Fastest Hyperdrive in Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fastest Hyperdrive in Stargate

Probably been done to death but sorry I couldn't find it.

What is the order of hyperdrive speeds seen in Stargate so far. Here is my order compiled with no research whatsoever from fastest to slowest....

1. Ancients - Well they are the best at everything aren't they
    2. Asurans - They are just copies of the ancients
    2. Ori - evil half brother of the ancients must be up there
    3. Asgard - They seemed to go pretty quick
    4. Tauri - Well we have Asgard drives so makes sense
    5. Gould - Just filling in numbers now
    6. Wraith - I remember somewhere they were pretty slow

I know there are several races I left out but i was more interested in who is in the top 3 or so rather than who is 10th.
    sigpic

Well, the wraith can be #1 now since a zpm powered hive can make it from pegasus to earth rather quickly.
    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
      Well, the wraith can be #1 now since a zpm powered hive can make it from pegasus to earth rather quickly.
      That does change the leader board a bit doesn't it.
      sigpic

Comment

the top 3 fastest are: (non specific) Asgard, Ancients, Superhive. ori are untested(No clue how long it took them to get to IDA. ) the wraith have organic tech so can just grow bigger stuff with more power, and seeing the quality of Asuran Aurora's, i doubt their power severely.
        Last edited by thekillman; 18 January 2009, 01:13 AM.

Comment

I'd say Atlantis' stardrive is the fastest.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

did Atlantis pass the edge of Pegasus Before or After the superhive was on earth?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              did Atlantis pass the edge of Pegasus Before or After the superhive was on earth?
              I think the superhive was at earth before Atlantis set off. To me it looks like Atlantis made the trip in less than a day.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

well we DO know for one that hyperdrives CAN be pushed. not, because they are running at 140% efficiency or so. a hyperdrive has a maximum safe speed. you can go faster, sure. but then the hyperdrive itself starts degrading. the deadalus did it in under 4 days. but it shouldnt have been alot longer or it went haywire. seeing that atlantis has a much more...massive engine, i bet you can push it abit more. but remember that the trip wasnt complete.

Comment

well we DO know for one that hyperdrives CAN be pushed. not, because they are running at 140% efficiency or so. a hyperdrive has a maximum safe speed. you can go faster, sure. but then the hyperdrive itself starts degrading. the deadalus did it in under 4 days. but it shouldnt have been alot longer or it went haywire. seeing that atlantis has a much more...massive engine, i bet you can push it abit more. but remember that the trip wasnt complete.
                  Thats true, it still got to the edge of the milky way which is the biggest chunk of the trip in what appears to me less than a day, much less. It was running at 100% they never mentioned they were pushing it.

Comment

ok so:

-1 sheppard gates to SGC. some chitchat, then they get in the elevator
                    -2 atlantis takes off
                    -3 they are in the crisis centre. "that could take some doing". (no clue how long that means). hive is not supposed to be here for weeks.
                    -4 Atlantis passes the outer edge of the galaxy.
                    -5 refitting 302's, dart wave
                    -6 dogfight, loss of chair.
                    -7 atlantis drops out.

the only real timehole is the refitting: how long would that take? also, if atlantis-PS edge by deadalus=2 days. then atlantis did it in say:

-2 hours. 24x faster as the deadalus. 6x ZPM deadalus. some 16 hours for atlantis to reach earth.
                    -4 hours. 12x faster as the deadalus, 3x ZPM deadalus, some 32 hours to reach earth=1.333 days.
                    -8 hours, 6x faster as the deadalus, 1.5x ZPM deadalus, some 64 hours to reach earth= 2.6 days.

unfortunately, its just chronological, not with any sense of time passes. when they passed the edge, everything was dark and silent. so it seemed like night. but you can see where the calcs are going. every hour has an immense impact on the total calculatable travel time. if i have a somewhat accurate estimate of the refit ( i have no clue) then i can estimate the most accurate ones.

Comment

ok so:

-1 sheppard gates to SGC. some chitchat, then they get in the elevator
                      -2 atlantis takes off
                      -3 they are in the crisis centre. "that could take some doing". (no clue how long that means). hive is not supposed to be here for weeks.
                      -4 Atlantis passes the outer edge of the galaxy.
                      -5 refitting 302's, dart wave
                      -6 dogfight, loss of chair.
                      -7 atlantis drops out.

the only real timehole is the refitting: how long would that take? also, if atlantis-PS edge by deadalus=2 days. then atlantis did it in say:

-2 hours. 24x faster as the deadalus. 6x ZPM deadalus. some 16 hours for atlantis to reach earth.
                      -4 hours. 12x faster as the deadalus, 3x ZPM deadalus, some 32 hours to reach earth=1.333 days.
                      -8 hours, 6x faster as the deadalus, 1.5x ZPM deadalus, some 64 hours to reach earth= 2.6 days.

unfortunately, its just chronological, not with any sense of time passes. when they passed the edge, everything was dark and silent. so it seemed like night. but you can see where the calcs are going. every hour has an immense impact on the total calculatable travel time. if i have a somewhat accurate estimate of the refit ( i have no clue) then i can estimate the most accurate ones.
                      Well they would have been trying to refit those 302's as fast as possible, it wouldn't have been many hours IMO.

TBH we can only guess but Atlantis is certainly the fastest.

Comment

ok just to show the inconsitency:

EARTH. CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN COMPLEX. STARGATE COMMAND (S.C.G.). In the Control Room, the Stargate is open. Elizabeth is reporting over a video link to General Hank Landry.

WEIR: In approximately one hour, the Wraith will drop out of hyperspace ... (she pushes a button and a star map appears on the screens) ... here. It's just outside of the Pegasus galaxy. There, they will pause for fifteen hours. If Daedalus and Orion break orbit on our current schedule, they should be able to reach those coordinates in just under fourteen hours, best possible speed.
                        wheras in The Intruder, it was two days!. wheras the asgard could reach ida in no-time at all, with some of the fastest ships they have, and then suddenly later it took four days to pegasus!

Comment

Asgard ships from seasons 2 through 9 of SG-1 are insanely fast. It takes them minutes to fly between Ida and Earth. Then there's "Unnatural Selection" where Thor's ship flew 1,200 lightyears in 2 or 3 seconds with the Prometheus in tow. The only time Asgard ships wasn't super fast was in "Misbegotten" where Weir said that being transported by the Asgard ship from Earth to Atlantis would shave 2 weeks off the trip. Although she did add that the Asgard didn't have many ships to spare so it is possible that the ship they used was underpowered.

Comment

well we couldnt be picky... a Beliskner is insanely fast. an oneill, seeing as its built for actual war, might have more than 4 NIGs and be even faster.

Comment

well we couldnt be picky... a Beliskner is insanely fast. an oneill, seeing as its built for actual war, might have more than 4 NIGs and be even faster.
                              There's no doubt that Asgard ships are capable of traveling at some crazy speeds.
                              The O'Neill could have an improved and more efficient hyperdrive and it's NIGs may be capable of producing more power than the Baliskner class and for all we know the O'Neill could be powered off of something entirely different to an NIG.
                              The only time I can recall NIGs being mentioned was in Nemesis, if the Baliskner is a really old Asgard ship, then it would stand to reason that the Asgard could have installed something more potent to power the O'Neill.

The underlining factor seems to be power, but I get the feeling that it may have taken longer than four days for the Superhive to reach Earth.
                              I think Rodney has said before that Wraith hyperdrive engines aren't as efficient as the Asgard ones (possibly in The Siege Part 3).

I would guess the Ancients to be the fastest as they could, if they wanted build a hyperdrive powered off dozens of ZPMs and most likely make use of all of that power to shorten travel times drastically.
                              It's also possible if the Asgard had the power generating capabilities of the Ancients they could do the same in their later years.

Comment

Working...
                              X