massive ZPM loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

massive ZPM loss

i just finished the last SGA episode and what occured to me is that there were FIVE Zpm's lost(or nearly depleted) in a single episode, which sounds a little excessive to me

ZPM number 1: the ZPM that was powering the chair weapon in area 51
    ZPM numbers 2-4: the ZPM's that were powering atlantis were nearly depleted by the battle with the superhive
    ZPM number 5: the one abourd the superhive

i remember the olden days

It was never stated that the ZPM powering the chair is gone. Its definatly within the realm of possibility but we currently don't know. There has to be at least one ZPM working or the city wouldn't be able to cloak. No arguements on the SuperHive ZPM.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
      ZPM numbers 2-4: the ZPM's that were powering atlantis were nearly depleted by the battle with the superhive
      Actually, those apparently still have enough power to get Atlantis back to the Pegasus galaxy, once the engines and shields are repaired.

SHEPPARD: Take your time. The city's pretty banged up. Even with the ZeePMs we're not going anywhere for a while.
      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

I think there was only the chair and probably the Drones (considering the reason why the tech was removed from Antarctica) at Area 51 in EATG as in The Road Not Taken it looked like the platform thing that O'Neill placed the ZPM into in The Lost City wasn't present, I doubt they could extract that platform thing as it looks like a solid part of the Ancient outpost.
        The outpost's ZPM could still have been at the Ancient outpost, Drones can I think be engaged by the chair anywhere on Earth so they'd just need to take the Drones and chair to Area 51, hook up a Naqueda reactor or two to the actual chair and the rest should IMO work fine as if everything was together in the outpost.

With that and the fact that it was not mentioned that the city's ZPMs were completely depleted the only ZPM to definitely be gone was the one on the Hive.

Comment

i just finished the last SGA episode and what occured to me is that there were FIVE Zpm's lost(or nearly depleted) in a single episode, which sounds a little excessive to me

ZPM number 1: the ZPM that was powering the chair weapon in area 51
          ZPM number 5: the one abourd the superhive

i remember the olden days
          One the chair ZPM was not destroyed. It's very hard to destroy a ZPM. The ZPM's powering Atlantis were not depleted. That was never stated. Now the one on the SuperHive yeah it's gone.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

it wasnt depleted?
            wasnt it stated that the shields of the ancients were tied to the shield power meaning that they wouldnt collapse untill all energy was gone?

Comment

it wasnt depleted?
              wasnt it stated that the shields of the ancients were tied to the shield power meaning that they wouldnt collapse untill all energy was gone?
              In one of the many other - recently merged - threads on the matter, yes.

The only other reasons they'd fail; being totally overpowered by a massive assault, or physical damage to the emitters.

Like I said, this has been discussed to death here so maybe a little search-n-learn?
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

it wasnt depleted?
                The shields didn't collapse.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

the shields almost collapsed, one more hit would have destroyed the shield

Comment

Until season 5, Atlantis' shields stayed up as long as there was power. This has been changed slightly since the mid-season two parter where they collapsed the shield around the gate and the emitters failed without running out of energy. Then in 'Enemy at the Gate' they established that powerful enough weapons will lower the shields even if the ZPM(s) still have power.

Comment

okay, guess i didnt keep up with the new info

Comment

No if there is power the shield will stay up in defenetly and the wormehole drive pretty much depleted the ZPM:s.
                        There was only about 1/4 ZPM power left in the city when she landed on earth.
                        sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                          No if there is power the shield will stay up in defenetly and the wormehole drive pretty much depleted the ZPM:s.
                          There was only about 1/4 ZPM power left in the city when she landed on earth.
                          They flew the city with one partially depleted ZPM before, the only reason it didn't get them to the location was because of damage sustained by the replicator beam....that ZPM had been used for a while I could imagine it was at 3/4 power and as for the minimum power to jump to hyperspace from First Strike, Adrift and Lifeline it was seen to be at around 1/3 from my memory.

So even if the wormhole drive severely depleted 1 or 2 ZPM's they still only need one to get back to Pegasus.
                          I believe among your people it is customary to shake hands....... Just a little Wraith humor

Sig thanks to geekywraith *big hugs*

Comment

The last ZPM is probobley half full and they are cuting it close if atlantis goes back to pegasus.
                            sigpic

Comment

The last one is about half full and they would cut it close if Atlantis returned to pegasus.
                              I think that we will get our answers in the movie.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X