• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colour of Energy Weapons

Asgard Beam - White/Blue
    Ronan’s Gun – Red
    Aliens from Daedalus variations – Green
    Asuran Satellite Weapon – Red

Does a colour of a enemy weapon, may it be Ha’taks energy weapons or traveller’s energy weapons which are usually red determine the power/strenght or range of any weapon?
    Last edited by VSHARMA; 15 February 2009, 05:18 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

The plasma beam weapons are blue, and no I don't think it makes a difference, I think the asgard were blue because that is the exact opposite color of orange the goauld color and this was before we really saw any other advanced races so the writers wanted to set up a contrast.

Comment

Mainly its only a different color depending on the power source and the color of crystals...or just the power source.

Comment

Up 'n close the Agard beams are white/blue as seen in Enemy At The Gate.
        sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

the APBW's have a white core with a blue halo.

all asgard tech is blue/white.

it has NOTHING to do with power, just like engine color has NOTHING to do with type of engine. all it means is the techbase. which means Traveller tech is vastly different from asgard tech, but closer to goauld tech and ancient tech. goauld and ancients use yellow/orange, supporting the fact that the goauld ripped off ancient tech. the lanteans were somewhat different with the blue jumper pods, but i blame different type of engine. what else was blue?

dakara. but then again, the ARG was blue too: and white/silver, indicating the use of asgard knowledge to buid a weapon based on an ancient principe. after all, the asgard already tried making an ARG, so oneill only had to perfect it.

it makes us capable of determining, "thats goauld, thats ancient, thats asgard."

for example: Aris Boch (sg1) had goauld tech, but used a red forcefield. and his weapon fired blue beams. so its not supertight, as some types of tech mess up the color thing.

the Langrangean Point Defence Sattelite ( The Siege) fired a green beam.

the Trinity Weapon fired blue pulses.

but Arcturus was yellow/orange.

still get my point? there is a general guideline with exceptions.

lantean tech is mostly aurora-colored, but atlantis is silver. and the Pegasgard used lantean colors, indicating they either copied lantean tech, or the asgard initially had much more lantean-like tech.

Comment

The langaran satelite weapon was yelow
            sigpic

Comment

green.

Comment

Comment

Lime.
                  Originally posted by Craig Charles
                  "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Yes lime i saw wrong
                    sigpic

Comment

chartruese

Comment

Oh be quiet the lot of you.

Comment

In some cases Colour can be used to estimate temperature (for example blue stars are hotter than yellow ones like our sun) ,see Black Body and Stellar_classification.
                          However there are many ways to get certain colour without reaching high temperatures therefore colour is not a reliable way to estimate firepower of weapons.
                          Last edited by ggf31416; 07 February 2009, 06:51 PM.

Comment

right.

so no: colors of energy weapons dont show their strenght

Comment

In the show there may be some weak correlation, but I doubt there's any real scientific basis for it (since we don't understand their beam weapons). Going by lasers for instance: if you had the right type of laser, the colour (whether blue or red) wouldn't drastically affect the damage done if the overall power output is the same.
                              The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Working...
                              X