F-22 Raptor against death glider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-22 Raptor against death glider

I personally think the Raptor as it can fire semy stealthy missles from farther out than a glider can fire at it from. Although how fast does a glider go because that could play a vital roll in the fight.

sigpic
    Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
    STARGATE RESURRECTION

The glider is faster and more maneuvrable since it csa acelerate in any direction instantaneously and it can cross interplanetary distance in hours.

You also have no guarantee of stalth since they may not even use RADAR, in which case, BOOM, there goes your number one advantage which every Raptor pilot is taught to use.

Comment

In Continuum we saw MiGs and F-15s go against death gliders and win. The F-22 is a more advanced fighter than either the MiG or the F-15. Unless the F-22 was outnumbered by the death gliders I think the F-22 would win.

Dr. Daedalus
      God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
      Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Well in Continuum the Death Gliders were dumbed down so much, like the Ha'taks mind you, that it hurt.
        That said, DGs stand very little chance. If at least their weapon system had good range and aim, and a high ROF, at least they could stand a chance, but not here, and when facing a fighter, we're speaking of a thin profile, it's not going to help either.
        DGs are not good fighters in general, they're certainly not meant to be.
        Earth, as a whole, has been very lucky in fact that it has never faced an advanced enemy which put function before style.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The gliders in Continuum were going mach 3+ so they definitely have a speed advantage.
          sigpic

Comment

Paul Metz said when he was head test pilot for the F-22 - he said the F-22 has a top speed greater than 1,600 mph (Mach 2.42) and its climb rate is faster than the F-15 Eagle.

I'd speculate that the actual (classified) top speed if the F-22 is better than Mach 3. The SR-71 cruised at well above Mach 3 and it has been discontinued.

Comment

Earth would dominate any alien species that we've seen to date except for the Ancient's drones.

Our aircraft would be vastly superior in atmospheric situations. Death Gliders don't strike me as good fighters. They need to be within probably a kilometre to have a hope in hell of hitting an enemy, and that would take some accurate shooting in a dog fight.

We see them 100 metres behind a 302 in the Battle in Antarctica spraying their staffs like mad trying to hit 302's that are often traveling in relatively straight lines.

But it would never come to that. The F-22 is apparently going to be carrying the AIM-120D AMRAAM which can hit enemies at over 100 miles away. If it was multiple F-22's against multiple Death Gliders, I would not want to be a Jaffa.

As for whether or not the missiles would be able to track the fighters, the missiles that 302's use work against Death Gliders, Alkesh, and Darts.

So my money is on yes.

You can say whatever you want about missiles not tracking the DG's due to speed or whatever else, but we've seen Stingers take them out. That means that an AIM-120D would have more than enough kick to probably knock out a few, and that in atmospheric conditions it could track them.

Adjustments might have to be made to be able to hit something traveling at Mach 3, but it's certainly feasible.

As for the DG's going at Mach 3 being impressive, that would be worthless in combat. If the F-22 was travelling slowly I'd love to see the a DG pilot hit an F-22 when passing at Mach 3.
              Last edited by Finger13; 22 January 2009, 09:08 PM.

Comment

The DG is primarily designed for space combat while the F-22 is an atmospheric fighter. The DG has staff cannons which are far from being accurate while the F-22 has guided missiles. The F-22 pilots are much better trained and more skilled than the jaffa. So in an atmospheric fight with an even number of participants I have to go with the F-22.

Comment

I'd go with the F-22, unless they where really badly out numbered, more than 8:1. While the Death glider can fly in space, and is more durable, there weapons only have an effective range of a few hundred feet. The F-22s just fire their missiles a few miles out, and blow up the Death gliders before they even meet face to face. Death Gliders are meant to terrorize people, or fight against other Gou'ald in space, not go toe-to-toe with Super efficient Air superiority fighters in the atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Itzan View Post
                    I'd go with the F-22, unless they where really badly out numbered, more than 8:1. While the Death glider can fly in space, and is more durable, there weapons only have an effective range of a few hundred feet. The F-22s just fire their missiles a few miles out, and blow up the Death gliders before they even meet face to face. Death Gliders are meant to terrorize people, or fight against other Gou'ald in space, not go toe-to-toe with Super efficient Air superiority fighters in the atmosphere.
                    Exactly right ^^^. The Goa'uld death gliders are poor fighters they'd get torn apart by ranged weaponary.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Ahhh... just imagine how badly we cold get our arses kicked if there was a competent lifeform in chagre of the goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                        Ahhh... just imagine how badly we cold get our arses kicked if there was a competent lifeform in chagre of the goa'uld.
                        But then they wouldn't be Goa'uld would they?
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          But then they wouldn't be Goa'uld would they?
                          Alright, competent snakehead then.

Comment

Things would definately be interrestning if some f-302 stuff is added to f-22, like inertial dampeners, trinnium hull.. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                              Things would definately be interrestning if some f-302 stuff is added to f-22, like inertial dampeners, trinnium hull.. etc.
                              Actually that would make things more boring...it would mean a swifter death for the Death glider.

Comment

Working...
                              X