Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here looked really close At the Atlantis Season 3 boxset?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone here looked really close At the Atlantis Season 3 boxset?

I mean, go fetch it now, go on go fetch it. Now, look at the cover. Look at the characters faces. What is up with that?! Lets go left to right. Teyla's face appears pretty normal, okay. Rodney's face. It looks really thin, and he appears to be wearing red eyeliner.
    John's face looks like someone twisted it around, as the head doesn't match the neck of his body. Weir's face seems alright, but then Ronon's face looks odd again. His cheeks look really small and thin, while his eyes look more stretched.

Now who designed this box cover? They really messed it up, no? Seems they were only able to do clear detail on the women's faces!

It looks to me like instead of going with a posed group photo, they simply photoshopped together 5 different photos of the actors in action or straight from film. So, John's head looks like he would when he's looking around a corner for example, Ronan obviously looks like he's fighting. Your face doesn't look normal when you're not standing still.

Comment

Yeah that is what they appear to have done. Just seems really odd they skimped on the budget for that particular box cover.

Comment

That is a little odd looking.

For anyone who doesn't own the box set (or is to lazy to go look at it ) here's the cover:

Comment

You found a better sized picture than I could!

Comment

I always thought it looked odd, they all look like they've been airbrushed to heck and back.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah it looks odd, but i never noticed it until you brought it up. Its what's inside that truly counts!
              Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

We had a conversation about this in another S3 boxset thread. Why isn't Carson on it either. Why does Lizzie have a gun!?

I have the original, they should have gone with this one.

Comment

not as bad the BSG cover this year:
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's a terrible cover. What bugs me the most is how Sheppard's head is really badly photoshopped onto his body. The lighting angles are completely different. It appears the light is coming from his left - and underneath, his neck is completely illuminated? Makes his head look too small for his body and like it's not attached. Also, it looks like they 'mirrored' Rodney's head. If your features are perfectly symmetrical (most aren't), then that would look okay, but when you mirror DH's head he looks completely different (and on a way-too-small and badly angled body). Arrgh. I hate stinky photoshopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
                      not as bad the BSG cover this year:
                      http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...tlestar_01.jpg

Starbuck: Hellloooo, camera. Make any sudden moves and I will cut you.

Younger Guy (hey, I don't watch it ): Hellloooo, Starbuck's Chest. How you doin'?

Edward James Olmos: Wow, blue squares! COOL!

Comment

Yeah I always noticed Rodney and Ronon look really really odd. They're quite disproportional.

Also Amanda Tapping on the cover of season 4 boxset looks really strange. Like she has way too much blush on and they mustv'e done something with her nose too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                        MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

the BSG cover looks like the guy on the left watches the breasts of the woman, and Adama looks at her mouth.

DH's head doesnt look like rodney's

Comment

Originally posted by fyere View Post
                            Starbuck: Hellloooo, camera. Make any sudden moves and I will cut you.
                            Younger Guy (hey, I don't watch it ): Hellloooo, Starbuck's Chest. How you doin'?
                            Edward James Olmos: Wow, blue squares! COOL!

Originally posted by Hermiiod View Post
                            Also Amanda Tapping on the cover of season 4 boxset looks really strange. Like she has way too much blush on and they mustv'e done something with her nose too.
                            http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...tlantis_s4.jpg
                            I hate the colour scheme on this one and the yellow colour cast is disgusting.

Comment

Original discussions: here and here

Comment

Working...
                              X