Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Know that You're Over Stargate When You...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Know that You're Over Stargate When You...

I used to live eat breath and drink Stargate (case in point the floor to near-ceiling scale model of Chyenne Mountain in my living room), but now I've realized that I'm pretty much over it. Last night I didn't dream about Stargate, but rather Battlestar: Galactica, and that I had a conversation with the Final member of the Final Five.

So what are the (humorous and funny) Signs, Portents and Indicators that you, or a person in general, is over Stargate? (Think the 'You Know Your a Gatehead When' thread...)
    Last edited by HAL2100; 13 February 2009, 10:38 AM.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
    I used to live eat breath and drink Stargate (case in point the floor to near-ceiling scale model of Chyenne Mountain in my living room), but now I've realized that I'm pretty much over it. Last night I didn't dream about Stargate, but rather Battlestar: Galactica, and that I had a conversation with the Final member of the Final Five.

So what are the Signs, Portents and Indicators that you, or a person in general, is over Stargate?
    I think, if someone is 'over' stargate, if there is such a thing, they won't be on GW enough to post here

Comment

So what are the Signs, Portents and Indicators that you, or a person in general, is over Stargate?
      That doesn't mean you're over stargate, just that your IQ has dropped. Don't worry, we at gateworld can help you get it back up again!
      Spoiler:
      Insanity Quotient
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
      Originally posted by Jonzey
      Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Depends on how 'over' you mean? It depends on what you liked most about it... whether you love scifi shows, or just stargate, or were a big RDA fan. I think an indicator would be if you're a huge fan, and you start ebaying your stargate stuff, you're over it.

And then it would depend if you're a fan that watches and talks about the show on boards like this, or is actively creative (fan fiction, art, etc.) or if you do conventions religiously or just one or two.

Hmm, let's say if you were a die-hard fan, you know you're over it when someone else says "Eh, that episode sucked" and you don't fly off the handle telling them to stuff it where the sun don't shine cuz obviously they don't know quality, etc. etc.

But in your case, hey, just the normal reaction of a fan who still like SG, but also has room enough for other shows too

Comment

People! This was not intended as a discussion about if people get over Stargate. It was intended as a humorous list of indicators that a person is over it - similar to the You Know Your A Gatehead When thread. It is in the FUN and GAMES thread...
          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

*facepalm*

This thread is depressing!

Comment

People! This was not intended as a discussion about if people get over Stargate. It was intended as a humorous list of indicators that a person is over it - similar to the You Know Your A Gatehead When thread. It is in the FUN and GAMES thread...
              Except the "You Know You're A Gatehead When" thread happens to be the exact opposite...

Comment

Working...
              X