This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate Sci-Fi Evil: Who's No.1?

So, in a galaxy far, far away (though not too far) a Battle Royale rages between all Sci-Fi Evil, but who will win and be named the ULTIMATE EVIL?

Basically, who do you think is the No. 1 Bad Guy/Group of Bad Guys across all Sci-Fi:

e.g. Cylons / Daleks / Replicators / Borg / Evil Asgard / Wraith / Peacekeepers / any Bads really.

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

It depends. The Borg would be able to beat almost everyone including the Milky Way Replicators. The contest in my mind would be between the Pegasus Replicators and the Borg. If the Borg could assimilate the Pegasus Replicators the Borg would win. However, if the Pegasus Replicators cannot be assimilated then they would have a chance. If both sides were fighting each other with all the resources at their disposal I believe that the Borg would have the best chance of winning. So I guess I am going to vote for the Borg. Resistance is Futile.

Dr. Daedalus
    God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
    Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Borg? No. Just no. Anyone with a bog standard gun can mow down zombie drones. No problem.

Daleks at the height of their power are going to kill anything on that list. They're a match for TimeLords. And can pretty much manipulate space and time at will as a species. Any of those lesser species mes with them, they're never going to have existed.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Adria (Ori) would be a contender.

Comment

As pure power, MW replicators.

As evil, Anubis

Go Green

Comment

This is a good thread.

I would love it if all the copyright holders would temporarily release the rights to all baddies from all shows and some how make a movie for charity that manages to contrive having some sort of head to head with all Sci-Fi aliens.

The borg are pussy cats.
            Replicators are a bit dumn.
            I actually think peacekeepers from Farscape would have a chance as they are quite manipulative. Given the right context they might win by inteligience.

Comment

I am not sure who could be the best worst enemy. I am not familiar with the Doctor Who universe to accurately say who could win from that.

I don't think the Borg could win. They are a close cousin to replicators but with more vulnerabilities. Their shielding only protects them from energy weapons meanwhile human form replicators can take projectile weapons fire. The Borg could not assimilate the replicators. They use nanites to infect a human while the replicators are nanites themselves. If anything I would say it would be easy for a replicator to take control of the borg collective. And other Star Trek baddies were not better.

Star Wars would not win. They are too big and not maneuvarable. Including the Death Star. Hmm, how about just get behind it and fire at it from the back?

I might have to say the Pegasus Replicators as far as power is concerned. The MW replicators were a better enemy as far as their ambition to conquer all. I did not like being able to change the code of the PG reps all the time.

For sheer malice I would it's a tie between Replicator Sam and Anubis. I think it would have been awesome to see Replicator Sam and Oberoth meet. I don't think they would have gotten along.

Comment

He wouldn't be able to win a war against any of those mentioned above, but if it is pure evil you are looking for, it would have to be niska in firefly. They always talk about bad guys taking pleasure in the pain of those they are torturing, but most shows pussy out of showing it, unlike firefly where we saw his evilness in action.
                I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Nice thread indeed!

Could be B5's Shadows? Those are a rather old and powerful race. Their ships can shift between normal space and/or hyperspace plus they are very dificult to destroy and their beams can cut almost anything (except Vorlon shielding of course)
                  Soultaker
                  "Understanding is a three-edged sword." - An old Vorlon saying.

Comment

Human-form replicators. It's practically impossible to kill them (without an ARG of some sort). Although, while they may be hard to kill and while they do kill others, the Goa'uld have the appearance of the most evil. The evil music they play when a Goa'uld comes into frame... especially with Kull warriors...

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

Yeah, I'm definitely not well-versed enough in sci-fi to be able to make a call on that one. But based on what freaks me out the most, MW replicators. LOL.
                      sigpic
                      Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                      I'm a 60%er!
                      ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by bungeeguy245 View Post
                        I don't think the Borg could win. They are a close cousin to replicators but with more vulnerabilities. Their shielding only protects them from energy weapons meanwhile human form replicators can take projectile weapons fire. The Borg could not assimilate the replicators. They use nanites to infect a human while the replicators are nanites themselves.
                        The Borg are capable of assimilating technology. They would definitely assimilate the Milky Way Replicators. I do not know if they could assimilate the Pegasus Replicators but even if they could not the Borg have a much larger war machine than the Pegasus Replicators. If the Borg attacked the Pegasus Replicators with their entire fleet the Replicators would be toast. Also since Adria, the Ori, and Anubis would be busy battling each other the Borg would have time to re-create Merlin's weapon and destroy them.

Dr. Daedalus
                        God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                        Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I just don't see the Borg assimilating the MW replicators either. How can their nanites which are soley designed to infect cells and re-program them overpower nanties that can form entire ships and artificial intelligence. I just don't see a Borg sticking his little prongs in a replicator bug or person and it having any effect. If anything the replicator nanites would use them to do what they do best, replicate.

And as far as the anti-ascended being weapon, where they gonna figure out how to do it from? The borg steal their technology much the same as the Goauld. Then the improve upon it a little. The only true technological advantage I have seen them have is their ability to teleport through shields, their space drive (can't remember what name was),and their personal shields. They usually rip off other people's ideas. They couldn't even take out that one species from that other dimension without Voyager's help. Their personal shields are null against a replicator who has the same ability to resist energy based weapons. And I bet a replicator is much stronger than a borg.

Comment

Dark Helmet. He has the downside of the Schwartz...

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

nice thread....

I guess you can separate out non-corporeal and the rest..

non-corporeal: In the world of stargate has to be the "Ori" and to a lesser extent "Anubis".

corporeal: I guess the milkyway replicators. Was never a big fan of replicators but I felt they much harder to kill compared the pegasus replicators. Heck they needed the dakara super weapon and possibly some still live in other galaxies, since they are not confined to the milkyway. I hope the Pegasus Asgard will prove allot more harder to kill.

In terms of others:

The Borg? Naaahh.... Borg do not create! The borg assimilate! Species 8472 showed what happens when the Borg are unable to assimilate. If it wasn't for Voyager, borg and probably the whole milkyway would be no more.

what I could remember from other sci-fi shows:

Spirit of the Abyss (Andromeda): Can actually survive a nova bomb . Creator of the magog. It is essentially the devil. You are either created by the divine or the abyss.
                              Pah Wraith (Star Trek DS9): Cousins of the 'Ori'
                              Yuuzhan Vong (Star Wars Expanded Universe): For goodness sake they are Force invisible
                              Shadows (Babylon 5): Member of the 'first ones'
                              Romulans/Remans (Star Trek): Trilithium, Dilithium, Thalaron radiation related research and weapons. Highly advanced cloaks.
                              Last edited by SG-Lover-SL; 23 January 2009, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X