Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate/Halo Cross-Over: Who would kick who's butt and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate/Halo Cross-Over: Who would kick who's butt and why?

Say by some improbable cosmic twist of fate the Stargate universe and the Halo universe some how merge. What factions( SG:C, Atlantis, Gaould, Asgard, Wraith, Ancient, UNSC, Covenant, Flood , Forerunner etc...) would win in an all out war and why? Bear in mind the different technologies, tactics, and resources of all factions.

Ancients. Time travel > All
    Originally posted by Craig Charles
    "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Any current stargate race could easily contend with the UNSC or the Covenant, they may have trouble with the Forerunner (if they weren't all dead) or the Flood.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I what would happen if the replicators went up against the covenant or the flood.....

that would be interesting to watch!
        Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Hmmm..... I wouldn't be too sure about most races in the Gate-verse easily going toe to toe with some of the races in the Halo-verse.

UNSC: Although technologically lacking in many respects compared to their multi-universal rivals, the humans in the Halo-verse are highly trained, relying more on advanced battle tactics than technology, and despite terrible losses against the Covenant have been able to inflict considerable damage on their enemy. Although UNSC ships lack Shields and plasma weapons they are able to hold their own against more advanced ships, at least for a little while. Developing heavily armored ships with heavily reinforced super structures, human frigates and cruisers are able to take significant plasma pulse weapons fire, plasma beam weapons........not so much. UNSC ships are also equipped with powerful magnetic accelerator cannons( essentially giant coil guns firing massive slugs at hypersonic speeds), capable of bringing down Covenant shields with several well placed shots. Specialized programs developed by the UNSCs Office of Naval Intelligence, like the Spartan-2 and Spartan-3 super-soldiers have been responsible for many victories against the Covent's single minded pursuit of galactic genocide. The combined forces of the UNSCs fleet, marines, and Spartan super soldiers are incredibly formidable despite their technological deficiencies.

I'll type up a profile on the Covenant, Forrunner, and Flood in a bit. BSGs on.
          Last edited by Lantien84; 06 February 2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I think that, if replicators are included, they would probably be the only enemy of the Flood. If anything, the two eneimes would be locked in a massive staelmate; Flood wouldn't be able to take replicator ships and visa versa.
            If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
            sigpic

Comment

if the flood and reps alied eveyone would be totaly screwed.

The problem with these scenarios is that some factions would have no reason to fight each other
              the UNSC and Tauri would ally bbeing the same race from alt universes and all earth alies would be okay with unsc the jaffa and ori followers would be verry anti covenant (after being exploited by gould/ori)
              and the forerunners would have little reason to fight say the asgard or lantians

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
                if the flood and reps alied eveyone would be totaly screwed.

The problem with these scenarios is that some factions would have no reason to fight each other
                the UNSC and Tauri would ally bbeing the same race from alt universes and all earth alies would be okay with unsc the jaffa and ori followers would be verry anti covenant (after being exploited by gould/ori)
                and the forerunners would have little reason to fight say the asgard or lantians
                So just to clarfiy, the team senarios would be like this:

Tauri/humans ( + free jaffa) + UNSC = allies

Jaffa + ori followers + covenant = enemies

forerunners + asgard + ancients = netral

replicators + flood = allies = everybody screwed!

Sorry for having to paraphrase you like this, it was just to make sure I had it clearly.
                sigpic

Comment

Replicators will kill all lol ...atleast without something unnameable.

Comment

the replicators will uberly own all.

Comment

The Replicators would probably create humanforms to communicate with Gravemind, and the two sides would most-certainly become allies; they share the same goal (wiping out and assimilating all higher life), and they cannot do anything to each other (the Replicators only really have an interest in synthetics and technology and the Flood only has an interest in organics).

The UNSC and the Tau'ri would most-likely team up, utilizing the Stargate Earth's ships to devastate the enemy and the Halo Earth's armies to rip apart ground forces.

Should the Forerunners/Ancients still be around, the two groups would find an almost 100% idealogical matchup. Our ascended would undoubtedly share the secrets of the higher planes with their cross-dimensional brothers, and they would both probably end up watching the whole conflict from above. If neither decided to ascend, though, they could easily take out any other group of races with their combined military and technological might.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The ori and the covenant are so simmilier they would almost certinaly be enemies. their both compleatly devoted to their religion and believe everything outside it is wrong.

I'm still trying to work out where the wraith would fit into all this...
                        sigpic

Comment

the ori would uberly own anyone.

USCN would produce Tauri tech, making both sides uberly powerfull: Tauri tech and USCN production

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            The Replicators would probably create humanforms to communicate with Gravemind, and the two sides would most-certainly become allies; they share the same goal (wiping out and assimilating all higher life), and they cannot do anything to each other (the Replicators only really have an interest in synthetics and technology and the Flood only has an interest in organics).

The UNSC and the Tau'ri would most-likely team up, utilizing the Stargate Earth's ships to devastate the enemy and the Halo Earth's armies to rip apart ground forces.

Should the Forerunners/Ancients still be around, the two groups would find an almost 100% idealogical matchup. Our ascended would undoubtedly share the secrets of the higher planes with their cross-dimensional brothers, and they would both probably end up watching the whole conflict from above. If neither decided to ascend, though, they could easily take out any other group of races with their combined military and technological might.

Well, for one the replicators nor the flood seek to destroy higher life forms...in fact quite the opposite. The replicators see it as bettering themselves by learning the technologies and consuming natural resources, it's just we choose to fight them instead of relocating billions (makes sense). the flood on the other hand, need organic, sentient life as a host or supplement. The extinction of sentient life comes along with the package.
                            Tauri and Halo-Earth would likely unite yes, but i dought they would make an impact against the replicators or the flood. The humans united would go toe to toe against the covenant, with the covenant dominating soloely because of their numbers. A faction that has been left out though is the wraith, who with enough resources would also go toe to toe with humanity and the covenant. The ori would probably dominate any war if they could produce ships with consistency and efficiency, which they probably couldn't so that would rule them out.
                            The ancients,IMO, are way more advanced than the forerunners. But im more than sure that the two would ally and ascend..then watch us kick eachothers butt's for years on end.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon_Heart View Post
                              Well, for one the replicators nor the flood seek to destroy higher life forms...in fact quite the opposite. The replicators see it as bettering themselves by learning the technologies and consuming natural resources, it's just we choose to fight them instead of relocating billions (makes sense). the flood on the other hand, need organic, sentient life as a host or supplement. The extinction of sentient life comes along with the package.
                              Tauri and Halo-Earth would likely unite yes, but i dought they would make an impact against the replicators or the flood. The humans united would go toe to toe against the covenant, with the covenant dominating soloely because of their numbers. A faction that has been left out though is the wraith, who with enough resources would also go toe to toe with humanity and the covenant. The ori would probably dominate any war if they could produce ships with consistency and efficiency, which they probably couldn't so that would rule them out.
                              The ancients,IMO, are way more advanced than the forerunners. But im more than sure that the two would ally and ascend..then watch us kick eachothers butt's for years on end.
                              So basically, in any eventuallity, humanity's going to sunff it.

RIP Humanity
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X