Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the railguns on Atlantis Balconies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the railguns on Atlantis Balconies?

Was at work today and something hit me.

What happened to the rail guns on Atlantis Balconies? From the siege that was brought from the Prometheus. They should have still been there. Yet I didn't hear any mention of them from any episode after that.

Also do you guys think that Atlantis will make it back to Pegasus? I wonder how they will rise the city into space without the general public being like wtf at the ocean swirling around randomly and a whole gust of wind from no where.

With the Atlantis gate now on earth. All incoming traffic will go there. So I wonder if they will set up the SGC at Atlantis or set the gate up using the workaround McKay had built in the past for the Midway station.

Now that it is on earth. It is a good time for several repairs and upgrades with all earths resources there. I'd imagine they would get to and from the city by use of the Puddle Jumper.

Originally posted by AMCDeathKnight View Post

What happened to the rail guns on Atlantis Balconies? From the siege that was brought from the Prometheus. They should have still been there. Yet I didn't hear any mention of them from any episode after that.
    They were taken down after that since we developed the cloak. They took up too much room to remain up.

Also do you guys think that Atlantis will make it back to Pegasus?
    Most likely.
    I wonder how they will rise the city into space without the general public being like wtf at the ocean swirling around randomly and a whole gust of wind from no where.
    Oh that's easy. Declare a classified oporation for that day to block off that area and there you go.

With the Atlantis gate now on earth. All incoming traffic will go there. So I wonder if they will set up the SGC at Atlantis or set the gate up using the workaround McKay had built in the past for the Midway station.
    Not really. Pull the control crystal and have gate travel remain the same.

Now that it is on earth. It is a good time for several repairs and upgrades with all earths resources there. I'd imagine they would get to and from the city by use of the Puddle Jumper.
    Most likely.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Cool thanks :-0

Comment

The Rail Guns where brought by the DAEDALUS, not the PROMETHEUS.

Of course the City will go back, too much on finished business

Woo Hoo, first post

Comment

Originally posted by Mc Hank View Post
          The Rail Guns where brought by the DAEDALUS, not the PROMETHEUS.

Of course the City will go back, too much on finished business

Woo Hoo, first post
          Welcome to gateworld! ^^ That said...

The railguns weren't brought by any ship, but they had been intended for installation on Prometheus during her next refit. Everett's marines brought them via Stargate during the beginning of The Siege, Pt. 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Vn70072 View Post
            Welcome to gateworld! ^^ That said...

The railguns weren't brought by any ship, but they had been intended for installation on Prometheus during her next refit. Everett's marines brought them via Stargate during the beginning of The Siege, Pt. 2.
            Damm, you are right! what a rookie mistake

Comment

Besides equipping Atlantis with maybe some beam weapon platforms there isn't anything we could equip it with to upgrade it. Also I doubt we can repair Atlantis besides repairing the structure. System that were damaged are probably not gonna be able to be repaired by us. We still don't know how most of the advanced systems even work.

Comment

Originally posted by AMCDeathKnight View Post

Actually in season 3's Misbegotten (S3E02) when the hive enters atlantis's orbit, Teyla asks doctor beckett if he is ready in the control chair and then asks if all rail gun positions are ready.

Comment

They were never seen again after the seige, one could assume they were packed away or returned for placement on the Apollo or a later ship. Once the drone supply was refilled in The Tower there really was no reason to keep them in the city. Theyre only good for darts anyways, anything less than a drone on a hive ship is useless.

I wouldnt mind with
                  Spoiler:
                  atlantis on earth
                  seeing asgard beams on the towers and drone peirs, and the rail guns brought back, as well as some more conventional nuke launching sites. In its situation and location theres really no reason not to pimp it out with everything. Unless they wanna keep an anchienty feel about it.

Comment

I just assumed alien seagulls destroyed them by sitting on them and er, relieving themselves. that stuff can corrode...

Comment

Working...
                    X