousand light years across, but it's several million light years away from here.
                    I doubt with a single ZPM that would be enough to get the city back to the Pegasus galaxy safely.
                    Why not? The ability to traverse hyperspace doesn't seem to depend on your power reserves; it looks more like a simple matter of how advanced your drive system is. The only time large amounts of energy are used looks to be in opening the window itself... and greater the distance your course intends, the greater amount of energy needed to create the subspace tunnel.

Comment

I think the real question here is why didn't the Wraith create a super hive back then...I mean come on we knew they had ZPMs and they used them to create millions of warriors instead of massive Hive ships that would be unstoppable and obliterate everything in their path....reducing the need for so many warriors...

I mean seriously?

But to answer your original question I believe Janus would of made the Ancients aware of his Attero device and therefore used it for a short time to obliterate the super hives after luring them into a trap using any available ships.
                      I believe among your people it is customary to shake hands....... Just a little Wraith humor

Sig thanks to geekywraith *big hugs*

Comment

Why not? The ability to traverse hyperspace doesn't seem to depend on your power reserves; it looks more like a simple matter of how advanced your drive system is. The only time large amounts of energy are used looks to be in opening the window itself... and greater the distance your course intends, the greater amount of energy needed to create the subspace tunnel.
                        In First Strike the city drops out of hyperspace when there isn't enough power available for the engines, you know when the city's power conduits got fried by the Asuran's satellite weapon.
                        A ZPM or half a ZPM or whatever was enough for traveling to a relatively nearby planet but it's just my opinion that one ZPM wouldn't be enough to traverse millions of light years with the city, if the team had the power to do that in Lifeline why not just bring the city back to the Milky Way even with the problems of the power conduits being all fudged up?

Anyway my point is if the ZPMs were nearly all gone Sheppard would have said that but he didn't, I may be proved wrong about the power thing when the Atlantis movie comes out but I doubt it, I don't see any reason for now to believe that the city's power is down to a single ZPM's worth of energy or less, maybe portion of each of the 3 will be drained.

Comment

I don't see any reason for now to believe that the city's power is down to a single ZPM's worth of energy or less, maybe portion of each of the 3 will be drained.
                          ...yes, each was drained so much that they only equal roughly half to one ZPM, making them extremely weak versus the advance hive ship. They still have 3 modules, but put together they only really equate one or less.

Comment

...yes, each was drained so much that they only equal roughly half to one ZPM, making them extremely weak versus the advance hive ship. They still have 3 modules, but put together they only really equate one or less.
                            Have you got a source for that information as I don't recall it being said in EATG just how much power was left in each ZPM?

Comment

Have you got a source for that information as I don't recall it being said in EATG just how much power was left in each ZPM?
                              It was a guess, it just makes sense

Comment

Working...
                              X