Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end of EATG souldent have worked

Spoiler:
    after Atlantis started fighting the super hive they added another gate to the mix, the gate and custom DHD on Atlantis should have superseded the one on the hive ship, was probably just a writer glitch. this is what they should have done, they got to the gate but it wouldn't lock then mkay realized that Atlantis's gate was superseding it so Shepard decides to go back to the dart bay and fly a dart out of the hive with the others beamed into a storage device.

Originally posted by boomer150 View Post
    Spoiler:
    after Atlantis started fighting the super hive they added another gate to the mix, the gate and custom DHD on Atlantis should have superseded the one on the hive ship, was probably just a writer glitch. this is what they should have done, they got to the gate but it wouldn't lock then mkay realized that Atlantis's gate was superseding it so Shepard decides to go back to the dart bay and fly a dart out of the hive with the others beamed into a storage device.
    Or they radio atlantis to disconect the gate

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Or it only superseeds it for incoming wormholes not outbound ?

Comment

remember earth couldn't dial out but its possible, and Atlantis could of disconnected there DHD before they used the wormhole drive.

Comment

but your assuming that atlantises custom DHD actually supercedes the regular DHDs. it could be the other way around. the regular DHD superceded the custom one.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
            but your assuming that atlantises custom DHD actually supercedes the regular DHDs. it could be the other way around. the regular DHD superceded the custom one.
            That wouldn't really make sense though, would it? The SGC's computer was superseded by real DHD's, but we're talking about the Ancients. I can't see Atlantis being superseded by other gates.

Actually... Now that I think of it, the same happened in First Strike. The satellite weapon blocked out Atlantis' gate. So never mind, it is possible for another Pegasus gate to block out Atlantis'.

Comment

Actually... Now that I think of it, the same happened in First Strike. The satellite weapon blocked out Atlantis' gate. So never mind, it is possible for another Pegasus gate to block out Atlantis'.
              no it was an active gate within a certain radius that blocks it out. if it was de-activated it woudlve been different.

mckay reconfigured the DHD. he might have just overcome that aswell.

also, both are pegasus gates with a DHD. so i think its simpler if atlantis will always recieve, but both dial out. just as the NID/Trust second gate. they dialled out too, because neither had a DHD.

Comment

It was a plot hole, end of, and for the first time its a pot hole i can accept.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  also, both are pegasus gates with a DHD. so i think its simpler if atlantis will always recieve, but both dial out. just as the NID/Trust second gate. they dialled out too, because neither had a DHD.
                  Your possibly right. You need to think of it this way. The Ancients were very intellegent for designing the Stargates. Why would them making something like that be too hard too believe?

Though your example is probably off. Neither of the Gates had DHDs and that really made them able to send. But we really didn't figure out by what would happen if someone dailed in with both gates powered if I remember right. (Which I probably don't.)

Comment

simultanious dial would probably make both shut down

Comment

yes, it would prob. have superseded every other gate (milky and pegasus ones), so it is a glitch!

the one on the Replicator-Satellite, well it was configured to superseed atlantis (and after it was dialed there was no way to break the lock anyway (without having to destroy the super-ZPM-powered gate that launched the beam)

greetings LAX
                      ps: is it even possible to write without glitches if have a really good plot/plot-device that has not been used before? (i guess not, still plotholes are pretty darn anoying -.-)

Comment

I am thinking of one thing .

if you need to dial out/in you need to be in a place where the DHD is setup ( planets) thats why they was not enapple to dial out in 401 (adrift) and in
                        Spoiler:
                        EATG they reconfig the DHD on atlantis to dial earth when they dropped out of hyberdrive early, but they did not get earth when they dialed but the Superhive.

So maybe atlantis was not setup for earth´s "config" (like when you take your laptop another place and it is only setup for you home internet), thats why atlantis stargate did not work when they came to earth.
                        Shows I see:Stargate, Bones, Fringe, Supernatural, V 2009, Top gear, Criminal Minds, Sanctuary
                        Things I like:Kids, My wife, My god old Ferrari, My(wife´s) Audi RS4, Intel PC

Comment

there is a difference between outgoing and incoming.

-its long canon that one gate becomes the primary, the other the secondary. both can dial, but only the primary recieves. the PS gate was the primary, but it doesnt mean you cant dial out.

Comment

unless they dialed when atlantis was.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

yes it seems the most obvious solution to the SGC problem

Comment

Working...
                              X