Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgraded 304 (with the beams) Vs The Scimitar (Star Trek: Nemisis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded 304 (with the beams) Vs The Scimitar (Star Trek: Nemisis)

The title is self explanatory, who win in a straight fight in the middle of space. All abilities of the ships can be used so the 304 can using beaming and the Scimitar has the Thalaron radiation weapon although I doubt either would be effective. Beaming wouldn't go through the Scimitar shields and the Thalaron weapon would make the Scimitar a bigger target...

My opinion is that the Scimitar's cloak and Maneuverability would allow it to win out over the 304.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

If the 304's the Odyssey it to has a cloak.
    Originally posted by Craig Charles
    "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
      If the 304's the Odyssey it to has a cloak.
      Which would be pointless as then it would have no shields and be unable to fire the beams. If it cloaks the Scimitar is going to fire a spread of torpedoes and take it out.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

If the Scimitar cloaks dissapearing railgun fire's going to show it up. Then you can box it in with 4 simultanious beams.
        "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

If the Scimitar cloaks dissapearing railgun fire's going to show it up. Then you can box it in with 4 simultanious beams.
          Its going to be moving fast though I'm not sure if the 304 will be able to hit it before it moves.

Comment

Play like you have been disabeld and when she decloaks you target the bridge and fier up those beams!!!
            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

In Unending the beams fire pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                Play like you have been disabeld and when she decloaks you target the bridge and fier up those beams!!!
                She wouldn't need to decloak, the Scimitar can fire when cloaked it would keep circling and pounding the 304.

In Unending the beams fire pretty quick.
                Not as fast as phasers and only in one direction.

Comment

I would say the Scimitar would own the any normal 304s.
                  The odyssey is one hell of a powerful vessel, through, but those Ori war ships probably drained the power of the zpm substantially. It the only vessel and apart from Atlantis herself that would stand chance, even then they probably have to resought to the ram tactic. Through a few more rail guns on the 304 they could probably use them to continually target the Scimitar but the Asgard beams are to slow to hit the vessel, the fact we only ever seem the fire forward does not bold well for the odyssey.
                  Plus we do not know what kind of mission the odyssey was sent on.

I would say just like the Scimitar can owned everything apart from a borg tactical cube and species 8472 vessels in both universe.

Comment

The 304 would win. We are talking about a ship with the latest Asgard technology. That means that its shields, sensors, and weapons are all superior to pretty much any Star Trek ship. The 304 could do what the Enterprise did by using its railguns to pinpoint the Scimitar and then open up on it with their main weapons. The 304 would own the Scimitar.

Dr. Daedalus
                    God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                    Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

The odyssey would so own the Scimitar, with a ZPM its shields incredably resiliant and by firing all rail guns in different directions they would eventually land a hit and leave it vanerable to the Odyssey's vastly superior asgard beam weapons. they could also beam a few Mark IX's into space and the resaulting blast waves would defanitly expose the scimitar.
                      Last edited by General_Finley; 05 February 2009, 05:32 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                      STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        I would say the Scimitar would own the any normal 304s.
                        The odyssey is one hell of a powerful vessel, through, but those Ori war ships probably drained the power of the zpm substantially. It the only vessel and apart from Atlantis herself that would stand chance, even then they probably have to resought to the ram tactic. Through a few more rail guns on the 304 they could probably use them to continually target the Scimitar but the Asgard beams are to slow to hit the vessel, the fact we only ever seem the fire forward does not bold well for the odyssey.
                        Plus we do not know what kind of mission the odyssey was sent on.

I would say just like the Scimitar can owned everything apart from a borg tactical cube and species 8472 vessels in both universe.
                        In Search and Rescue the Daedalus is banking hard to the left and still fires a beam at what's probably a 180 degree angle, if not more (the Daedalus goes offscreen when it fires). I don't think line of sight would be an issue.

I've never watched anything that had the Scimitar in it, so I can't really weigh in on the match, though I think that the Odyssey would rape anything in Star Trek. Don't forget that Stargate has phase shifting technology as well, which could easily be applied to a 304. That would give them the ultimate upper hand.

Comment

And in Unending they fire in sweeping arcs (forward, down and to the right, straight down..).

Comment

This isn't about the Odyssesy, its a standard 304. A standard 304 would get owned it wouldn't be fast enough.

Comment

Yes but a ordinary 304 is to outmatched to even be funny. The Odyssey is the only real competitor.

Comment

Working...
                              X