Can Zat Blast vs Iris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Zat Blast vs Iris

Can Zat blasts travel through the gate? we have seen staff weapon shots go through, as well as wraith stun shots, but what about zat blasts?
    because if they can then shouldn't a zat blast (which is just energy and therefore small enough to rematerialize between the iris and the wormhole) be able to, after three shots, disintegrate the iris and leave earth susceptible to attack?
    Last edited by corey2002; 17 January 2009, 11:50 AM. Reason: added to it
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

alright, i posted this to the iris sci/tec thread...now how do i delete this thread?
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002 View Post
      Can Zat blasts travel through the gate? we have seen staff weapon shots go through, as well as wraith stun shots, but what about zat blasts?
      because if they can then shouldn't a zat blast (which is just energy and therefore small enough to rematerialize between the iris and the wormhole) be able to, after three shots, disintegrate the iris and leave earth susceptible to attack?
      The whole 3 shot thing wasn't really canon. They said that they regretted writing that in, because it made everything too convenient, not to mention in the countless firefights that had Zats in them, nothing disintegrated despite getting hit multiple times by Zat blasts.

My answer is no. We've seen them use the Zat to make things disappear what, twice?

If the Zat could take down an iris, the Goa'uld wouldn't go to the trouble of getting particle accelerators, Tollan phase shifting tech, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
        The whole 3 shot thing wasn't really canon. They said that they regretted writing that in, because it made everything too convenient, not to mention in the countless firefights that had Zats in them, nothing disintegrated despite getting hit multiple times by Zat blasts.

My answer is no. We've seen them use the Zat to make things disappear what, twice?

If the Zat could take down an iris, the Goa'uld wouldn't go to the trouble of getting particle accelerators, Tollan phase shifting tech, etc.

well it could not take the iris. Why?

It is massive like a wall and the ZAT disintegration was made to despose of bodies (the iris is not a dead enemy, is it? ^^)

and for the thing quoted: they didn't regret it (at least that is my take on it) the multiple hits were mostly kills (2 hits) if there were three hits there were minutes between, i take it that the "charging" of the body of an enemy for the 2 and 3 shot uses to work dissipate quickly)

greetings LAX

Comment

good question

Comment

I think that the ability to disintegrate is based on size, if you hit a wall or a rock, it's larger than a person and just spreads the energy too thin resulting in nothing compared with a person.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              I think that the ability to disintegrate is based on size, if you hit a wall or a rock, it's larger than a person and just spreads the energy too thin resulting in nothing compared with a person.

Vala,
              Yes and to add that the density of object in question should also be looked at, like a body or a box of crap is a lot less dense than the iris.

Comment

Working...
              X