This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jericho movie in development

Despite not achieving strong ratings with its second season, Jericho may be returning as a feature film.

Speaking to If Magazine, the show's executive producer Jon Turteltaub revealed that a feature is in development. "It would not require you to have seen the TV show, but it gets into life after an event like this on a national scale. It would be the bigger, full-on American version of what’s going on beyond the town in Jericho."

The tale of life in a post-nuclear holocaust America was cancelled at the end of its first season, but brought back for seven episodes by fan pressure. Turteltaub anticipates that the lead cast, including Skeet Ulrich and Lennie James, will return for the movie, and added that he doesn't think it will require a huge budget.

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/2981-jer...in-development

I was always hoping for a feature film, especially after the last episode.

Personally I think the budget thing depends on what they truly wanted to show, I would love them show fighting in the bomb cities and a full scale war between the two fractions.

But then if they could really go small scale and just show our heroes eliminating the ring leaders on the plot and the people of Jericho just surviving.

Somewhere in-between I think we will get. From what he saying it sounds like he probably got both versions in mind, and the one we will get depends on the money he can raise.

Comment

I never did see the neding to Jericho, but it's great that they want to make a film.
      "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

They keep trying, but they just can't kill it.

It's not as awesome as the show somehow coming back again, but it's better than nothing.

Comment

Hey, that's great news. I liked Jericho.

Thanks Madwelshboy!
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I would love to see more Jericho. I loved how the show ended
            Spoiler:
            though it would have been amazing to see the war.
            If they do release this in Cinemas I am so there!

Comment

Working...
            X