This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wachowskis linked with Superman trilogy

The Wachowski Brothers have been offered the chance to direct a new Superman trilogy, according to Ain't It Cool News.

Speaking at the Berlin Film Festival, frequent Wachowski collaborator James McTeigue (V For Vendetta) said that Warner Bros has approached the pair about steering the superhero franchise after Superman Returns helmer Bryan Singer declined an offer to reboot the series.

McTeigue, who has worked with the Matrix pair on six movies, admitted that he is enthusiastic about the prospect of the brothers working on a new Superman, but said that they are still considering the offer.

The Wachowskis, who last directed Speed Racer, also have comic book adaptation Plastic Man lined up. McTeigue added that he will likely direct Plastic Man and provide second unit support on Superman should the brothers decide to helm the latter movie.

The Superman franchise has grossed more than $800 million since the release of the first Christopher Reeve-led adventure in 1978.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...n-trilogy.html

Wow, very interesting news.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Plastic Man. A hilarious movie if done right.
      Superman a la Matrix... Neo was basically Superman anyway. The problem with Returns was too much focus on the character at the expense of character and action. Maybe some hyper-action from the W Bros will be a good thing, combined with a well-balanced script.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

SUPERMAN UNLEASHED is one Superman reboot pitch

But we know nothing about it, other than it’s listed on the “in development” page at the Legendary Pictures official website (though the site has to be hacked to be found) and that it’s being billed as a sequel to SUPERMAN RETURNS.

“Ramping up the action of its esteemed predecessor, the sequel to ‘Superman Returns’ promises to raise the stakes and take the audience to heights of action that no other superhero movie can achieve.”

We don’t know who pitched it (maybe Singer?) or what it’s about but it’s just one of what you would think are many Superman related project pitches turned into the studio over the past six months since the studio confirmed they were inviting scripts from anyone with a good idea for either reboots or sequels.

Wish I could be a fly on the wall at the WB offices, hearing conversations about the pro’s and con’s of each individual pitch.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...boot-pitch.php

Comment

All I know is that I want to see the Man of Steel back on the big screen.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            SUPERMAN UNLEASHED is one Superman reboot pitch

But we know nothing about it, other than it’s listed on the “in development” page at the Legendary Pictures official website (though the site has to be hacked to be found) and that it’s being billed as a sequel to SUPERMAN RETURNS.

“Ramping up the action of its esteemed predecessor, the sequel to ‘Superman Returns’ promises to raise the stakes and take the audience to heights of action that no other superhero movie can achieve.”

We don’t know who pitched it (maybe Singer?) or what it’s about but it’s just one of what you would think are many Superman related project pitches turned into the studio over the past six months since the studio confirmed they were inviting scripts from anyone with a good idea for either reboots or sequels.

Wish I could be a fly on the wall at the WB offices, hearing conversations about the pro’s and con’s of each individual pitch.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...boot-pitch.php
            Oh I hope it's not a sequel. Superman Returns was enjoyable, but not great. And I hope they don't have superkid back.

The thing with Superman is there's such a rich vein of other good guys and bad guys to draw from, but the movies rarely take advantage of that. It could just end up as Superman Vs Lex and a crazy scheme, when it could be Superman plus his not-quite-good-enough-to-warrant-a-movie-of-their-own allies Vs Something more dangerous than Lex Luthor.

The animated stuff delves into this stuff much more (from what I've seen) and if they could make a live action movie along those lines it would be fantastic.

But if the Wachowskis do a trilogy, I bet the first will be brilliant, the second will be so-so, and the third will be so mind numbingly bad it makes you want to kill yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
              Oh I hope it's not a sequel. Superman Returns was enjoyable, but not great. And I hope they don't have superkid back.

But if the Wachowskis do a trilogy, I bet the first will be brilliant, the second will be so-so, and the third will be so mind numbingly bad it makes you want to kill yourself.
              I actually wouldn't mind at all the first new film being a sequel to Superman Returns. It should at least acknowledge the events from that movie IMO.

As for the Wachowskis trilogy, I'll remain positive for the time being.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I actually wouldn't mind at all the first new film being a sequel to Superman Returns. It should at least acknowledge the events from that movie IMO.

As for the Wachowskis trilogy, I'll remain positive for the time being.
                I just wouldn't want it to follow a story about Superman's Superson with Superpowers. At all. It was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                X