Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's going to be serious issues once Priors mate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's going to be serious issues once Priors mate...

Just thinking out loud. I can see the rise of castes of people who possess portions of Prior DNA.
    That's not counting the fact that Priors still have the capacity to transform people into other Priors, until proven false.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

they can't transform people without the aid of the Ori, who are dead. i think.
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by IMDB
    Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
    Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
      unless they found out how to do it or managed to finally ascend on their own...

Yet they would surely become a caste of superhumans eager to "give guidance" to less advanced people.
      La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
      L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Yes, the Ori were destroyed via Merlin's Sangraal.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i know that, but i'm not sure weather the Priors need them to make new priors.
          sigpic

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by IMDB
          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
          Hehe

Comment

i know that, but i'm not sure weather the Priors need them to make new priors.
            That was implied in origin

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

yup it was.

and well, it could be that the priors go back to their family and just get more kids and get supercool prior kids.

Comment

Well, Adria the Orici was able to transform Daniel(with merlin's mind at the time) into a Prior in the MilkyWay.
                Ori were not allow to use their power in the milyway as long as the Ancient were the still milklyway 's dominant Ascended being.

Later when the all the Ori wer kill by the Merlin, Adria were still able to built new mothership which require Prior to power up.

we know at least one more Doci were still around (the one play by Julian Sands) so in theory they can creat many more Prior.
                And Prior were artifically advance human so near ascension ,that they have advance human PSI or healing abilities like people who are artifically advance to near ascension ,but can sustain their human life without death or ascension.

If they have children, their children may be more advance , but with their gey face, it will be hard for them to get girlfriend, unless they already have wife before they were prior.
                so it is very likly they some of them will have children

Comment

Also they turned whats his name into one the jaffa guy
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

it could be that the priors go back to their family and just get more kids and get supercool prior kids.
                    I don't think priors have families once they decided to take the path to becoming a prior of the Ori.
                    As it is mentioned in The Forth Horseman that the captured prior had to give up his family upon becoming a prior.
                    It is hard to know the case now that the Ori are gone and their former followers no longer belive in them and their customs.
                    Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Yes, and he showed some regret for giving them up for his religion and the war, it was not much but you could see it was their. Now they are free of the Ori I am guesting some their families will be waiting for them when they return home

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                        with their gey face, it will be hard for them to get girlfriend,
                        Yes, yes it will.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

yes, but if you recall adria turned daniel into a prior in the milky way galaxy and according to the rules, the ori are not allowed to use their powers in the milky way so that would mean theat they can do it themselves.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Didn't even think of this myself but it's certainly interesting. It could be the case that they'll eventually dillute themselves out of existence as a seperate race after several generations of intermixing with the far more numerous regular humans. I have my doubts though.

For one that's assuming the original ones even even die of old age. If they don't die, or live very long lives, they'll probably continue to dominate the Ori civilization even in the absence of anyone believing the Ori are gods.

It's also entirely likely that they'll try to preserve this status quo by selectively reproducing only with other near ascended prior people in this defactor ruling caste. That then raises an interesting point though, there don't seem to be any female ones. It seems then that the best they could do at first would be a 50/50 mix of prior and normal human and then try to ensure those people only had kids with others like them or the 100% original generation priors which would then give you 3/4 prior people. If they don't die of old age you could probably eventually eugenic your way back to a population that was nearly 100% prior again, just by breeding every new more prior generation with the original one that's still around again. That is if there's enough distinct individuals in the first generation to make this sort of thing possible without too much eventually destructive inbreeding.

Comment

If a Prior can get laid, there's hope for every living soul.

I don't think that you can get much uglier.

Comment

Working...
                              X