RDA, McGruber/Pepsi/Superbowl spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDA, McGruber/Pepsi/Superbowl spots

i think he did but im not sure, does someone here see that show because i dont, only thing i know is that macgruber bit they do.
    Last edited by Duneknight; 01 February 2009, 12:19 PM.
    sigpic

RDA appeared in 3 MacGruber bits last night. If you're in the states, you can watch them on hulu.com.

Here's the link to the first one.

The writing is meh so the skits are pretty meh. Great to see RDA, though.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
      RDA appeared in 3 MacGruber bits last night. If you're in the states, you can watch them on hulu.com.

Here's the link to the first one.

The writing is meh so the skits are pretty meh. Great to see RDA, though.
      Cool. they weren't up on Hulu earlier when I looked. To my knowledge, he hasn't done SNL before, but I suppose you can check his IMDB resume. Yeah, I watched one and cringed at the writing (the reason I haven't watched SNL in eons).

Comment

Awesome, he was in a pepsi commercial using the macgruber skit, I love that skit, and haveing the original in it is purely awesome. just saw it like a minute ago so if I posted this in the wrong thing sorry, but still awesome.

Comment

Huh. I thought it was Bruce Jenner...

das
          sigpic

Comment

Ha RDA and Bruce Jenner....how can they be confused???
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Ha RDA and Bruce Jenner....how can they be confused???
              You've seen one mullet, you've seen 'em all...

das
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.adrants.com/2009/02/macgy...n-saturday.php

So these aren't Super Bowl ads but they are probably better than most of what we'll see during the game. I mean seriously, what's better than MacGyver stuck in a product placement scenario gone bad? Ok, a lot but still. These Saturday Night Live skits are funny and the do a great job illustrating the increasing insanity of product placement.

=============

http://weblogs.redeyechicago.com/sho...ell-pepsi.html

“Saturday Night Live” pimped out Will Forte’s MacGruber character for three 30-second Pepsi ads last night.

At first, I thought they were actually MacGruber skits, where the “MacGyver”-like character tries in vain to defuse a bomb by using everyday materials. When Pepsi figured so heavily in them—to the point of changing MacGruber’s name to Pepsuber—I thought “SNL” was mocking TV shows that integrate product placement into story lines.

The skits were, indeed, real Pepsi ads. And “SNL” appears to mock itself for selling out in them. Which makes the ads kind of brilliant, no?

Richard Dean Anderson, who played the gadget-creating adventurer MacGyver on TV in the 1980s-90s, showed up to criticize the product placement and call MacGruber a sell-out.

==============

http://gothamist.com/2009/02/01/extra_extra_1143.php

Last night's SNL blurred the line between sketch and commercial with a series of MacGruber/Pepsi spots

===========

and there are more at google.com/news, just search for macgruber

Comment

I am able to see the clips on YouTube and Stargate-SG1-Solutions. But here in Canada, they didn't show the clips on the show!!!!
                  MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                  MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                  POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                  CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                  GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                  VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                  FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

They ran a McGruber commercial featuring RDA during the last quarter of the game. It was the greatest commercial of the night. I just hope that Thor beamed him out before the ship he was on blew up

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                      You've seen one mullet, you've seen 'em all...

das
                      Touche!!
                      sigpic

Comment

You can vote for your favorite Superbowl commercial on hulu.com

http://www.hulu.com/superbowl
                        sigpic

Comment

I know they were commercials, And the commercials during the superbowl always seems to be weird. But I have to be honest.

THEY SUCKED! Don't get me wrong. I have been a RDA fan since MacGyver, and I like his style of acting. But seriously folks. I felt those ads were a afront to MacGyver. With that said, it was good to see RDA on TV again. Albeit aged considerably. But with the exception of RDA the whole thing seriously sucked!
                          Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                          End of line.

Comment

That was great. When I saw it I was watching with my brother and I shouted THAT'S RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON!!!!! He just chuckled at me.

Comment

I admit to having a total brain fart cause i watched that episode of SNL and didn't reckonize RDA, only when i watched the "Pepsuber" skits online did it hit me and my brain just exploded!

It's amazing how much weight he's put on since working on Continum.

Comment

Working...
                              X