FRAN, the servant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRAN, the servant

it has been shown in the show that the Atlantis team can create a reliable replicator, so i was thinking, what if the atlantis team made these FRAN's for heavy duty work, or harsh environments, or even as MALPS.

just a thought

its a perfect idea, but the atlantis team is too scared of anything with the word replicator in it.
    even though FRAN was shown to be very helpful.

also, there would be the hassile of the IOA, and if a replicator is technically alive and should not be used as slaves.

once again people's fears getting in the way of logic

Comment

then they would find a way to replacate and we have replacators again

NO WAY

but if that would not happen then it is a great again

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
        it has been shown in the show that the Atlantis team can create a reliable replicator, so i was thinking, what if the atlantis team made these FRAN's for heavy duty work, or harsh environments, or even as MALPS.

just a thought
        FRAN, the servant... good idea...
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
          then they would find a way to replacate and we have replacators again
          The only reason that Replicators replicated is because they had a command in their coding to "be fruitful and multiply," as it were. The Asurans were a threat because they were designed as weapons. If a FRAN were created without the command to self-replicate and with some equivalent of Asimov's three laws (or even just the first), then there would be no danger at all.
          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

FRAN was made without the command to be able to replicate ....so if they did make more FRANS it would be ok just dont group them up and they wont learn how to change their own coding.

Comment

Haven't they abused sentients enough yet.

Comment

they could make them without a accual mind, so that they'll be more like robots. maybe a little more AI so they can deal with unexpected situations. but other than that, they don't need the abillity to behave like a human.
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by IMDB
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

creating a race of slave labour, to do our bidding...have we not evolved past this yet?

sigpic

Comment

it's just machines, like any industrial robot, as long as we don't give it a consciousness.
                    sigpic

Spoiler:
                    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                    Hehe

Comment

I can imagine that capability being abused in disgusting ways. I mean scientists can be pretty lonely guys.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

and im sure the general public and also the military wouldnt abuse it right lol?????
                        im guessing they would so maybe form them into a different form than a human form because all that is standing in the way of us looking at them just because we think the human form no matter what it is made of has more of an influence on us. Maybe a pack of replicator dogs that could be 24/7 guards hehe.

Comment

oh ffs... you can make... inaccurate... models
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                            The only reason that Replicators replicated is because they had a command in their coding to "be fruitful and multiply," as it were. The Asurans were a threat because they were designed as weapons. If a FRAN were created without the command to self-replicate and with some equivalent of Asimov's three laws (or even just the first), then there would be no danger at all.
                            Until this Fran realizes that she can change her own basic code. Asimov's robots occasionally learned (or were persuaded) to obviate, directly disregard or reinterprete the Three Laws in such ways as to defy their intended meaning. They also managed to add to themselves a Zero Law- "A robot may not injure humanity, or, through inaction, allow humanity to come to harm".
                            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by striker7770 View Post
                              its a perfect idea, but the atlantis team is too scared of anything with the word replicator in it.
                              even though FRAN was shown to be very helpful.

also, there would be the hassile of the IOA, and if a replicator is technically alive and should not be used as slaves.

once again people's fears getting in the way of logic
                              it is not (it does not even have feelings and such, as mckay has stripped down its programm to the barest minimum)....as for havy duty work or even more as battle droids (with shield an such) and malp:

why not rebuild the REESE frame (the creator android of the asgard-replicators - scematics should be in the asgard core!)

(of course one would have to upgrade the frame with weapons, a harder, more sturdy hull (not to be destroyed/damaged by a shotgun) and such)

even more so as scientists even thought about that in Avalon (part one i think) they talked to mitchel (he should request one for "his" SG-1) in order to get funding for the project.

for me this would be the ideal sollution (even more: download the consciousness of an SG-Soldier into it and then use it and if it is destroyed/damaged copy the consciousness back, in order not to loose valuable troop lives)

greetings LAX
                              ps: would like such a body (does not die of old age, does not grow frail, gets no wrinkles....but i would even more like a replicator one as that is virtually indestructable without a pulse wave gun (and that can be shielded against

Comment

Working...
                              X