Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For fun only! - A choice - Tour of duty on The Daedalus or the Enterprise NCC 1701-E?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For fun only! - A choice - Tour of duty on The Daedalus or the Enterprise NCC 1701-E?

First off this is for FUN only (i can't stress that enough people!) just to pass the time...

If you had a choice between doing a tour of duty on the Daedalus or The Enterprise (E) which would you choose & why?

I am not putting my answer down yet, i'd like members to have a go first and if possible to put the reasoning for why your chosen ship & the why for not choosing the other.

For instance: The Daedalus gets to go back to Earth every couple of months and the crew get shore leave (pro). You are a major target for most of the Galaxy (con)

The Enterprise is the most prestigious flagship in the Federation & a quick path up the Command ladder (pro). There is a good chance i'll be a red shirt (con)

Doesn't have to be in this format, just whatever floats you boat.

Or feel feel to ramble....

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

I'd have to pick the Daedalus. Because not only do you go back to Earth frequently, you can also travel to other galaxies in a matter of weeks. the enterprise would probably take hundreds of years to get to Pegasus.
    Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

The Daedulus of course.

The chance to sometimes see our fave Stargate guys. And to kick Alien butt. VERY COOL!!!!
      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

The Enterprise-E everytime as i would get incredibly bored of the Daedalus. Atleast the Enterprise E has holodecks.

Comment

I'd prefer the Enterprise as member of the Hazard - Team. For those of you who don't know what the Hazrad - Team is, it's an elite team of Starfleet personnel. They are deployedn when there's a possibly hazardous situation and was featured in the two computer games Star Trek: Voyager: Elite Force and its successor Star Trek: Elite Force II.
          Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
          Jack: "What?"
          Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
          Jack: "What?"
          Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
          Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
          - - - - -
          Knight Rider S01E11
          KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
          - - - - -
          Eureka S03E12
          Bismarck: This is madness.
          Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

Okay 2 for Daedalus & 2 for Enterprise so far...

For those who went Daedalus, would you think that you might be just be doing a lot more running back & forth than going on actual exploration missions?

Enterprise fans: Ok you've got holodecks but wouldn't bug you not being able to get back to Earth for possibly 5 years?

Thanks for joining in by the way!

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedKirk View Post

For those who went Daedalus, would you think that you might be just be doing a lot more running back & forth than going on actual exploration missions?

Enterprise fans: Ok you've got holodecks but wouldn't bug you not being able to get back to Earth for possibly 5 years?

The Enterprise may not go back to Earth for years but people come and go from Enterprise all the time. Its easy to get to Earth from Enterprise for holidays.

Comment

Daedalus. My adventure in starfleet would almost inevitably end with the words "...and then turned the phaser on himself".

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedKirk View Post

I'd like a combination of the 2. back and forth with exploration mixed in. that would make it interesting
                  Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

I would say a mixture of both. The Daedalus because you could fight the Wraith and Asurans and travel to Atlantis. The Enterprise because you have holodecks, phasers and of course Jean-Luc Picard.

But I would have to work on the bridge of both ships for the action .

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                      Daedalus. My adventure in starfleet would almost inevitably end with the words "...and then turned the phaser on himself".
                      THAT is the best thing i have heard all day!!!

Green for you.

BOOM Baby! I'm Back!

Comment

Daedalus, by far. once enterprise leaves no coming back for YEARS. at warp 5 (5 light years in a year) so i have to say nay to enterprise. Also you cant go very far with only light speed. so Daedalus.

sigpic
                        Sig made by squirrely1
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                        *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

I would choose the Daedalus as it's more powerful (going between galaxies in days) and because I'm totally crazy about 304s. Although, you could do a lot with a holodeck. A Halo 3 program would be intense OR, you could be on the Enterprise in a holodeck program where you are on the Daedalus... the best of both worlds.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

Sorry, The Daedalus is a great ship but it's generally only used as a bus service to the Pegasus Galaxy and the seats look far to uncomfortable. Parts of it look like they have been built from lego.
                            But on the pro side it's not been totally destroyed and can hop between galaxies!

Now look at the Enterprise... Nice sleek lines, comfortable chairs, ability to wander around the (all be it) milky way wherever it wants (except Romulan space, the neutral zone and a couple of other places!). And above all tailor made uniforms in different colours!!!!
                            CONS: People in Red uniforms get killed and the ship gets blown up after every major film!

Great thread!!!

Comment

Daedalus.

One of my favorite ships and realistic portrayal of what an Earth ship could look like compared to other series. (Considering all of the events leading up to creating the BC-304's with the Asgard help and other alien technologies here and now.)

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X