This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE CROSS - futuristic sci-fi movie

Orlando Bloom will topline THE CROSS, a $24 million sci-fi escape story that sounds a little like LOGAN’S RUN and THE ISLAND.

The movie is set way into the future and Bloom plays a guy who desperately wants to become the first man to cross a mysterious border. Vincent Cassel from EASTERN PROMISES and OCEAN’S TWELVE is the man who attempts to stop him.

BOND girl Olga Kurleynko plays the lead female, presumably the girl Bloom takes with him on his journey.

Andrew Niccol (LORD OF WAR, GATTACA) will write and direct.

We shouldn’t forget he also wrote THE TRUMAN SHOW, so you can expect this project to be as genre bending as it probably sounds. Though we need to hear a little more than that brief tease, although you can certainly put me down as being aroused.

Just wish they had picked someone stronger than Bloom to lead.

Variety say THE CROSS is structured as an Australia-France-Germany co-production and is being produced by Bluewater Pics in Sydney, Paris’ Spangherabero Films and Berlin’s Opal Film Produktion

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/olga...-the-cross.php

First off allow me to say any movie with Olga Kurleynko is certainly worth watching in my opinion. But seriously, I just can not escape the feeling that this movie just sounds so generic.

Why, why why why is it so freaking impossible to have something truly original? The whole concept seems just so re-hashed from numerous other films. Honest to god, I probably will watch this just to see Olga Kurleynko.

This is not to say that there is no possibility that the actual execution of this movie could be very original. But let's be realistic, nobody takes chances any more in Hollywood. It is almost safe to assume they will stick to generic formulas. For once in these movies with the guy and girl, can't one of them be gay? Can we have just one movie where the guy and girl don't fall for each other?

Comment

24 million dollars? Unless the director is very creative this is going to look like ****.

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
        Olga Kurleynko
        Wasn't she naked for most of Hitman?
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
          24 million dollars? Unless the director is very creative this is going to look like ****.
          That depends, on what tax credits, how much the actors getting, i would thought bloom wages would be rather large, quarter of the budget, but then again he may of liked the project and doing it cheap or he came to some other arrangement.

But remember this LOR had 3 films each roughly 3 hours long costing 300 million, with extra scenes a combine 10 hours of footage, and Narnia prince Caspian had 210 budget and the film was not anywhere near as big in scale as LOR, yet it was just two hours long. What I am saying is that money does not necessary mean quality. Cgi graphics is highly competitive industry to, and with many studios under cutting each other, films can get very good deal. They all undercut each other to try to turn their company into the next light and magic.

Budget does not tell us much unless we know where it being filmed, Eastern European dead cheap to hire stunt guys, probably less than a hundred dollars a day unlike 1500 in the US for example, cameramen, booking filming locations, also many countries are trying to expand their creative industries and offer large subsidies to attract films.

As to the film, sound like something I herd dozens of times, through it original film first one I read on this site in the last week.
          Last edited by knowles2; 05 February 2009, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X