Daedalus (Pre-Unending) Vs Pillar of Autumn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus (Pre-Unending) Vs Pillar of Autumn

I know some people here don't like these Vs Threads but I think this might be a really good one. So here are some statistics on both ships:

Pillar of Autumn
    -1 Modified MAC cannon that can fire 3 rounds per shot
    - 3 Shiva Nuclear Missiles their average yield is 30 megatons but can be higher
    - 300 Archer Missile pods which were arranged in thirty columns and ten rows. Each pod contained 26 individual devices, equaling 7800 missiles
    - 40 50mm MLA Auto-Cannons with overlapping fields of fire for point defense against single ships (This might be similar to the Railguns on the Daedalus
    - 2 Meter thick Titanium A hull plating
    - 1 Squadron of Longsword Interceptors
    - Longswords usually include 110mm Rotary Cannons,120mm Ventral Guns,
    ASGM-10 Missiles (4)

Daedalus (Pre-Unending)
    -Asgard Shields
    - 32 Railguns
    -16 Missile Bays Loaded with Mark III and Mark VIII Tactical Warheads
    -16 F-302's

I know this looks like a lot but from all the information I know I would have to say the Pillar of Autumn would win because it is heavily armed and because of the structure of the Autumn, it is designed to take a massive amount of damage. What does anyone else think?

(Beaming a warhead on the Autumn doesn't count I just want to see in a fair battle without beaming technology)

Well, it all comes down to how much damage the Autumn's MAC Gun would do to the Deadalus. There is no way the Deadalus could get a Nuke past the Autumn's Autocannons, with Cortana (or any AI) controlling it, not without beaming anyway and it's Railguns would do pretty much nothing against the Autumn's Armor.

On the other side of the coin, the Nukes on the Autumn would be like fire crackers on the shield on the Deadalus. Shields in Stargate can with stand Gigaton range Nukes, so the 30-50 Megaton Nukes on the Autumn would be useless. Maybe if all 7800 Archers got through they might do some damage, but they wouldn't all get past the PD Grid on the Deadalus, so once again, firecrackers.

So as I said before, I think it all comes down to how much damage a MAC would do to the Deadalus and even if it does, it only has limited shots (Dozen?). But, if I have to pick, I pick a draw. Where both ships run out of munitions and end up either running away or ramming each other.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Daedalus it has asgard shields that can withstand shots from an ori's main weapon

All it has to do is fly right next to the pillar and drop a bomb and leave

If not then all the Daedalus has to do is shoot out the main bridge with its rail guns exposing the main crew to vacuum and killing them
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
        If not then all the Daedalus has to do is shoot out the main bridge with its rail guns exposing the main crew to vacuum and killing them
        They wouldn't know were the Bridge is, also we could assume that that's were there's the most Battle Plating.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Not where the glass is

If you read the books even Keyes points out the flaw in having the bridge with a window like that
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
            Not where the glass is

If you read the books even Keyes points out the flaw in having the bridge with a window like that
            Haha, true. I haven't read FoR in a while and forgot.

But remember, the Elites thought it was honourable.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

but titanium is nothing compared to Deadalus alloys and powerfull railguns. in order for titanium to give protection, you're taling meters of thick titanium. a railgun on armor is the same as a Shaped charge. the Deadalus fires glowing ammo. this hints at the fact that the bars fired are whitehot/molten. the slug would act like the superhot beam of metal from a shaped charge: the armor would be pushed aside. the only reason hives arent turned to swiss cheese is the combo of thick hull and rapid healing.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                the Deadalus fires glowing ammo. this hints at the fact that the bars fired are whitehot/molten.
                Ummm, wouldn't it just be a tracer?

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

They have advanced sensors, they don't really need tracers.

Comment

I agree with both, they don't need tracers, but they are hot enough to glow, because if they were molten, then it would get flung apart as it exited the barrel- from the aceleration and magnetic fields.

Now, we really can't underestimate the PoA's MAC gun, it's Halo cannon that UNSC ships fire their projectiles at relativistic speed- was it fifteen PSL?

At those speeds, a single shell, 6000 tons for a firgate I beleive, would have serious punch, maybe close to an ori main weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      I agree with both, they don't need tracers, but they are hot enough to glow, because if they were molten, then it would get flung apart as it exited the barrel- from the aceleration and magnetic fields.

Now, we really can't underestimate the PoA's MAC gun, it's Halo cannon that UNSC ships fire their projectiles at relativistic speed- was it fifteen PSL?

At those speeds, a single shell, 6000 tons for a firgate I beleive, would have serious punch, maybe close to an ori main weapon.
                      Frigate fires 300 Ton projectile, while a Super MAC fires a 3000 Ton projectile at 40% the speed of light. Not sure how fast a Frigate fires them but it's much slower.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

illl calc the energy on that

3000 ton im asuming metric

3000000kg
                        40% 3x10^8 = 1.2x10^8ms^-1

e=0.5 mv^2

0.5 x 3,000,000 x (1.2x10^8)^2=2.16x10^22 J

or 21 zettajoules

or 5.2 teratons

Thats a hell of alot considering a hives main guns are rated in the giga tons

if that was 3000,000 american tons its still to a simlar magnitude

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

The biggest point is is that the PoA dose not have any shielding, and armor can with stand very little punishment compared to Asgard Shields.

Edit: And if i remeber the PoA was an aging ship. Also since it had no shields then the engins cant be protected which means one shot from a railgun then its down for the count
                          Last edited by FN-P90; 15 January 2009, 04:51 PM.
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

its awsome defence and poor ofence vs awsome offence and poor defence

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
                              its awsome defence and poor ofence vs awsome offence and poor defence
                              also as I remember from the game the PoA is quite a large ship compared to the Deadalus? This would likely mean that the Deadalus is more agile and as such could run wings around the PoA whislt slowly disabling the PoA, a death of a thousend cuts if you will .
                              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                              X