Hyperspace Towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperspace Towing

We know that a ship can open a hyperspace window and allow another to follow but does this require some kind of modification or does the second ship just have to be close behind to also make it in. In the lost tribe the traveler ship just seemed to open a regular window and with the daedalus right behind them they made it in aswell. We know from the meteor that the window must be big enough so does that mean as long as what they're towing is as large or smaller than the leading ship that another can follow them through without any other modifications.

i just think you have to keep the window open a little longer, so that the next ship won't be sliced in half.
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
      i just think you have to keep the window open a little longer, so that the next ship won't be sliced in half.
      You have to do that and expand your hyperdrive field. I believe that was what Carter did to pull the asteroid into hyperspace.

Dr. Daedalus
      God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
      Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

yea, just create a bigger hyperfield to encompass both ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
          You have to do that and expand your hyperdrive field. I believe that was what Carter did to pull the asteroid into hyperspace.

Dr. Daedalus
          Yeah I think that sounds right, I also recall in The Lost Tribe it being mentioned about expanding the Traveler ship's hyperspace field to accommodate the Daedalus's larger size.

In Unnatural Selection I think Thor actual said his ship would tractor the Prometheus and that would effect the speed of his ship (probably due to Prometheus being of weaker construction and not being able to take the intense speeds of the Asgard's fastest hyperspace tech), but since that ship was like 3 or 4 times the size of Prometheus the field would have been more than large enough to accommodate our ship.

Comment

the beliskner is big enough for the Prometheus to LAND on it

Comment

If the ships are abaut the same zize you juste have to have it open a little longer.
              But if the ship that's engeaning it's hyperdrive is smaller then the ship in tow you hafe to modyfy it. And if the ship is towing another smaller vessel you just open the hyperdrive.
              sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

I think it depends on if you're planning to tow a ship through hyperspace, or just have it shoot through real fast. If the latter, just expand the field and momentum takes care of the trip. For towing like the Beliskner and Prometheus, I think you need to not only grab the ship, but also do something to one or both hyperdrives so they play nicely with each other.
                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                Zatnikitelman

Comment

You may want to check this thread. It's related to hyperspace tugging.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

It was actually an O'Neill-class ship that towed the Prometheus in ''Unnatural Selection''.
                    Yes to all of the above, but the hyperspace window also most be kept open long enough.
                    Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Yeah I think so 'cos a hyperspace window is just like a wormhole really.
                      SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
                      LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
                      READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
                      Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

To be honest, the FLT propulsion system used in Stargate is a mixture of hyperspace, warp and wormholes.

Comment

Working...
                        X