building stargates in galaxies other than milky way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

building stargates in galaxies other than milky way

im just wondering about the building of stargates in other galaxies, such as pegasus galaxy.

stargates are built using naquada, so im assuming that pegasus is full of it aswell. why do you think there hasnt been any mention of it in the atlantis series. they were always going on about mining for it in sg1.

and also in relation to universe. the ship seeding the stargates throughout the galaxy must have a stargate factory of sorts on board would it not?

any other ideas?

Ofcourse it would have a Stargate factory on board otherwise the ship would have to be possibly thousands of miles long if it's been deploying Stargates in other galaxies for 7 million years (I believe it was launched before the Ancients left for Pegasus.

I don't think the Stargates in Pegasus were made from Naquadah but from another material abundant in Pegasus which would explain why they are astetically different from the MW ones. So they should also be very different in universe aswell.

Also I imagine it would be hard to set up minning operations in Pegasus with Wraith showing up at random intervals and there darts are great when beaming people up and character shields aren't in effect.
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

The pegasus gates are made of naquadah, zelenka mentioned it in 'the lost tribe'.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
        The pegasus gates are made of naquadah, zelenka mentioned it in 'the lost tribe'.
        Yeah I remember that, I think he said it to the Traveler ship captain.
        Neutronium was also in abundance on Asuras and Humans have been able to get that from somewhere which was mentioned to be stored in a warehouse in Outcast (SGA season 4) so I don't think the galaxies we've been to have any unique materials to each other, it's just that people in the Pegasus galaxy who may use Naqueda probably don't call it that and I don't see the Ancients traveling back and forward from the Milky Way to gather Naqueda or carrying thousands of tonnes to make a thousand odd gates in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

I think that, either the Ancients would have had the Pegasus Stargates made in the Milky Way and then transported to PG, or they had some way of 'making' naqudah. It might've existed in Pegasus and they mined it all away.

Comment

no i'ts probably still there. the atlantis expedition just don't have the resources to set up a mine.
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by IMDB
            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
            Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
              no i'ts probably still there. the atlantis expedition just don't have the resources to set up a mine.
              Well they probably could, but without the necessary defenses it would be a bit foolish as the Wraith would just take it out from orbit and if their ships started getting destroyed they'd just send more.
              As for the Ancient making Naqueda that's an interesting idea and they were more than likely capable of it.

I think the best way to mine and even build parts and ships in Pegasus would be to use a ship specially designed for the job with transporter beams extracting the materials needed and then fabricating tech on board ship.
              Something like that would be great for the Travelers, but it's just safer in the long run for Earth to do it n the Milky Way on worlds with Naqueda and other stuff.

Comment

yepp, since we are the dominating force in the MW, it's much safer. if the lucian alliance, the free jaffa, and the remaining goa'uld ganged up on us, we'd be screwed, but i don't see that happeing any time soon
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

yepp, since we are the dominating force in the MW, it's much safer. if the lucian alliance, the free jaffa, and the remaining goa'uld ganged up on us, we'd be screwed, but i don't see that happeing any time soon
                  I don't know about us being screwed if those races ganged up on us, we could just build shielded facilities with some decent ground based weapons for mining and off world ship building.
                  The Odyssey could take out most of the Goauld type ships and we've got four other 304s which could probably take on 5 or 6 Ha'Taks a piece maybe even more than that without too much trouble.

If we had a couple of refinery/construction ships instead of ground based facilities then they could still have the beam weapons, shields and could pretty easily defend themselves from Ha'Tak attacks.

Comment

still, there are at least 400-500 ha'taks out there, and if they were to launch an all out attack on earth, we couldn't do much.
                    sigpic

Spoiler:
                    Hehe

Comment

still, there are at least 400-500 ha'taks out there, and if they were to launch an all out attack on earth, we couldn't do much.
                      I thought it was never stated just how many Ha'Taks exist, I know in season one of SG1 Apophis brought 2 ships and Thor later mentioned in season 3 that the System Lords could amass a fleet one hundred times the size or strength of that.
                      Since early SG1 many fleets of Ha'Taks have been lost in battles and I don't see more than a hundred or two being left in the Milky Way which I think we could deal with.

Would the Jaffa and Lucian alliance commit every ship they have if they can't replace them and we can replace ours if they're lost?

We could probably dispatch each Ha'Tak with a single shot of the APBWs and I think it would take several minutes for even a dozen Ha'Tak's to deplete a standard 304's shields, with the Odyssey they'd have no hope and Earth could up the power generation and tweak the 304s shields with extra emitters like's been discussed elsewhere for the regular 304s to be even tougher.

Some ground based Asgard shielded pulse weapons, or beam satellites could take out a Goauld fleet if the Drones can't be used.

Comment

i havn't watched SG-1 in forever, but i think Sokar by himself could summon a fleet of over 200 ships... the goa'uld probably controlled several thousand systems, and when they realised the tau'ri were a threat, they probably started building more ships.
                        sigpic

Spoiler:
                        Hehe

Comment

the oddy could sit there all day and keep on firing, killing these thousands of ha'tak with minimal damage to itself. seeing as about every beam is a kill. davidson would be bored out of his skull. just firing all day long on these ha'tak killing them over and over and over.

pegasus does have naquahdah. but the wraith probably guard any significant vein and its stupid to set up a mine in annother, unstable galaxy while you have a rather safe one where you live in

Comment

Originally posted by Chaapaai993 View Post
                            I think that, either the Ancients would have had the Pegasus Stargates made in the Milky Way and then transported to PG, or they had some way of 'making' naqudah. It might've existed in Pegasus and they mined it all away.
                            Transporting what might have been thousands of stargates from MW to Pegasus seems a bit unwieldy. What might make better sense was that they transported as much raw naquadah with them as they could, then began constructing the gate network in Pegasus. And of course, over the millions of years they were in Pegasus, more naquadah was likely found to continue expanding the gate network.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by deezer47 View Post
                              stargates are built using naquada, so im assuming that pegasus is full of it aswell.
                              The Cosmological Principle: "On large spatial scales, the Universe is homogeneous and isotropic." That means that, unless there is a reason that Naquada would be present in a "normal" galaxy but not in dwarf galaxy, there is Naquada in Pegasus.

Originally posted by deezer47 View Post
                              why do you think there hasnt been any mention of it in the atlantis series. they were always going on about mining for it in sg1.
                              As has already been mentioned, it would be far more difficult to set up a mining facility in another galaxy, as there are only two ways to get personnel and material from Milky Way to Pegasus: a BC-304 or a ZPM-powered Stargate.
                              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Working...
                              X