FX develops superhero comic 'Powers'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FX develops superhero comic 'Powers'

FX is developing a pilot adaptation of Brian Michael Bendis's superhero comic Powers, reports MTV.

Speaking at the New York Comic Con, Bendis revealed that he recently turned in a script and is awaiting feedback from the network.

He said: "Next week I'll get the notes, and as long as they don't involve sock puppets and some sort of orgy scene that I'm not interested in, then hopefully it will go in the right direction."

The writer described FX as a "very smart network" and declared that it is the "right place" to set up a live-action version of his continuing comic book saga.

Powers centres on homicide detectives Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim who are assigned to cases involving superheroes.

Bendis added that he was relieved his comic was being adapted for TV after years of failed attempts to turn it into a movie.

"We had to sit through waves of screenplays that were just inappropriate for the product, and for fans of the book," Bendis explained. "There were whole drafts of the screenplay without Deena in them. They'd hand me the screenplay and go, 'What's wrong with this?' and I'd go 'He has no-one to talk to!'"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a14...ic-powers.html

Should be nice. The show might have a chance on FX.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Should be nice. The show might have a chance on FX.
      Yeah, more of a chance than on a lot of other networks.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

FX did The Shield. Powers is a bit like that, but with superpowers.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          FX did The Shield. Powers is a bit like that, but with superpowers.
          The Shield with superpowers? Interesting.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

More “Powers” talk with FX’s John Landgraf

You may remember that, back in August, I spoke with John Landgraf, FX’s President and General Manager of FX, to get the latest update on the network’s attempts to transition Brian Michael Bendis’s “Powers” from comic book to the small screen. At the time, he could only reconfirm that it was in development, adding, “We’ve seen a draft of the script, we’ve given the notes on it, and we’re waiting on another draft.”

So what’s the latest update? Is “Powers” dead at FX?

It is not.

“We have a new writer who came in and who’s working with Brian Bendis,” Landgraf confirmed. “He’s a really, really good writer who got really excited about the project. He came in, and they pitched us a new take. Because part of what you’re trying to do with ‘Powers’…and I think I said this to you when I talked to you before…is that you have a great property, a really robust property, but it has to be adapted to become a weekly television series. So you’re asking yourself the question, ‘What stays and what goes?’ For example, the Retro Girl murder story: should that whole story be told in the pilot, or do we introduce it and tell it later? But the new writer and Brian have got a good take on it. They came in about two months ago and pitched what they were doing, and it was great.”

continues:
            http://www.premiumhollywood.com/2010...john-landgraf/

Comment

Wow. Developments almost a year later.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Sweet! I never did read Powers but it always looked so interesting to me! I cannot wait for this!

Comment

The series finally found its way to the television screen, via the Sony Playstation network. The reviews are mixed. Any Gateworlders watched it? Liked it? Is it worth our time?

http://www.tvrage.com/powers-2014

Comment

Working...
                  X