This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretch Armstrong movie limbers up

After over 20 years of abortive plans to make a movie of the character, a Stretch Armstrong film is now underway.

Bruce Almighty writer Steve Oedekerk has been assigned by Universal Pictures to script the superhero comedy, based on the Hasbro toy. Launched in the 1970s, Stretch Armstrong's limbs could be pulled to nearly four feet long, and came with an assortment of accessories including a dog called Fetch and Stretch’s brother, Evil X-Ray Wretch.

Attempts have been made to create film vehicles for Danny DeVito and Jackie Chan from the concept since 1988. Hasbro's Bennett Schneir, who will produce the movie, noted that toys have become "a new well from which to draw intellectual properties that bring a pre-awareness and nostalgia. They are drawing filmmakers who find a real emotional connection and resonance, and this is proving to be a compelling driver for motion pictures."

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/3109-str...vie-limbers-up

Oh my god....
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So it Mr Fantastic, with out the other 3 guys ..........................it could work I suppose.
      Last edited by knowles2; 14 February 2009, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        After over 20 years of abortive plans to make a movie of the character, a Stretch Armstrong film is now underway.

Bruce Almighty writer Steve Oedekerk has been assigned by Universal Pictures to script the superhero comedy, based on the Hasbro toy. Launched in the 1970s, Stretch Armstrong's limbs could be pulled to nearly four feet long, and came with an assortment of accessories including a dog called Fetch and Stretch’s brother, Evil X-Ray Wretch.

Attempts have been made to create film vehicles for Danny DeVito and Jackie Chan from the concept since 1988. Hasbro's Bennett Schneir, who will produce the movie, noted that toys have become "a new well from which to draw intellectual properties that bring a pre-awareness and nostalgia. They are drawing filmmakers who find a real emotional connection and resonance, and this is proving to be a compelling driver for motion pictures."

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/3109-str...vie-limbers-up
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Haha how can you make a movie out of a guy who stretches about feet and snaps lol

Would be an interesting movie but will kids now a days know who he is, because I remember those toys dying out when I was a kid.
          Visit my Website

Comment

I had one when I was a kid, I loved it. I can't quite figure how to make a movie out of it though lol
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That was one of my favorite toys as a kid.

Even if the movie sucks, maybe at least they'll bring the toy back.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
                That was one of my favorite toys as a kid.

Even if the movie sucks, maybe at least they'll bring the toy back.
                i know for a fact you can get stretch armstrong style homer simpsons for some reason,

i had one when i was a kid i was always really annoyed that i couldn't have one of the villians aswell (the ones that would streth and stay stetched until you clicked the valve) because they were more expensive
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X