This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder Woman (DC Movie) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Joss Whedon has confessed that studio executives kept him "completely in the dark" when he worked on a proposed Wonder Woman movie.

The Dollhouse creator suggested to Maxim that Warner Bros and producer Joel Silver were at fault for the blockbuster's demise because they refused to tell him what they wanted.

"I have no idea the status of the movie and, honestly, I never did," he said. "I was told they were very anxious to make it. I wrote a script. I rewrote the story. And by the time I'd written the second script, they asked me... not to."

Whedon added that Warner Bros's indecisive approach to making the superhero movie left him baffled.

"They didn't tell me to leave, but they showed me the door and how pretty it was. Would I like to touch the knob and maybe make it swing?" he joked.

"I was dealing with them through Joel Silver who couldn't tell me what they wanted or anything else. I was completely in the dark. So I didn't know what it was that I wasn't giving them. I've moved on."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...n-failure.html
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 02 July 2010, 06:17 AM.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

This reminds me of how the new superman movie was treated. They wanted to make it ages ago starting I think in 1998 and they were talking about Nicholas Cage as Superman. I remember that because I threw my mag across the room when I read that.

I hope when this finally, if ever, gets done that its done a heck if a lot better than the new Superman and new Batman movies.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
      Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Hmm, from that transcript I get the impression that the guys at Warner Bros don't even know if they want to make a Wonder Woman movie or not.

IMO I think they just weren't that impressed with Whedon's script, while at the same time they also wanted to keep everything secret as far as possible cast and storyline goes, so as not to attract unnecessary speculations and anticipation from fans, media alike, which could otherwise hurt the movie in the long run, if it ever gets made.
        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Whedon has not had an easy go of things at times, that is for sure.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

During Ny comic con i was able to see the animated wonder woman movie that comes out next month (i believe) and honestly if they just did that basic origin story with some added scenes and more character development they would have the perfect wonder woman movie.

Comment

Dushku 'would make a great Wonder Woman'
              Tuesday, March 3 2009, 09:29 GMT

By Mayer Nissim

Lynda Carter has said that Eliza Dushku would be a perfect choice to play the role of Wonder Woman in a rumoured movie version of the story.

Carter played the heroine on TV in the 1970s, while Buffy The Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon was originally involved in a reimagining of the character for the big screen.

However, Whedon since dropped out of the film and said that the producers had kept him "completely in the dark" when he worked on the project.

Carter told WENN: "I've always liked Joss, and Eliza would make a great Wonder Woman.

"I hope if they make the movie it makes a bajillion dollars, which means they'll continue to make them."

She also offered to help with the movie and said she did not care about being paid for any assistance she gives the filmmakers

Whedon and Buffy star Dushku recently reunited to work on TV show Dollhouse, which had a poor start in the ratings when it premiered last month.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...der-woman.html

Comment

I think Morena Baccarin would make a good Wonder Woman too XD
                "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Personally, I think it'd be nice to see somebody who hasn't had any involvement with Joss Whedon before. There's lots of people in Hollywood that he hasn't worked with.

Though on that note, my sister and I were discussing who would be a good Wonder Woman and we couldn't really think of anybody, which kind of sucks, to be honest.

Comment

TPTB have been discussing a Wonder Woman movie since the mid-90s...and its been one let down after another. I just wish they'd get a move on! I used to watch Lynda Carter in the 70s...and I still watch her on DVD now. I think it will be difficult finding an actress to fill her boots. IMHO Lynda is THE Wonder Woman!
                    sigpic

Comment

Live Action Wonder Woman Movie Plans Are On Again!

IESB.NET announces that there may be hope for the Live Action Wonder Woman Movie after all.
                      Last March 12, 2009, IESB.NET announced that according to Warner Brothers & Silver Pictures...the Wonder Woman Live Action Movie is "picking up steam" ever since Silver Pictures hired Andrew Roma to be the man in charge of spearheading the project together with Joel Silver.

According to IESB.NET-

"Sources in the Burbank studios have confirmed there is quite a bit of movement on the WW front. With Green Lantern going into production this year, it looks like Princess Diana may finally get the go ahead from WB.

WB and Silver Pictures are in the early stages but they are eager to get started on the movie. Sources tell IESB that WB is looking for new writers on the project and have been taking pitches the last few weeks."

There is speculation within the fan community that the overwhelmingly favorable response to the Wonder Woman Animated Movie as well as the Comicbook run by fan favorite Wonder Writer- Ms. Gail Simone may have played a role in getting the live action movie plans re-started. We certainly hope so as it is so long overdue. And for skeptics who still cling to the notion that it isn't feasible to produce a Wonder Woman movie Live action film because Elektra & Catwoman didn't make it, all I can say is that they flopped because they're simply NOT in the same league as Wonder Woman.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/w...e/news/?a=6745

Comment

More Live Action WONDER WOMAN News

IESB has gotten some more news on the WONDER WOMAN front from inside the Warner Bros. camp.

A while back I told you that the live action Wonder Woman film was gaining life wiht at WB and Silver Pictures had been picking up speed as of late. So far they have been on the hunt for new writers and were taking pitches.

Now, IESB has gotten another tidbit of news, looks like WB and Silver Pictures are now looking for a director. The studios are enthusiastically working together to attach elements to the film to get it up and going quickly.

No word yet on who the leading actress will be, it will probably be given to someone like Angelina Jolie unfortunately.

I think that if they want to be true to the source material they should cast an actual Greek actress for the role. I saw an actress in Europe who would be amazing in it.

Dimitria Matsouka. She is one of the most popular actress's in Greece, and Southern Europe. She was born in Athens in 1974. She graduated from the prestigious Athens Dramatic School in 1998. She has stared in some of the most popular shows in Greece, and Southern Italy. She was amazing in the Italian film
                        El Greco in 2007, yes I saw it in Greece, you should definatley check it out in the foreign film section of your local movie store.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...y/news/?a=6799

Comment

Megan Gale Will NOT Be Playing Wonder Woman

She won't be playing Wonder Woman, but glamour girl Megan Gale is making a move into movies nevertheless.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...y/news/?a=7162

Comment

Could Jessica Biel Be Playing Wonder Woman After All?

I damn well hope so i hear you say! The lovely Miss Biel had some interesting words for MTV news...

“If Wonder Woman had the right script and it was really powerful and emotional and interesting, I would be into that kind of thing,” Biel told MTV News while she was promoting her upcoming 1920s comedy of manners, “Easy Virtue.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=7552

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              More Live Action WONDER WOMAN News

IESB has gotten some more news on the WONDER WOMAN front from inside the Warner Bros. camp.

A while back I told you that the live action Wonder Woman film was gaining life wiht at WB and Silver Pictures had been picking up speed as of late. So far they have been on the hunt for new writers and were taking pitches.

Now, IESB has gotten another tidbit of news, looks like WB and Silver Pictures are now looking for a director. The studios are enthusiastically working together to attach elements to the film to get it up and going quickly.

No word yet on who the leading actress will be, it will probably be given to someone like Angelina Jolie unfortunately.

I think that if they want to be true to the source material they should cast an actual Greek actress for the role. I saw an actress in Europe who would be amazing in it.

Dimitria Matsouka. She is one of the most popular actress's in Greece, and Southern Europe. She was born in Athens in 1974. She graduated from the prestigious Athens Dramatic School in 1998. She has stared in some of the most popular shows in Greece, and Southern Italy. She was amazing in the Italian film
                              El Greco in 2007, yes I saw it in Greece, you should definatley check it out in the foreign film section of your local movie store.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...y/news/?a=6799
                              Please No.
                              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Working...
                              X