Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was the Weapon Platform in Antarctica needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why was the Weapon Platform in Antarctica needed?

Why was the Weapon Platform in Antarctica needed? before i get attacked with people saying it was for planetary defence, who was it defending against. did the Ancients have any enemies in the Milky Way. the Goa'uld were still swimming around on P3x-888. the Nox, Asgard and Furlings were their allies. who else would have posed a threat to the Ancients. the Ori didn't know were they were.

could it be standard procedure to set up defense on all Ancient worlds. if so should every planet have some sort of drone weapons storage. then you would have an unlimited supply of drones just waiting to be found along with Possible ZPM's.

well the ori did not know were they went but the ancient knew the ori was out there so it had to be ready if the ori would find them

Comment

Here's a few possibities:

1)The Ancients were paranoid that the Ori would find them.

2)The realised that the Goa'uld would/could become a problem.

3)So their descentants would be protected when they evolved enough

4)In case they made a few enemies.
      Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

I think Ziel got it right.
        i doubt they were paranoid.
        i just think the ancients were smart enough to be better safe then sorry sort of thing.
        it's better to have the defences with no enemies just in case!

Comment

Thanks for the thumbs up.

Comment

Like the chick from AVP said: "Better to have it and not need it, than need it nad not have it."

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              Like the chick from AVP said: "Better to have it and not need it, than need it nad not have it."

Just like a Condom

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

Just like a Condom
                tell that to the asgard

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                  tell that to the asgard

Talk about being cruel, lol.

Comment

Maybe it was just incase they ever did get attacked. Countries build defenses even when they don't think they will get attacked.
                    SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
                    LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
                    READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
                    Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

Originally posted by SavetheGate View Post
                      Maybe it was just incase they ever did get attacked. Countries build defenses even when they don't think they will get attacked.

Thats already been mentioned and I still agree, better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by SavetheGate View Post
                        See Sweden and Switzerland for evidence of unneeded military build-up.

I would like to note that I don't think we've been told when the Antarctic chair was built. I would guess it was before Atlantis left and was a docking port for Atlantis, but it may have been later than that.

The chair probably did more than fire weapons. Weapons can be used for a lot more than warfare, it could have been used to stop asteroids. It should also be noted that they only needed one chair in a small room with one ZPM in order to protect a whole planet, to not build it would be like turning down the offer of a small pebble that can stop fires anywhere in your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Splitsecond View Post
                          See Sweden and Switzerland for evidence of unneeded military build-up.
                          ok... WTF?! our defense has been doing nothing but shrinking for the last 20 years or so...
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by IMDB
                          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                          Hehe

Comment

It's relatively massive compared to Britain though, you even have stealth warships. When was the last time that Sweden needed an armed forces?

Comment

eum... 17h century? no, but 19th.
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by IMDB
                              Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                              Hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X