Whitestar vs. Apollo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitestar vs. Apollo

Well, there are a few vs. threads around at the moment, and it's a darn shame nobody does any B5 ships anymore, so here it is. And I used Apollo since I'm tired of seeing Daedalus all over.

Now, here's a link to the Whitestar specs:

http://www.b5tech.com/isa/whitestar/whitestar.html

It may be a little pre-mature to say, but my money is riding on the whitestar. It's version of "shields" seem uniquelly suited to dispersing beam weapons, and it's electronic warfare is generation ahead of anything we have (or will have for a hundred years going by the show).

it looks more manuverable then the apollo but the Apollo only needs to land one hit.
    sigpic
    Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
    STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

in the end, it all comes down to who has better shields. i say the Apollo win, but i haven't watched B5, and haven't seen a Whitestar in action.
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

sorry to disturbe you all here, but:

PLEASE, stop doing this (comparing things from one - not even related (as in: SpinOff or so) - show with another, it does simply not work...)

greetings LAX
        ps: discuss on (just wanted to dropp my five cents)
        pps: watched B5 (all episodes) and i have to say to the post with shields: the whitestar does not have any kind of shield! (it has a semi-organic hull with a defense grid being able to withstand certain kinds of energy and it can adappt to new forms after being exposed to them) as for being manouverable: it has a gravitational drive and is very manouverable (highly so, the ship is in the show described and shown as having the firepower of a battleship (or cruiser) packed into an almost fighter like, small package)

Comment

it says vorlon shields on the defence specs, but hey, i haven't watched it.
          sigpic

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by IMDB
          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
          Hehe

Comment

The shields are really a layer of gravoitational stress around the ship, their seen in action several times.

Comment

I think Apollo could have a tough time trying to land a shot with the APBWs on the Whitestar after what I remember of how that thing moved in B5, nukes are equally pretty slow so the only thing I can see being of much use to the Apollo would be Rail Guns which I think could do some damage, but with Whitestar's reactive armor stuff it would probably heal and adapt pretty quickly.
              Apollo may land a few shots with the APBWs and I think they could tare through Whitestar's armor pretty easily if they managed a direct or even partial hit probably destroying it.
              Since Apollo has the Asgard shields which I think could withstand Whitestar's weapons fire I'd give the battle to Apollo, but it would take some time and IMO only just clinch it.

Comment

I'll go for the white star. More manoeurvable and it's weapons are powerful.

As was said above, a battle cruiser with fighter mobility.

You got to love those plucked chickens.

Comment

I would have to say the Apollo cause of the Asgard weapon system and its shield. The Apollo also has the Horizon weapon system which carries 9(I think) Mark IX Warheads.

Comment

The Whitestar has mimbary sensor jamming through, and in B5 it confused Earth sensors so much it made their ships efectively invisible to sensors.

So hiting it with would be a big problem, especially with those big anti-planetary warheards, which will just get shot down.

Comment

in early seasons, that is right, but not during the earth civil war and later on (all those ships involved could shoot at each other well enough and there were a whole lot of whitestars under ranger command involved!)

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                        in early seasons, that is right, but not during the earth civil war and later on (all those ships involved could shoot at each other well enough and there were a whole lot of whitestars under ranger command involved!)

greetings LAX
                        Yes, but humanity in the SGverse has never faced them, and is totaly unprepared for it. The question is hwther the asgard sensors rely on fundamentaly diferent methoods of operation that they would not be afected by the jaming?

Comment

Working...
                        X